EliteXC on CBS Live Thread

Guest Mr. Potato Head

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... So. If you checked the picture thread you'll know that my brother taped a piece of packing foam on to the bottom of this chair because one of the wheels is broken off and he's trying to stabilize it. Last night I caught him rummaging through the shed with two pieces of wood and a measuring tape and thought he was gonna tape the wood to the chair.

I get up this morning and get on and it sure feels like something heavier's taped to the chair, 15 minutes later I get up and notice HE TRIED TO DUCT TAPE A BRICK TO THE CHAIR.

WHAT.

Shamrock doesn't look happy at all, he seems pretty emotional.

If this hurts the rating, which it very well may, and this show does poorly, EliteXC is done for. CBS/Showtime won't buy into it, and the CBS deal will be cancelled.

This is make or break, and thanks to the guy who headbutted Ken, it's looking like break.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I'm not sure it'll hurt the rating. People were planning on watching anyhow, planned their night around this - are they going to tune out because of no Ken Shamrock?

If I was Shamrock I would feel to happy about looking for some wood and then finding a brick taped to a chair instead of said wood.

One thing is for certain Slice will not tap. His fight they guy had him in a guitine and Kimbo was just able to power out of it.

Quite honestly I think Kimbo as quite under rated. Say what you want to say about who he has fought by the guys is what..32 years old..only been doing this for a little while and in his last fight he showed that he can handle the ground game...granted his opponent was nothing special but I think you will see a far better fighter in Kimbo Slice this time around.

Edited by Angelic Diablo

I'm not sure it'll hurt the rating. People were planning on watching anyhow, planned their night around this - are they going to tune out because of no Ken Shamrock?

It depends on whether or not the novelty of Kimbo Slice alone is still enough to hold people's interest. It very well may be. But, if I was only a casual fan, I probably wouldn't bother with this show without Shamrock and the big main event.

I tuned out when I found out

I originally was going to tune out, but I ended up sticking around after listening to Ken's interview. I'll probably tune out after the Arlovski fight.

Edited by Gene Kiniski

Guest Mr. Potato Head

See, I don't get that. It was going to be the most hyped but least exciting fight on the show. Were you really going to watch all the prelims but then decided not to because Ken Shamrock won't be embarrassing himself?

See, I don't get that. It was going to be the most hyped but least exciting fight on the show. Were you really going to watch all the prelims but then decided not to because Ken Shamrock won't be embarrassing himself?

Kind of yeah. I mean I was going to give the whole show a chance because I wanted to see that fight. Are they going to show the womens fight? I might watch that since I've never seen one.