FIFA 09 (The 2nd Online PS3 Tournament)

Baddar

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ypu did score a couple of superb goals. And the celebrations afterwards? Something else....

Bwahah, I've got a terrible habit of just doing the same somersault every time. It's become automatic, I ought to learn something else. One of them though I must've got the sequence wrong and I just ended up running up the touchline lifting one arm and then the other in a sort of breast stroke manoeuvre.

Holy shit, I'm fucked now, seeing as I lost to TA. :(

Hopefully I'll nick second place though.

Don't count yourself out. My game with AJ was 1-0 at half time, then he scored 3 quickly after the break and my defenders just decided to give up. And our game was pretty even too. Don't count yourself out.

Ypu did score a couple of superb goals. And the celebrations afterwards? Something else....

Bwahah, I've got a terrible habit of just doing the same somersault every time. It's become automatic, I ought to learn something else. One of them though I must've got the sequence wrong and I just ended up running up the touchline lifting one arm and then the other in a sort of breast stroke manoeuvre.

I wondered why you ran half the length of the pitch for one celebration. Love the somersault though. How do you do that?

There's 2 variations. One is a cartwheel, followed by a back handspring and the other is a cartwheel followed by a backflip (my favourite). I can't remember which is which but they are:

Hold R1, spin the right analogue one full rotation right, then left and then when the animation starts hold X to ensure a proper landing, or you'll land on your arse and look a right twit. The other one is simply rotating the analogue in the opposite directions.

I like the samba too, but I forgot what the buttons were. I think it's R3 and one of the back buttons.

Just an FYI Phil bud. Not at home at the moment so we can't play about two as we planned. Will you be on at about 7-8 o'clock tonight? I'll definitely be on then.

This is of course if you haven't heard back from rvdwannabe.

Group A Result

Real Madrid (Baddar) 6-0 Aston Villa (KoA)

Robben 10'

Sneijder 25', 60'

Raul 29

Van Der Vaart 35'

Van Nistelrooy (Pen 77')

Anything you can do, I can do just as well, AJ. ¬_¬

I didn't expect that at all. I normally shit out in tournaments, and still could, but this result will help me along nicely. Relieved I've got the first game out of the way, and glad to have 3 points in the bag. :)

Edited by Badd-um-tsch

McMigsy (Liverpool) 0-3 TheRossWalker (Inter)

02/01/09

Match Highlights

'12 D. Stankovic

'36 Mancini

'45 Z. Ibrahimovic

'90 Gerrard S/O

MoTM: Mancini

A one-sided scoreline for what was a largely one-sided affair, as Inter dominated proceedings to record an impressive 3-0 victory at Anfield. Liverpool did improve greatly in the second half, Gerrard and Torres both missing chances to net a consolation goal, but by this point the damage had been done and Inter had settled for the result.

Ultimately, Liverpool's shaky start proved their undoing. Stankovic rose above his non-existant marker to head home a corner after barely 12 minutes and this was a sign of things to come. Mancini's goal after 36 minutes was perhaps a little fortunate, but not undeserved. Cambiasso was prevented a shot from a last ditch tackle from Agger, but the ball cruelly cannoned off his leg and into the path of Mancini who promptly squeezed home from a tight angle. And it was all over on the stroke of halftime, as Ibrahimovic clinicially pounced on a Mancini cross to crush any hopes of a comeback.

The second half was a much more even affair, but as aforementioned it was a case of too little, too late. Gerrard, clean through on goal skied his effort, only compounding his misery with regard to recent affairs. Torres also missed a golden chance to breathe life into the game. Frustration told as Gerrard assaulted an Inter player who was not in possession of the ball, but in fact 10 yards away from it. The referee had no hesitation in sending the England international packing. It was a shocking display of discipline from the Liverpool Captain, but with recent goings-on perhaps not surprising.

McMigsy declined to comment on his sides performance. TheRossWalker on the other hand was "delighted" with the efforts of his team, adding that he was "looking forwards to the rematch". [ ^_^ ]

Excellent. I'll have the current standings up later, along with the dates for Round 2.

EDIT: Fucking typical. I hate to do this, but I'm going to have to put this tournament on hold for (hopefully) a maximum of a week. My router was playing up this morning, and after fiddling with it I managed to post the above from the PS3, but was signed out soon after. Now, the PS3 won't even recognise the router when I scan for it or try to set up a new connection. What's even more annoying, is that I can't find the box/setup disk it came with, so it looks like I may have to order a new one. I'll try re-plugging everything in again later to see if it makes any difference, and have another look for the box that came with it. I'm 80% sure I haven't thrown it away.

So yeah, I can't get my PS3 online at the moment. If the router still isn't working later when I try it, I'll order a new one and I should get it by Tuesday or Wednesday. Ugh. It's just typical for it to happen AFTER working all week. I get two days off and it breaks. I'll keep everyone updated.

Edited by Badd-um-tsch

Well, that could've gone a lot better. <_<

Yeah, but I don't feel so crap right now... :)

Wanna compete for the wooden spoon?

Sounds like a plan. :shifty:

And that's unfortunate. Hopefully you'll get it working mate.

Edited by The King Of Awesomeness

I'm signed in.

I scanned again for an access point and the same thing came up as yesterday, with 100% signal strength. It seemed odd for me to have 100% strength on somebody elses router, so I looked at the side of the router and the number code matched what was on the screen, so I run through that. I put in my WEP key and it failed, but seeing as it's a new connection, I skipped the WEP key part and it all worked. So now I'm signed in, but have no security. I know how to fix that though, I just need to locate the box the router came in.

Now I'm going to test some games online to check they're all running as they should be.

Updated Standings

Round 1 - Group A Results

Real Madrid (Baddar) 6-0 Aston Villa (KoA)

Liverpool (McMigsy) 0-3 Inter (TRW)

Group A Table

Real Madrid 3pts +6 GD

Inter 3pts +3 GD

Liverpool 0pts -3 GD

Aston Villa 0pts -6 GD

------------------------------------

Round 1 - Group B Results

Chelsea (Bluebirds) 2-3 Man City (The Cool One)

Arsenal (TheArsenal) 0-6 Roma (AJ)

Group B Table

Roma 3pts +6 GD

Man City 3pts +1 GD

Chelsea 0pts -1 GD

Arsenal 0pts -6 GD

---------------------------------

Round 2 Fixtures

Group A

Aston Villa (KoA) vs. Inter (TRW)

Real Madrid (Baddar) vs. Liverpool (McMigsy)

Group B

Man City (The Cool One) vs. Roma (AJ)

Chelsea (Bluebirds) vs. Arsenal (TheArsenal)

-----------------------------------

Unless anyone missed it, my router is working again (although I don't know how long for) so we're good to get this round underway.

Everyone has from now until midnight on Wednesday night to get their game played. To confirm, Steven Gerrard is banned for this round for receiving a red card in the first game. You can have as many yellow cards as you like, but a red earns you a game ban. :)

Edited by Badd-um-tsch

FAO: TCO

I can be online late tonight, otherwise tomorrow afternoon before 6, or Tues/Weds afternoon between around 4-6. I'm a bit constricted as I'm back on nights tomorrow night. Hence being up late tonight, adjusting.