The Inevitable January Transfer Market Topic

Crybaby Bunting

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nolan's a great buy for Newcastle but I'm surprised he would leave Bolton after so long. I thought he would've been there for life, but I guess he needed a new challenge and all that jazz. And playing for Newcastle will certainly be nothing but a challenge.

Quick question, I'm assuming Keane can be transferred to another club since he never played for or was registered at Spurs at the start of this season? Otherwise that would be 3 clubs in 1 season. Same goes for Diouf and Bolton I presume.

What the hell? I've seen something on Sky Sports about Wigan spending £6m on N'Zogbia, surely he could have gone for around £4m or something, he's just publicly said he doesn't want to play for Newcastle any more and £6m was always going to be his regular fee.

Ah well, as long as this brings Ryan Taylor in the other direction then it's good.

How the hell can Newcastle get away with some brilliant pieces of business over the past few days? I mean seriously, they've sold Given and N'Zogbia for huge fees, and picked up Taylor and Nolan for virtually nothing

What the hell? I've seen something on Sky Sports about Wigan spending £6m on N'Zogbia, surely he could have gone for around £4m or something, he's just publicly said he doesn't want to play for Newcastle any more and £6m was always going to be his regular fee.

Ah well, as long as this brings Ryan Taylor in the other direction then it's good.

How the hell can Newcastle get away with some brilliant pieces of business over the past few days? I mean seriously, they've sold Given and N'Zogbia for huge fees, and picked up Taylor and Nolan for virtually nothing

I think Nolan is great, but they haven't done brilliant business at all. They've lost arguably the most important player to their team in Given. Without Given, they'd probably be fucking relegated over the last year, or certainly be much worst off for this season. And I always see Zogbia as a damn good player, much better than half the shit Newcastle field on a regular basis. Harper is a pretty good keeper, but I still think losing Given is going to be one heck of a blow to them.

I think Portsmouth are going to get relegated. To me it always looked like Redknapp made his players feel 10 feet tall, built them up and made them believe in themselves but from his first interview Tony Adams was like "We are Portsmouth FC, we are crap" blah blah.

Nolan's a great buy for Newcastle but I'm surprised he would leave Bolton after so long. I thought he would've been there for life, but I guess he needed a new challenge and all that jazz. And playing for Newcastle will certainly be nothing but a challenge.

Quick question, I'm assuming Keane can be transferred to another club since he never played for or was registered at Spurs at the start of this season? Otherwise that would be 3 clubs in 1 season. Same goes for Diouf and Bolton I presume.

Yeah you have to play for three clubs. But Keane to Spurs might not happen because he only left in the summer, but they got exceptions for Chimbonda and Defoe.