Star Wars: The Old Republic

Guest strongarm85

Fair point, but most MMOs that are subscription based don't charge you for the game itself(WoW, for example), or they charge you less than full price of a non-MMO game. I think EVE Online is like $20 if you buy it boxed in stores.

I'm pretty sure every MMO, upon release, has charged full price for the game itself. It's only now, years down the line, that Blizzard don't charge you for WoW - and even then Cataclysm is like £30-40. I bought Rift when it came out - that was normal price with a monthly fee.

• Like 2

Fair point, but most MMOs that are subscription based don't charge you for the game itself(WoW, for example), or they charge you less than full price of a non-MMO game. I think EVE Online is like $20 if you buy it boxed in stores.

I'm pretty sure every MMO, upon release, has charged full price for the game itself. It's only now, years down the line, that Blizzard don't charge you for WoW - and even then Cataclysm is like £30-40. I bought Rift when it came out - that was normal price with a monthly fee.

This.

I distinctively remember being awed at the amount I paid for City Of Heroes when it first came out since I knew I'd be paying a subscription.

To be fair however, usually they offset the cost of the software by giving you some type of free time.

Which they're doing in TOR.

... also auuuugh, fuck, I got Early Access but the game isn't actually showing up on my screen at all. Do I blame my video card or my monitor for this?

EDIT: Oh, okay, I figured out that this isn't an uncommon problem or anything. I'll just try the eight billion possible solutions tonight.

I know, right? Except I can't even play if I wanted to right now until I figure out what the fuck is wrong with my computer. Leaning towards it being that I need to uninstall and reinstall my video card drivers or something.

EDIT: FIXED!

Okay, so DoubleX and I have rolled Republic characters on Mask of Nihilus. He's a Consular, I'm a Smuggler, and we're both pretty low-level if anyone else wants to pop in there.

I have no idea. I mean it when I say I've no experience with any MMO.

The way of works is there are three server locations: US East, US West, and Europe. The closer the server the better your ping, and thus lower lag. This is why I picked US West.

You can play on any server though, so if you want to play with SRN, go with Europe, but if you want to join GoGo and I, we're on Mask of Nihilus, which is a US West server.