FIFA 09 (The 2nd Online PS3 Tournament)

Baddar

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that own goal of mine was obscene. I would have been proud of a header like that if it were in the other end, that's how bad it was. I thought seeing as how I was heading toward the goal, it made more sense to try and head it out for a corner rather than try and head it backwards where it would just have probably dropped at Drogba's feet. I was doomed either way. >_<

The last two games I've been on edge and lost. I'll have to have a brandy before my next one <_<

FINALLY!!

ARSENAL 1 - 0 Man City

van Persie (64' pen.)

MOTM - Rosicky

A very even game, and a great game to play. Both teams had chances in the first half, but from my point of view, Arsenal definately should have scored late in the first half from a van Persie chance inside the area. This is matched by City early in the second half when Robinho forced Almunia to parry and City should have opened the scoring from the rebound.

The goal came from City's frustration. A foul on Walcott gave away a free kick 40 yards from goal. The ball was passed forward to Rosicky, who slotted the ball into the area to van Persie. van Persie shot and forced the save from the City keeper, leaving Eduardo free to score at the back post. But before he could put it in, the referee blew for the penalty for a foul on van Persie, who took the penalty himself - placing the ball down the middle of the goal. From this point on Arsenal started to play a bit more comfortably, but City were never out of this game, and really threw everything forward towards the end - but Arsenal had done enough for the win.

I really enjoyed playing the game. Not just because I won, but the two games I've played against TCO have been pretty even and it actually feels like a contest that could go either way - that both people are in the whole time. I think even if I had lost I still would have enjoyed this game the most.

The game I played against Bluebirds was definately the hardest game I've played - probably against anyone. He really had me beaten from the start. I thought Bluebirds would run away with our group after playing. I knew by the time I was 5 or 10 minutes into that game that he had me beat. He was faster, stronger, and just all over me. I still think he must win our group, if not the whole thing.

The game with AJ was pretty close in terms of play, but every shot he took just hit the back of the net. Hopefully against AJ next time I can play better and get a draw, or at least lose by less than three. <_<

I don't know how you were hammered by Bluebirds and AJ. We've had two very even games now and I felt I was easily better than the other two in our games. That penaly was cheap though, the free kick leading up to it was the cleanest tackle of the game and the ball had already gone wide before I made contact before the penalty was given.

The group is wide open now though. A win over blue brids next should be enough though, so I'm hoping to win that one.

As I've said, I don't know how AJ hammered me so badly, but I felt Bluebirds was WAAAAY better. Hopefully I can turn things round though.

I was surprised by the free kick for the foul on Walcott. I feel there were worse tackle by both teams that weren't called. And the penalty, I had a player right by the back post about to score so I was hoping they would let me play on because normally I put the ball wherever the keeper decides to go. Just lucky I suppose.

Gotta say I love playing you though. It's always a really great, competitive game.

Pffft, all this chat about Group B is irritating. I thought it was common knowledge that the players of Group A are simply a cut above.

(N)

We are the Premier League of the competition. Always exciting, anything can happen, and results that make you go :o (see AJ, above).

Group A is the Serie A of the competition. Same old, same old.

Pffft, all this chat about Group B is irritating. I thought it was common knowledge that the players of Group A are simply a cut above.

This.

Especially since Group A is home to the only undefeated player in the competition.

Also the only player not to concede a goal so far in the competition.

Also... wait, yeah, the rest of Group A are shit. :shifty:

Now that I've said that, I'm probably gonna get fucked over in the return games. <_<

Just waiting for McMigsy to finish a game he's playing then we'll be playing our game. :)

Or, rather, :(.

EDIT: Yep, :( it is.

10-0...That's the last time I play online at night. Diabolical. I had my fair share of chances too but just couldn't get a goal...Fucking hell.

Edited by The King Of Awesomeness