The 2008-09 FA Cup Thread

Matt

Aye, Gibson played much better yesterday than he has in any other game in a United shirt. I had seen him play a couple of times before in the reserves and thought he was decent, but after seeing him in the first team, I just didn't think he'd be United quality. I reckon Giggs should've had MOTM over Gibson yesterday, but I won't complain that he got it. Hopefully that'll give him the confidence to do well in future games.

It was only Derby though, and the PL will be entirely different, so let's see if he can turn it on in a PL game first.

As for Welbeck, he just seems great. Everything that David Bellion (remember him, lol) wasn't. He's pretty quick, good on the ball, and knows how to hold it up. And he's scored a couple of fantastic goals for United this season after coming off the bench. It's no wonder this Tevez deal isn't a certainty yet, with Rooney, Berbatov, Ronaldo, Giggs, Welbeck and Campbell all able to play in forward roles. Don't get me wrong, I want us to keep Tevez, but I'm not going to scream "disaster" if we don't. I learned from doing that when we let Ruud go. We didn't win the title the last two seasons he was with us (Mourinho's wins, I believe), he goes and we win the next two, without properly replacing him for the first.

Swansea/Fulham next round. Pleased with that. I don't mind which it is, I just hope that Fergie puts out a similar or stronger side in the next round, rather than completely weakening things up. I wouldn't be against Rafael at RB, Fabio at LB though, which might've happened yesterday if Evra didn't need some football.

EDIT: And, The Future, you don't need to limit the threads in which you laugh at Man City. I just thought the FA Cup one was a stupid choice (and a mistake on your part) considering they'd lost a PL game.

Edited by Baddar-bing!

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you could have a bet on who we'd get, I'd have put money on Man United (well, after we beat Swansea >_>). Basically, teams play in the league and very often seem to play in the cup as well, and we have both of our Man United games coming up soon, so it was sods law.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Mr. Hiddink,

Please try and be winning by at least 3-0 by the end of the first half. I have a driving lesson appointment at 1:30pm and will miss the second half.

If the game is still tight after 45 minutes and I return an hour later to find that we have drawn or lost, I will not be best pleased.

Worse still, if we go into half time behind then there's always the possibility I may crash into something and will have to forward you the insurance bill.

I know that goal margins of two or more are an alien concept to Chelsea but please try.

Yours sincerely,

Tim Stoker

Yes, I'm talking to myself. Watch me not care. :P

...I've only just looked at my driving lesson appointments card again and realised that my 1:30pm lesson is dated 14/3...i.e. next week. Today's lesson is at 3:30.

I'm such a muppet. >_< But at least I can watch the whole match!

Argh, didn't realise this match was on TV. Fuck STV for thinking that Scottish people are more interested in repeats of Dancing on Ice than FA Cup football. And later on a repeat of Inspector Morse instead of the Man United/Fulham game!

You aren't in the Chelsea squad. We have to work with what we've got. :shifty:

Although apparently John Terry is grooming himself to play on the left wing with the way he's playing in this game.

Edited by stokeriño