FIFA 09 (The 2nd Online PS3 Tournament)

Baddar

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool (McMigsy) 0-1 Real Madrid (Baddar)

In the biggest game of FIFA I've played in my life, I somehow managed to win this one. To give people some idea of how close this actually was, there were two shots in the entire game. One from Riera out wide which forced a save from Casillas, the other was a Van Nistelrooy header, which JUST crept in off the post.

I think I edged the possession stat, but that means nothing when you're not creating chances. I honestly believe neither of us could've really done much else to create chances though. We bigged it up as the biggest game of the tournament so far, and even though it produced just two shots on goal, I still think it was the game of the tournament. Games don't need to be 4-3 thrillers to be exciting. This was tense, but exciting at the same time.

My job is only half done. I know I need to get something off TRW in the last game to go through, which needless to say won't be easy. I have given myself the chance I wanted all along though; Having it in my own hands going into the last game.

McMigsy is so hard to break down, and he's a huge threat to anyone in this tournament and any other we hold in the future.

Good game. I know we'll have many more in the future.

In truth, the big game of the tournament never lived up to expectation. Both sides were locked together, each only having 1 attempt on goal. But it was Real Madrid who profited from their attempt, Ruud Van Nistlerooy climbing above his marker to head home, clunking the post on it's way in.

It was a nothing game really, and has left me feeling empty rather than distraught. I am still in with a shot of qualifying, but I will need TRW to do me a big favour. I'm not really too fussed, although I thought I would be. I am treating this tournament as a learning experience, and feel as though my game is slowly getting better over time. My original aim was just to not get destroyed, and I have met that and then some. If Baddar progresses, I shall give him my full support, along with passing over any information I know about potential opponents.

I can only say that I am glad that it was a fair goal, and no AI mess-ups or ridiculous circumstances were involved. It was a fairly contested match, and we can both come out with our heads held high and a certain sense that we shared something momentous. :lol:

Updated Standings

Round 5 - Group A Results

Inter (TRW) 9-1 Aston Villa (KoA)

Liverpool (McMigsy) 0-1 Real Madrid (Baddar)

Group A Table

Inter (Q, Group Winner) 15pts +15GD

Real Madrid 9pts +11GD

Liverpool 6pts +6GD

Aston Villa (E) 0pts -32GD

-------------------------

Round 5 - Group B Results

Roma (AJ) 0-0 Man City (TheCoolOne)

Arsenal (TheArsenal) 1-5 Chelsea (Bluebirds)

Group B Table

Chelsea 10pts +9GD

Man City 8pts +1GD

Roma 7pts +3GD

Arsenal (E) 3pts -13GD

-----------------------

Round 6 Fixtures;

Group A

Aston Villa (KoA) vs. Liverpool (McMigsy)

Real Madrid (Baddar) vs. Inter (TRW)

Group B

Man City (TheCoolOne) vs. Arsenal (TheArsenal)

Chelsea (Bluebirds) vs. Roma (AJ)

I don't mind whether these games aren't played until some point next weekend. All I'm after is for the games in each group to be played simultaneously. If we managed to get all four done at the same time, great, but all that matters is that the Group A games are played together and the Group B games are played together.

We need to discuss what times would be best to suit yourself and the other 3 people in your group.

I can get my game played tomorrow evening at say 8pm, but if it's not tomorrow then I'd prefer to wait until sometime during next weekend, like Saturday/Sunday night, due to me working during the week and it being hard to concentrate/play to my ability when I play then. Again, if TMS/TRW/KoA would let me know what times and days suit them, great. If it has to be something like Wednesday evening, so be it, but I'm just stating what I prefer. (Y)

Edited by Badd-ugh

Nope, because if someone goes onto the EA Servers and constantly checks a person's profile, they'll know if their game has been played or not, even if they let on to everyone else that they know.

It surely can't be hard to organise two games being played at once. As said, there's no real time-frame on this, I'm just looking for the final group games to be played at the same time.

I reckon Bluebirds would be fine for 8pm tomorrow too, so if AJ is (he MAY be on nights, in which case he wouldn't) that leaves TCO and TA.

TRW and I are good to go at 8pm tomorrow. As long as TMS is ok to do the same, his game with KoA should be good to go at 8pm too. With a bit of luck, that's Group A sorted.

Read up; I said I can't play tomorrow. :P

Yeah, but you're not so much of a dick if you say nothing. You still end up safe in the knowledge about knowing the other person's result. And besides, if people are going to be coming on to reveal results of games at the same time and discussing their match, surely there'd be time for the two games to be played at that point.

It'll work out easier than it seems, don't worry. I want to do the same for the 2nd Legs in the Semi's, btw.

It's no big deal if Group A gets finished off tomorrow night, and Group B follows on Thursday/Friday/Saturday.

EDIT: And KoA, you said you'd be ok tomorrow from 6pm onwards. :S

EDIT2: Besides tomorrow. I didn't read it properly. Fucking hell. Oh well. Sometime later in the week it is then.

Edited by Badd-ugh

I can do tuesday onwards. It's just tomorrow I've got an exam at school and then I've got this interview about some wiriting/journalism/filming course I want to do. So yeah, no Fifa for me tomorrow I think. :(

Unfortunately I'm going to be a doubly annoying pain in the ass this week. I'm working 7.30am-6pm and then from 6.30pm-10.30(ish)pm.

So any evening at around 11pm would be okay, but I'd be fooking wrecked by then. Weekend would be better but I don't mind an 11pm game if everybody wants to get it done sooner than next weekend.