The Inevitable January Transfer Market Topic

Crybaby Bunting

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's easily one of the best players at Wigan, and one of the reasons they're doing so well in the league. I don't see Wigan selling him at all until someone offers a completely ridiculous amount of money or he hands in a transfer request.

Sure Saviola may be a good swap... but you've got the risk of a player on high wages who may not like it at Wigan or play well. That's far too big a risk when you already have a player better than Saviola (else why would Madrid want rid of him?)

Apparently AC Milan have considered the bid for Kaka for the first time. I understand Kaka wanting to stay at the club, but some say that if a club accept a bid for a player seen as their rock then the player can be swayed by this remarkable act of non-commitment.

The figure quoted is 120m euros, which according to Sky is around £107m... which is a lie to begin with, the pound and euro are pretty much dead on so it'd be something like £114m

I can't believe it, this might actually go ahead. It shouldn't go ahead, and it'll be horrible for football... but I can't believe this might just happen.

We are apparently close to the signature of Lee Hughes from Oldham, but seem to be relying on beating Cheltenham in the FA Cup to fund the move.

And if the Kaka deal goes through then it is very bad for football. I used to like Man City but over 100million for a football player? His wages are going to be ridiculous as well, does anyone have such a high weekly wage in the world!?

To be fair, the £100m figure will be virtually the same in Euros that the £70m-ish figure was when it was rumoured about half a year ago. So in that sense the price hasn't goen up - City's money is just worth less.

The £500k/wk is ridiculous by any measure, of course.

Edited by stokeriño

I think the 500k/pw is a bad move on City's part. Money might not be much of a deal to them any more, but whoever they sign now with big player status will look to get something near that amount pw too.

I'm not sure how long Robinho's contract is, but you can imagine he'd want to be earning almost as much as or equal to his Brazillian friend if he was going to re-sign.

The same goes for City wanting to hold on to people like Ireland and Richards. Chances are they won't ask for stupid money like that, but I would think they'll end up getting a higher wage because of what Kaka would be on.

Football is ruined, superb.

You mean it wasn't ruined by the fact that 4 teams having dominated the game in England hadn't ruined it before? :shifty:

But seriously...this much money for one player is fucking retarded. In two senses: 1) it'll massively inflate the transfer market and 2) City is never going to get another player for a normal price again. It's absurd.

I have a feeling that this deal will end tonight

Either he'll explicitly say Fuck off, or he'll accept it and it'll be a done deal. There'll be no middle ground pissing around for the rest of the transfer window, plus Milan'd probably have 3/4 targets that they have their eye on anyway ready to swoop on as soon as the money goes into the account. Players that City could have got for far cheaper than Kaka

Good, now there wont be non-stop nonsense about Chelsea buying leagues and shit, even if I don't like them. City can spend hundreds of millions on whoever they want, because there's just as high of a chance of this backfiring as there is succeeding. To be honest, I hope it works out over a period of time, even if it means shooting them into being near the main top four, a bit more competition.

I still don't think he'll go, but maybe that's just me. And to be quite honest, the door is almost there for Hughes. Good manager, but IMO not the type of guy for this job. I'll give him a chance, maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I really don't think he'll last a great deal of time now.

Also, I don't care how much money they offer. Why are people moaning about it? They've got the money, so why not? It's not harming you or your clubs if it backfires and it really cant make the market any worst than it already is.

Edited by Dirty Johnny 27

Football is ruined, superb.

You mean it wasn't ruined by the fact that 4 teams having dominated the game in England hadn't ruined it before? :shifty:

But seriously...this much money for one player is fucking retarded. In two senses: 1) it'll massively inflate the transfer market and 2) City is never going to get another player for a normal price again. It's absurd.

Seeing as I'm a Villa fan, it's clear it has fuck all to do with the top 4.

However, City have ruined football. 500k a week? Right, now players are gonna want & expect much more than ever before. The Premiership wages will jump up, as will wages at all levels. These wages can't be paid by clubs who aren't stupidly rich.