FIFA 09 (The 2nd Online PS3 Tournament)

Baddar

The dates for Round 5 are as follows;

Thursday 15th January to midnight on Monday 19th January.

Also, I'm looking for the games in Round 6 to be played simultaneously. All four at the same time would be great, but if it's just the two games from each group at specific times, that's fine too.

And I'll be putting up what I said I would this morning soon.

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EWB's Online FIFA 09 Tournament - So Far

Group A

Aston Villa 0pts (KoA)

Won: 0

Drawn: 0

Lost: 4

Goals Scored: 0

Goals Conceded: 24

Chances of qualification;

None. But Villa still have a big part to play in the final two rounds of Group A. If they take a point off either Inter or Liverpool, it could see one of them eliminated from the competition.

Baddar's Prediction;

Can only finish bottom of the group barring a mathematical miracle. As said though, KoA could well be the spanner in the works for either TRW or McMigsy.

------------

Inter 12pts (TRW)

Won: 4

Lost: 0

Goals Scored: 7

Goals Conceded: 0

Inter are in the best position of any team in the tournament. Taking maximum points from the four games, they need just one more point to be certain of qualification to the Semi Finals as group winners. Their final two games are against Aston Villa and Real Madrid.

Baddar's Prediction;

Semi Final stage defeat. Bold prediction, I know, considering the run he's on.

-------------

Liverpool 6pts (McMigsy)

Won: 2

Lost: 2

Goals Scored: 12

Goals Conceded: 5

Ultimately, they rest on the game against Real Madrid in Round 5. Victory will mean they'd need just a point in the last game against Aston Villa to qualify. A draw in Round 5 wouldn't be a disaster either, however. Despite being 3 goals short of Real Madrid's tally, the fact Liverpool scored 10 (ten) against Aston Villa earlier in the tournament may suggest there's more chance of Liverpool advancing if it went down to Goal Difference.

Baddar's Prediction;

If McMigsy manages to edge me out for qualification, I fancy him to have a good crack at making the final. I don't think he'll win it though.

---------------------

Real Madrid 6pts (Baddar)

Goals Scored: 14

Goals Conceded: 4

Again, it all comes down to the Super Sunday clash against Liverpool in Round 5. The winner of that match gives themselves the best chance of qualifying after Round 6. It's must win for Real Madrid though, as a draw would mean they'd need Villa to get something against Liverpool in the final round, which, with all due respect, isn't likely to happen. If Real manage to beat Liverpool though, a draw against runaway leaders Inter in the final round of games would be enough to see them qualify for the Semi Finals in second place.

Baddar's Prediction;

I don't like my chances. If I can somehow get through to the Semi's, who knows. As it stands, I need to beat McMigsy and draw with TRW, two players I've already lost against, to go through.

---

Group B to follow.

Edited by Badd-um-tsch

EWB's Online FIFA 09 Tournament - So Far

Group B

Arsenal 3pts (TheArsenal)

Won: 1

Lost: 3

Goals Scored: 1

Goals Conceded: 10

They need to win their last two games against Chelsea and Man City. Doing so would give themselves a good shot at qualification, but their poor goal difference could come back to haunt them.

Baddar's Prediction;

I fancy TA to pick up another win, which may spoil chances of qualifying for someone else. Winning both games and qualifying himself is a tall order.

-----------

Chelsea 7pts (Bluebirds)

Drawn: 1

Lost: 1

Goals Scored: 9

A win over TA in Round 5 would guarantee qualification. Anything less would see it go down to the last game against AJ, whose game against TCO in this round could go some way to determine who qualifies and who does not.

Baddar's Prediction;

I think he'll beat TA and go on to the Semi's. Nerves will no doubt play a part, but I see no reason why he can't make the final and win it. I've played everyone (apart from TA, I think) in this tournament at least once before, and I'd say Bluebirds is the favourite to take the title.

------------

Man City 7pts (TheCoolOne)

Drawn: 1

Lost: 1

Goals Scored: 5

Like Chelsea, Man City can qualify with a victory in Round 5. It would then go down to Round 6 to decide a group winner. Defeat against Roma in Round 5 however would mean Man City would have to beat Arsenal in Round 6, and hope the other result goes in their favour.

Baddar's Prediction;

I fancy TCO to make the final. He's got inferior goal difference, but is extremely difficult to break down when playing against him.

------------

Roma 6pts (AJ)

Goals Scored: 7

A win in Round 5 would put Roma on the brink, but they'd still need a win in Round 6 over Chelsea to be sure of qualification. Their goal difference is better than Man City's though, so if the above did happen, a draw in the final game may be sufficient.

Baddar's Prediction;

AJ definitely has what it takes to go through, but the one point difference between him and the others could prove vital. Being put on the spot, I'd say he'll finish close behind TCO or Bluebirds in 3rd place, but victory over TCO in the upcoming round would change all of that. Both games in the group this round are intriguing, and could make or break the tournament for a couple of people.

---

Summary;

It's all very exciting, isn't it!

Round 5 could turn out to be even more important than Round 6. Not one person has qualified for the Semi Finals just yet, but by the end of this Round, two or three of the four places might just be confirmed.

Feel free to post your own predictions on how you think the tournament will turn out. I've done this just for fun, because with this Round coming up, it's almost impossible to say what's going to happen.

McMigsy and I have agreed to play our game at 8pm on Sunday. If TCO and AJ could join us in what would be a Super Sunday (>_>) that'd be great.

Edited by Badd-um-tsch

Here's how I see it panning out:

Semi-Finals:

McMigsy (I have to back myself to win on Sunday, but it's a real 50:50 game on Sunday. Group A runner-up) vs Bluebirds (Extremely impressive in the group stages, an established player. Group B winner)

TheRossWalker (Stout defence, clinical finishing will serve TRW well. Group A winner) vs TheCoolOne (Will be edged out of Group A victory by goal difference. Group A runner-up)

Scorelines over 2 legs:

McMigsy 2-4 Bluebirds

TheRossWalker 1-3 TheCoolOne

An all Group B final then, and it would certainly be a very even contest. However, I would have to favour Chelsea having dominated the last fixture but been unfortunate to come out with a draw. I see Bluebirds winning 3-1, providing he can overcome nerves/tension and avoid making mistakes.

Edited by McMigsy

Ahem.

Undefeated aginst Bluebrids, right here.

That you are. Although, the tough Semi against TRW could go against you when you come to play the final. :shifty:

Either way, I wouldn't argue (well, I pretty much said it myself in the above posts earlier) with TCO-Bluebirds being the final.

That's an all Group B final.

And I've said since the first time I played him, Bluebirds can win this whole thing.

Yes, oops. I've just got Group A on my mind right now :crying:

Ahem.

Undefeated aginst Bluebrids, right here.

Indeed you are. But the way I see it, Bluebirds is coming into his peak at just the right time. Pre-tournament, I had you marked down as the favourite, but Bluebirds has come surging through the pack with some impressive performances. It's a bit of a Clinton-Obama situation

Edited by McMigsy