The Inevitable January Transfer Market Topic

Crybaby Bunting

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have I misread something today? I'd been under the impression Blackburn had told City to pay £25m and they could have Santa Cruz, and City had declined.

I've not been paying too much attention today as SSN know how to be repetitive to the point of idioticy so was it just a straight up City offer £25m and Blackburn turn it down bid?

Thats what happened. And frankly I'm glad City said no to such an absurd price.

I wouldn't say it was absurd in today's market. If Bellamy is worth £14m then Santa Cruz is worth close to £25m.

It's frightening to think Man City could have spent £39m on those two, when together they're probably worth half that.

Edited by therockbox

Two years ago or so, Quaresma coming to the Premiership would be massive news. Now if he comes, I think most people know his true ability and no ones really too arsed if he comes or not, he's not nearly as good as he was once made out to be.

I think he's decent, but if anyone thinks that he's going to be a one man team or anything, they're pretty delusional.

I like him winning the Golden Bin award.

Also, apparently Pompey have pulled out of signing Dos Santos because he's 'not match fit'. Well duh, he's probably only played twice all year for Spurs. :shifty: That said, the story earlier said there were 2 clubs interested so something might yet happen.

Edited by Rear Admiral Ellis

I remember when we were desperate for him and they were turning down £6m +. Last I heard they were shopping him about for £5m or so, and we've covered that position now for less.

He'd have been a great addition and he wanted to come as well, but Coppell didn't want him to go so he stayed put. Has a good partnership with his brother at Reading though, and I can imagine they'd be coming right back up so I'm surprised he looks to be off again now though. Good player though.

1558: This just in from BBC Radio 5 Live's Mike Sewell: "Arsenal and Zenit have agreed a fee and I understand personal terms have also been agreed and Andrei Arshavin is having a medical this afternoon. But there is a but, as Zenit want half of his signing-on fee for signing for Arsenal. That is now the sticking point." Hmm. They've got (weather permitting) 62 minutes to sort it out.

Snore...snore...I'm bored. Sign or don't sign, I'm fed up with the greedy cunt...until the time he actually signs at which point I will love him.

Looks like Keane and Arshavin are pretty much done deals.

So.. Keane back to Spurs. Defoe to ______ for first team football then?

And I give Arshavin 2 weeks before he goes the route of Walcott, Rosicky, Eduardo, Van Persie, Diaby, everyone else and gets injured.

EDIT: And the Newcastle deal has my CM3 mentality to it. "He always scores against us... lets sign him!"

Edited by IAceI

It was the same on-off crap with Arshavin supposedly coming to us last summer. This seems like it might actually get done, though.

Liverpool have agreed a fee with Spurs for Keane, sounds like it's just a matter of time now. And Pompey turn down chance to sign Dos Santos from us because he's not match fit, apparently.