FIFA 09 (The 2nd Online PS3 Tournament)

Baddar

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little bit late, but to add the the Villa debate, Milner and Reo-Coker are no slugs either. In fact their pace is the reason I picked Villa in the original league we had.

TheArsenal: I'm free from now until about 6pm, then 4-6pm the rest of the week. If that's no good I'll see what I can do but I'm a little stuck as I'm on nightshift.

I wasn't around today. Should be around tomorrow between then, but if I'm not then I should be on Wednesday from 4:30/5 and Thursday I should be on.

AS Roma 1 - 0 Arsenal

(AJ) - (TheArsenal)

13/01/09 @ The Stadio Olympico

F. Totti (ROM) '45

Match Report

Not a lot to write about here. Lag seriously restricted both sides styles. Before the goal, the only significant chance was for Arsenal when a ball slid was slid into the Roma penalty area and the striker cut across the back four to hammer a shot at Doni who parried wide. In first half stoppage time Totti recieved the ball in the box and from an awkward angle fired past Almunia and in off the post.

The second half was more of the same. Very closely contested as Arsenal attempted to utilise Walcott's pace on the right and similarly Roma with Pizarro on their right who won man of the match for his efforts.

MOTM: Pizarro

Link to EAFootballWorld page for proof

I think I was more disappointed with this result than I was with the 6-0 at the Emirates, becuse I genuinely feel this game could have gone the other way. I really was much more in this game and other than a period during the second half where AJ was pretty dominant, I feel there was nothing between us. Just a shame my first two games were so poor as this wouldn't have mattered quite as much as it does. I need 2 wins from my last 2 games now for any chance of going through (and thats with results going my way in the other games).

Great match AJ, really enjoyed that one. (Y)

That should put TA out if the running really. Hopefully I can nick a win in my game to top the group.

Bluebirds, you about?

It probably does. The only chance I might have is if I win twice, and AJ loses his remaining games - but then that might still put second place beyond me. Oh well, I'll be better next season...

Man City 1 - 1 Chelsea

Benjani 51 - Ballack 37

Chelsea dominated the game really and I'll gladly take the solitary point. It was only a matter of time before they broke the Man City defence down. A parried Drogba shot, fell straight to Ballack who gladly took is chance. It was more Chelsea domination from there on in, Man City's only clear-cut chance fell to Benjani who calmly slotted home from 8 yards out. Man City manged to hang on under heavy pressure to secure a point.

And hey, it worked.

Inter (TRW) 1-0 Liverpool (McMigsy)

Quaresma (72)

I didn't deserve this one.

I said it to McMigsy right after the game, and I'm saying it again, I didn't deserve to win. He fucking hammered me all game, he just couldn't catch a break. I caught one, Ibra playing Quaresma through late in the second half, when I'd resigned myself to draw or defeat. Neither the stats or scoreline did him any justice.

My strategy of energy drinks, defending like hell and hoping for the best worked. That said, it was a fucking close call, and I won't be trying it again.

Updated Standings

Round 4 - Group A Results

Aston Villa (KoA) 0-7 Real Madrid (Baddar)

Inter (TRW) 1-0 Liverpool (McMigsy)

Group A Table

Inter 12pts +7GD

Real Madrid 6pts +10GD

Liverpool 6pts +7GD

Aston Villa 0pts -24GD

---------------------------

Round 4 - Group B Results

Man City (TheCoolOne) 1-1 Chelsea (Bluebirds)

Roma (AJ) 1-0 Arsenal (TheArsenal)

Group B Table

Chelsea 7pts +5GD

Man City 7pts +1GD

Roma 6pts +3GD

Arsenal 3pts -9GD

---------------------------

Round 5 Fixtures

Group A

Inter (TRW) v Aston Villa (KoA)

Liverpool (McMigsy) v Real Madrid (Baddar)

Group B

Roma (AJ) v Man City (The Cool One)

Arsenal (TheArsenal) v Chelsea (Bluebirds)

Edited by Bluebirds

I don't feel I deserved the victory. I pressured and dominate possession (at least I think so), but I made nothing of it.

TRW defended stoutly, in fact superbly. If he can fit in some time to keep himself ticking over, I see him being a big threat for this tournament, especially with his clinical victory.

I feel utterly deflated, but I have to pick myself up with the prospect of Super Sunday. I will be taking questions from the (fictional) tabloids/media in time. For now though, I need to consult with my loved ones with regard to my next move.

Btw, after this set of games, along with the updated tables I'll have what's required of everyone for qualification. And maybe a little something else. ¬_¬

Cake? :w00t:

Not feeling too confident with my remaining two games being against opposition I've already lost to. Even winning one of the two can't guarantee qualification. Heck, depending on goal difference even a win and a draw might not put me through. I have to hope I can get two results and rely on TheArsenal to do me two favours, which is ironic considering he's wanting me to mess up for him <_<

Btw, after this set of games, along with the updated tables I'll have what's required of everyone for qualification. And maybe a little something else. ¬_¬

Cake? :w00t:

Not feeling too confident with my remaining two games being against opposition I've already lost to. Even winning one of the two can't guarantee qualification. Heck, depending on goal difference even a win and a draw might not put me through. I have to hope I can get two results and rely on TheArsenal to do me two favours, which is ironic considering he's wanting me to mess up for him <_<

We'll hug when it's all over. :)