Wii Sports: Best-Selling Video Game of All Time

zero

I had a Master System that had Alex The Kidd actually in the system...if you turned it on without a cartridge in it, thats the game you got to play.

And I saw Duck Hunt in Gamestm magazine the other day, as the dog was in the Top 10 Video Game Dogs.....*shrugs* Awesome game.

Yep, I had that too. The Master System II it was called. Even though it was no different from the original on the inside, it just looked different and had that game built in. I believe the Master System I had something built in too.

Anyway, the actual cost of the game is presumably passed to the consumer for any bundled game, but it's still not the same as going out and buying the game separately - there's no "choice" involved. There's no way any other Wii game will eclipse the sales of Wii Sports (where it's bundled with the console) since you must take it with the console itself.

But as mentioned, Nintendo know what they're doing.

Actually, the Master System II was a stripped down version of the original Master System - lacked a reset button (although did still feature the PAUSE BUTTON ON THE CONSOLE. Worst design ever.), also didn't have a card slot or an extension slot, both of which were present on the original MS, even if they were never used. Also, it had a funky dust cover thing that went over the cartridges.

The original Master System didn't have anything built in, though, just the MS2, which had Alex Kidd in Miracle World, and later Sonic The Hedgehog.

And it's ALEX KIDD. Not Alex the Kidd. Angry face. Alex Kidd In Miracle World. One of the finest games of all time.

Actually, the Master System II was a stripped down version of the original Master System - lacked a reset button (although did still feature the PAUSE BUTTON ON THE CONSOLE. Worst design ever.)

That's awesome, but if you're gonna give worst design awards out, you need to start with the controllers.

sega-master-pad.jpg

I believe I still have dents in my hands to this very day from those sharp edges.

I also did not know that a Master System converter even existed until now. The best thing I owned that I can attempt to rival that with is the Menacer Gun.

sega-megadrive-menacer.jpg

Actually, the Master System II was a stripped down version of the original Master System - lacked a reset button (although did still feature the PAUSE BUTTON ON THE CONSOLE. Worst design ever.)

That's awesome, but if you're gonna give worst design awards out, you need to start with the controllers.

sega-master-pad.jpg

I believe I still have dents in my hands to this very day from those sharp edges.

I also did not know that a Master System converter even existed until now. The best thing I owned that I can attempt to rival that with is the Menacer Gun.

sega-megadrive-menacer.jpg

that menacer was fucking shite

although it came with a toejam and earl game so i spose thats cool

I had a Master System converter for the GAME GEAR.

The horrible thing was, I got it when my Master System died, and it meant I couldn't play Alex Kidd any more. What's more, I couldn't play Operation Wolf on it either, as it kept assuming I was using a light gun :(

Also, would it be correct to say that the main feature that differentiated the Mega Drive 2 from the Mega Drive was "red bits"?

Edited by Skumfrog Millionaire