Star Wars: The Old Republic

Guest strongarm85

I'll be buying on release day! Why is this not on Steam, by the way? I mean, this would have been the first thing I ever bought on Steam, but I was looking forward to not having to walk to the next town to pick a game up for once. >_>

I have no idea about MMO's as this will be my first, but is there going to be some kind of clan or something for EWB? We should all play together at some point and do whatever people do when they play together in an MMO! Though so far it's me, SRN and GoGo who will definitely get it, which is three different time zones...

I'll be buying on release day! Why is this not on Steam, by the way? I mean, this would have been the first thing I ever bought on Steam, but I was looking forward to not having to walk to the next town to pick a game up for once. >_>

I have no idea about MMO's as this will be my first, but is there going to be some kind of clan or something for EWB? We should all play together at some point and do whatever people do when they play together in an MMO! Though so far it's me, SRN and GoGo who will definitely get it, which is three different time zones...

Am I so invisible to you? :(

If you want a digital copy you can buy it from Origin, but people have apparently had issues with that so idk. Then again though, people have had issues with everything Bioware have done, including complaining that they extended the early game access by two days.

Those monsters.

People are seriously complaining about early access starting earlier? Wow, the internet.

We may complain about people here, but the TOR forums are horrendous. People there complain about anything and everything, even if it doesn't make sense. I'm sticking to their dev tracker so I can see any important news.

preordered july 21st and been playing since this morning. the amount of complaining is sad, I mean early access is a bonus feature, and they said first come first serve.

playing on the Swiftsure, as Empire. a lot of Australians on here, but that's not bad. seems high pop.

as for servers I'd avoid Kinrath Spider. there's a few others to avoid.

Am I so invisible to you? :(

If you want a digital copy you can buy it from Origin, but people have apparently had issues with that so idk. Then again though, people have had issues with everything Bioware have done, including complaining that they extended the early game access by two days.

Those monsters.

To be fair I think I scrolled up ever so slightly to see who was in here. >_> But you're from Australia! Which is a then third different time zone! :P

I'm very tempted to get this. I just worry it'll be $60 for a game I'll barely play, as I tend to not stick with MMOs much.

That's the reason I dont plan on getting it. It would be $60 on top of the monthly fees, whatever those may be. Though I already know I don't care for the game after trying the beta out at my friends, so there's that as well. It being Star Wars intrigues me, but I couldnt get into the game at all. As much as MMO's interest me, they just don't end up being something I care to actually play for whatever reason.

I imagine monthly fees are going to be similar to WoW, $15/mo.

EDIT:

People are seriously complaining about early access starting earlier? Wow, the internet.

We may complain about people here, but the TOR forums are horrendous. People there complain about anything and everything, even if it doesn't make sense. I'm sticking to their dev tracker so I can see any important news.

Welcome to the wonderful world of MMOs! It's the same on practically every official MMO forum ever. It's bitch-bitch-bitch about everything. I wonder how long it'll take before people complain that TOR is/has gotten "too easy" or "too hard" or WAHHH, THIS CLASS HAS THIS BUT MINE DOESN'T, WHAT GIVES?

I imagine monthly fees are going to be similar to WoW, $15/mo.

EDIT:

Welcome to the wonderful world of MMOs! It's the same on practically every official MMO forum ever. It's bitch-bitch-bitch about everything. I wonder how long it'll take before people complain that TOR is/has gotten "too easy" or "too hard" or WAHHH, THIS CLASS HAS THIS BUT MINE DOESN'T, WHAT GIVES?

Yeah, I knew that already. I also play EVE and the sense of entitlement of those people is painful enough. If such a thing were possible, however, the TOR forums are even worse. There are people complaining that the launch of TOR has failed because people are being let in as staggered waves, when it's just thinly veiled tantrums because they can't play with their toy yet.

It's absurd.

Monthly fees are $15, less if you buy 3 month or 6 month packages.

I'd really just prefer KOTOR 3 instead of an MMO.

Prices seem pretty good to me. I'm pretty happy to pay £40ish for 6 months, considering most games that take me about 10 hours to beat cost the same. And yeah, I'd like KOTOR 3 too, but this seems pretty great. It'll be nice to have a KOTOR that you can play with others with a lot more story options than just the one you play through in KOTOR, great as the story was.

Monthly fees are $15, less if you buy 3 month or 6 month packages.

I'd really just prefer KOTOR 3 instead of an MMO.

Prices seem pretty good to me. I'm pretty happy to pay £40ish for 6 months, considering most games that take me about 10 hours to beat cost the same. And yeah, I'd like KOTOR 3 too, but this seems pretty great. It'll be nice to have a KOTOR that you can play with others with a lot more story options than just the one you play through in KOTOR, great as the story was.

It isn't just $x for six months. It's $60 for the game and the first month, THEN $x for six months. So if it turns out to be like WoW where I try it for a couple of hours, quit because it's so boring, and never touch it again, it's $60 wasted. I've yet to find an MMO that could hold my attention.

...Isn't that the exact same with any other game though? You pay $60 for the game and maybe you like it, maybe you don't. You've got a whole month to decide on that. If you don't, don't pay the subscription. It's a pretty good deal if you ask me. I've never played an MMO before in my life and I'm not sure I'd be so up for trying this if it weren't for the fact you get a month free.