Baddar

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inter (TRW) 2-0 Real Madrid (Baddar)

Cruz (65, 81)

...holy fuck.

I honestly didn't think I was going to come away with the win here. I was nervous, for two reasons. One, I hadn't played since KOA. Two, Baddar's beaten me before. I kicked off, and straight away, Ibrahimovic was through, one on one, but hit the post. For the rest of the half, it was all Madrid, and I thought "Fuck, I've blown it here." Towards the end of the half, Sulley Muntari went down injured. He was alright to continue, but he was just about fucked. Despite not wanting to, since I run a lot of play through him, I had to take him off at half time. So, I relegated Mancini to midfield, and brought on Julio Cruz.

Second half, Baddar came out strong again, and I came under about fifteen minutes of constant pressure. Somehow, I managed to get it out, and Quaresma put a lovely ball in for Cruz. The header was saved, but he got it in on the rebound. Baddar came back out fighting, but on the 79th minute, Mancini hit a superb shot, destined for the top corner, which was just tipped out for a corner. Ibrahimovic got there first, but it was saved, Cruz once again coming up with the rebound. Supersub or what?

Last ten minutes, I was nervous as hell, since I've blown leads like this before, but I managed to hold on and take the win.

Looking at the stats afterwards, I was shocked to find that I had 9 shots on goal (6 on target) and Baddar only managed 3 (1 on) despite the way play went. I don't think the scoreline does him any justice, but hey, I'm not complaining.

Shitting myself for the rematch, I can tell he's gonna come back and kill me. :shifty:

Unless I can stop my seemingly uncontrollable nervousness whenever I come up against someone in a game that means something, I won't.

Well played though. This puts you all but through to the Semi's. Whatever happens in the other game taking place in the group this round, I know I need to win games 4 and 5 to give myself a chance of qualification.

Unless I can stop my seemingly uncontrollable nervousness whenever I come up against someone in a game that means something, I won't.

Well played though. This puts you all but through to the Semi's. Whatever happens in the other game taking place in the group this round, I know I need to win games 4 and 5 to give myself a chance of qualification.

I always get really nervous whenever I play people in a game i think means something. Unfortunately, once I start doing badly everything just seems to fall apart. Realistically, I probably need to win all my remaining games to get through. Can't see it happening though. :(

FAO Bluebirds: I'm on my last nightshift for the week tonight. Will be up from dinner time today (Friday) and available just about any time til Sunday afternoon. Late on a night is best for me but I don't mind.

Think I might actually still need to add you to my friends list.

KoA, whenever mate. If you catch me on the PSN just give me a buzz. If you prefer to arrange one then, say Sunday at 8? But I'm free most of the time...

If you're on and I'm on I'll give you a shout. But if not that, then sunday at 8 is great. :)

What's your PSN?

KoA, whenever mate. If you catch me on the PSN just give me a buzz. If you prefer to arrange one then, say Sunday at 8? But I'm free most of the time...

If you're on and I'm on I'll give you a shout. But if not that, then sunday at 8 is great. :)

What's your PSN?

It's McMigsy.

EDIT - Meh.

Edited by Bluebirds

AS Roma 0 - 3 Chelsea

(AJ) - (Bluebirds)

10/01/09 @ The Stadio Olympico

P. Mexes (CHE - OG) '12

F. Lampard (CHE) '47

D. Drogba (CHE) '68

Match Report

Roma were unable to take advantage of their first home game in the tournament at the Stadio Olympico. Their nerves visibly shot very early on as a Chelsea cross came into the box and Mexes who had Drogba well beaten in the air headed ridiculously into his own net past a stunned Doni. The early advantage made the game comfortable for Chelsea and from then on Roma were on the defensive, only able to attack on the counter. No other major incidents in the first half other than a yellow card just before half time for Frank Lampard for a late tackle in midfield.

Any hopes of a second half comeback were dashed just two minutes after the restart with a superb ball played to Lampard on the edge of the box who turned the defender with ease and released a blistering shot from just inside the penalty area. A number of times Drogba found himself through on goal but his shots either found the advancing keeper's gloves or the post on one occasion. Finally he was able to drive a shot under the keeper on the '68 minute. AS Roma, who's only concern now is damage control, found a way into the Chelsea box late on and the manager certainly thought there could have been a penalty when the ball dropped at Perotta's feet and he was knocked off balance by the central Chelsea defender. The ball skidded away safely into Cech's grasp.

Roma's attack force had an extremely poor outing. Every attempt Totti made to unleash one of his thunderbolts he was closed down very quickly and blocked. Vucinic on the other hand may as well not even been on the pitch. His contribution was small if non-existant. Despite the first goal being a complete gift, Chelsea proved they were worth the victory. 7 shots on target in comparison to Roma's 1 and two very well executed goals.

MOTM: Bosingwa

Link to EAFootballWorld page for proof