FIFA 09 (The 2nd Online PS3 Tournament)

Baddar

I could play tonight; but I really don't want too. I was up all night (pretty much) revising last night and I'm nackered. I'll probably be on for a few piss abouts with my mate but I really don't want to play a game with meaning.

Is tomorrow okay, McMigsy?

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could play tonight; but I really don't want too. I was up all night (pretty much) revising last night and I'm nackered. I'll probably be on for a few piss abouts with my mate but I really don't want to play a game with meaning.

Is tomorrow okay, McMigsy?

Tomorrow at 8 should be ok, yes. If I can't make that I will inform you tomorrow afternoon.

To be honest, I think the "draw and I'm through" thinking is hindering me more than anything. I'm trying to tell myself that I must win to qualify. If I sit back and allow you to unleash Ibrahimasaurus on to me, chances are I'll be fucked.

Not to mention Cruz. :/

Real Madrid (Baddar) 2-1 Inter (TRW)

Played my bollocks off in this one. I knew a draw would be enough, but while the game was deadlocked (at 0-0 and 1-1) I always felt he could go up the other end and snatch a winner and hand the other Semi Final place to TMS.

Raul gave me the lead on 15mins but Ibrahimovic equalised on 37 when he was played in behind my defence. Cannavaro did his best to get goal side, but this is Ibrahimovic we're talking about. Ruud settled what would've been Half Time nerves just three minutes later, putting me in front on 40mins.

The second half didn't see many chances. I tried my best to stop him playing, and once it got to the 80th minute, I just kept the ball as much as possible. The plan was to play it into the corners if I was in a position to go through on the 85th minute. I tried doing that, but he kept getting there before me.

Now I can sit back, relax, and await my Semi Final opponents. I'm already preparing for Chelsea, though.

Updated Standings

Round 6 - Group A Results

Aston Villa (KoA) 0-8 Liverpool (McMigsy)

Real Madrid (Baddar) 2-1 Inter (TRW)

Final Group A Table

Inter (Q) 15pts +14GD

Real Madrid (Q) 12pts +12GD

Liverpool 9pts +14GD

Aston Villa 0pts -40GD

----

The Group B stuff will be put up when the games get played.

Edited by Badd-ugh

Any news from the other Group B guys when we're gonna get the games played?

If Bluebirds is available from 7pm every evening (and 11pm isn't too late) then we're good to go. Just need to know what TA and TCO want to do.

Tonight's good with me. If not (and taking TA's availability into account) then it looks like it'll be Thursday or Sunday as I'm working Saturday and will most likely be out for a pint after to celebrate the end of a bloody long 72 hour week.