My Wrestling game developement

Guest sub

I like the fact that you can leak Bob Holly not come tonight's show to the exclusive press corps of us.

"Meltzer is reporting through various sources at Extreme Warfare Battleground (version 5) that Bob Holly not come tonight's show."

The New York Times would not care if Bob Holly no-showed a WWE event.

Wait, that's what that was saying? I thought the message was Holly telling the player "I don't want you to come to tonight's show".

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez. I mean, I can't read, but jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

Edited by BlackBeard

Exactly how many people have said they're making a new wrestling simulator over the years?

I think it's somewhere roughly around the same as the population of Belgium.

Can we count roleplay for wrestling as a wrestling game? I've got a space the size of Scandinavia to fill and no-one to live there.

goddam guys i did that last night... I just came from a party yesterday..

and i used holly as an example ...

and fine ill do the graphic buttons my self if thats what you want.. <_<

i started last night not like 9 months ago

give me the list of matches you want

Edited by sub

Guest Mr. Potato Head

So what?

You brag about how you're going to have this awesome wrestling game, put barely any work into it, and then we're somehow in the wrong for calling you on the fact you've barely put any work into it?

goddam guys i did that last night... I just came from a party yesterday..

and i used holly as an example ...

and fine ill do the graphic buttons my self if thats what you want.. <_<

i started last night not like 9 months ago

give me the list of matches you want

I'm guessing that maybe we would want pretty much every match ever done. Apart from a 1 vs 1 singles match that is <_<

Hmmm.

It's never good to announce something like this publically until you've put in a lot of work and are confident that A) it can be finished, B) roughly when it will be finished, and C) it helps to have a history of releasing stuff, if you want people to take you as a credible programmer rather than a fantasist.

This won't happen. He's asking all the wrong questions. For example, what match types do we want? Eh? There are a billion more important things for you to care about at this stage as a programmer. Go work on those and release a decent game with one match type if that's all you can manage. At the end of the day the match types et al are just sizzle, which won't mean shit if you don't write a nice juicy steak to begin with.

It's like asking us 'How fast do you want to go?' when you're towing us along on a pushbike. We know that realistically you'll struggle to reach 20MPH, even with a decent bike and a lot of effort. Meanwhile, you're convinced that we can go 88MPH and travel back in time. Yet all you've got thus far is the frame of a bike with no wheels / brakes / suspension, etc.

I'm not great with java, but even I can pick holes in the source code he has written thus far.

String[] component4Items = {"Ewbattleground", "Blueright", "Sun Uk", "New-York Times"};

Forget match types, how about storing these values externally so they can be edited? Simple things like this being overlooked in favour of Hell In A Cell are just one of the reasons this isn't being taken seriously by anyone with a clue.

Also, whilst I can't quote what isn't there, there is no code that DOES anything with the information provided by the user. No algorithms. No data being turned into information. It's like going to a restaurant, browsing the menu and asking for a full roast with all the trimmings and being given an empty plate. All that time reading the menu and making a choice was wasted, because regardless of your choice, you're still going to get an empty plate. Nobody was actually listening to your order at all.

Match idea, straight up...

18-Man Scorpions in a Cage (and playing through the speakers) Match.

Don't tell me it's not possible or I'll ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE.

More like ROC you like a hurricane, am I right?