FIFA 09 (The 2nd Online PS3 Tournament)

Baddar

(McMigsy) Liverpool 10-0 Aston Villa (KoA)

Match Highlights

'14 Gerrard

'33 Keane

'38 Keane

'41 Keane

'53 Riera

'73 Keane

'75 Torres

'81 Keane

'87 Torres

'90 Torres

Match Report

It was a bloody affair at Anfield. It would be impossible to describe each of the goals, but it is worth noting that many were defensive lapses, scrappy giveaway goals. No surprise when the scoreline 10-0 is involved.

But it was the Villain's who threatened first, a Carew snapshot just going over. And lest we forget, Villa did have their chances to snatch goals, but poor finishing was the order of their day, Agbonlahor the main Villain in the piece.

Liverpool manager McMigsy stated after the game that his side had "laid down a marker", calling out fellow group rivals Inter Milan and Real Madrid stating that his side are "not afraid of anyone". KoA declined to comment, although cunning reporters managed to listen in on the rollocking he gave his players. Pre-game, the message from KoA was that "we're better than the scousers", at half-time KoA could be heard screaming "We're 4-0 down to the ******* scousers!"

At one stage, it appeared that Nando, on return from injury was lacking in the finishing department. However, 3 late goals proved that this was not the case and sent out a message to opposition defences across the world, that he is back in business.

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Villa are one of the paciest, if not the paciest non-super team. Agbonlahor and Young are unstoppable sometimes.

Besides Young and Agbonlahor, and maybe on or two maximum others, they seem really, really slow to me. Nonetheless it was a shocking performance by me.

I was young and naive in our first game, having only acquired the game for Christmas.

But this time, I'll be ready ^_^. It's going to be a cracker :lol:

I'd only acquired it for Christmas too. :angry:

Except I haven't played at all this week, barring the two tournament matches. Fucking exams. <_<

There could be an argument that Villa are the paciest team in the Group. Yes, Ibra and Torres are unstoppable, and so is Robben to some extent, but as mentioned, Young and Aggy are scary quick.

I'll have updated tables/dates for Round 4 up tomorrow. I'm too tired to put them up tonight. If someone's bored though, they can put up the tables if they like. >_>

Updated Standings

Round 3 - Group A Results

Inter (TRW) 2-0 Real Madrid (Baddar)

Liverpool (McMigsy) 10-0 Aston Villa (KoA)

Group A Table

Inter 9pts +6GD

Liverpool 6pts +8GD

Real Madrid 3pts +3GD

Aston Villa 0pts -17GD

---------------------------

Round 3 - Group B Results

Roma (AJ) 0-3 Chelsea (Bluebirds)

Arsenal (TheArsenal) 1-0 Man City (TheCoolOne)

Group B Table

Chelsea 6pts +5GD

Man City 6pts +1GD

Roma 3pts +2GD

Arsenal 3pts -8GD

---------------------------

Round 4 Fixtures

Group A

Aston Villa (KoA) vs. Real Madrid (Baddar)

Inter (TRW) vs. Liverpool (McMigsy)

Group B

Man City (TheCoolOne) vs. Chelsea (Bluebirds)

Roma (AJ) vs. Arsenal (TheArsenal)

-----------------------------------

Gonna give everyone a bit longer to play these games, but as usual, if they're played before the deadline, the next round of games is likely to be put up. You have until midnight on Thursday night to get your game played.

KoA, the only day I can play to avoid you "playing online at night" is today. I'm working the rest of the week, so would only really be able to play at 6pm or later. PM me, let me know in here or MSN to say what's best for you.

Little bit late, but to add the the Villa debate, Milner and Reo-Coker are no slugs either. In fact their pace is the reason I picked Villa in the original league we had.

TheArsenal: I'm free from now until about 6pm, then 4-6pm the rest of the week. If that's no good I'll see what I can do but I'm a little stuck as I'm on nightshift.

Well it's obviously just me, as Phil just thrashed me 7-0 <_<

I had a few breaks though and I hit the post once...At least it wasn't as bad as last time. I had a glitch which lead to his first goal, too, all his players where invisible! It just looked like a ball moving around by itself.

Aston Villa (KoA) 0-7 Real Madrid (Baddar)

Robben 2, Sneijder 36, 49, 65, Saviola 57, 90, Van Nistelrooy 67

--------------

I think I was a bit fortunate to score the first goal, as it seemed KoA couldn't see any of my players (hadn't loaded onto the screen, as I found out at FT). Sneijder doubled the lead on 36 minutes, and it was a goal I really needed. He created quite a bit, and just before half time was through one-on-one, but his shot hit the post.

If it had got to HT at 2-1, he would've had a big chance because knowing me, I would've shit out and let him back into it. The goals flowed though after the break, and although the 7-0 won't do much for KoA's goal difference, it'll certainly help mine.

There was a stage at 6-0 when he had Agbonlahor (I believe) in behind, and Pepe, who was booked at the time, put in a standing challenge and gave away a free kick. No sending off, and rightly so. ¬_¬

Over to TRW and McMigsy to kick the shit out of one another. To be honest though, the more I focus on winning my games, the better. I've been too worried about what the others are doing in my group.