Mobile Act Unsigned

K

Anyone watching?

I watched religiously last year until right at the end when they knocked out my two favourite bands (Bad Robots... and.. uh.. the other one)

They kicked Pyrelli out this morning, which is gutting. He was definately my favourite, and I'd love to have seen him in the cover song show next week.

C is voting for Hip Parade, but I'm gonna be voting to get Pyrelli back in.

I think he was cool to break up the endless singer songwriters and generic indie bands.

I think she thought that it was sufficiently different to make an impact this time, which it did - it's different from the first version, and I think it works better with a quicker tempo. Next week I'm sure we'll see something different.

Oh, and the freaky looking Scottish guy (Toby?) has to go next. Why they've been fanwanking over him, I never understood.

I haven't payed much attention to this. A bunch of bands I knew were seemingly applying, but didn't get through...however, I do know of a few who made it through (but have since been voted out);

Then We Take Berlin - I recognised the name straight off, I strumbled across these and just forgot about them, basically sound like New Order. Are awesome.

Casiokid - One band I'm a legit proper big fan of. Chiptune with a more electro-pop twist, tonnes of fun.

Belle Bumble - I have a blog I go to where the guy basically wanks over UK based, female solo artists. Heard her through there. Not bad, but nothing amazing.

Myth Of Unity - There's two banging lasses in them. Of course I love them. Came recommended on another forum as for bands that sound like Sonic Boom Six.

DREAMER - Found on my excursion of Welsh based bands, starting with Working Class Heroes, where I just went through myspace for like an hour one day. Not bad.

...none of them are left though. :( Thought I might have known "Red Orchestra" too, but turns out I didn't...and they're shit.

Out of the bands that are left, I've been check myspaces;

Scarlet Harlots - I think could win. They're exciting enough, they've got a very marketable sound, although it is basically just throwing the Arctic Monkeys and that awful nu-rave shit together...their songs aren't absolute shit though.

Klaus Says By The Record - My personal favourite. Beautiful arrangements, cute tunes.

Hip Parade - Dull...wank as fuck.

Bo Bruce - Boo for the website making me think she's hot...she looks like Princess Diana after the crash...her eyes are huge. Has she been doing the same song too? Are you sure...as all her song arrangements on myspace sound EXACTLY THE FUCKING SAME!! LEARN TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT ON THE PIANO YOU SILLY BITCH!!! Yeah, not digging.

Tommy Reilly - His arrangements are nice...but his voice...it grates on me...for that reason, I doubt he's going anywhere and I'm surprised he's lasted this long. His arrangements are great though, and his voice could be toned down with good production. So...hmmm...I like him more than I hate him.

Tony Sebastian - I guess he's alright, but his music sounds as though it's pulled straight from a Boots/feminine hygiene advert...so is definately lacking in excitement or substance.

SleeperCell - Oh, how did I know they were a pop-punk band. But there's loads of better pop-punk bands I could name, unsigned, out there...oh, and the more I go on, the more their songs start to sound like Nickelback...outside of that first one on myspace, they're shit, actually.

So I'm backing Klaus.