Carling Cup Semi Finals et al

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spurs are going 4-5-1 tonight with Jermain Defoe as the lone striker. Hmm, I'm guessing that's not going to work.

Bent misses out completely, Pav & Campbell on the bench with Dos Santos, Taarabt and Rocha. Alnwick starts in goal, Gunter & Assou-Ekotto start in defence and Huddlestone's back in the team!

BAE...What the hell was that?! Lucky Alnwick appears to be brilliant. Just as well really.

We have to be playing the shortest attacking lineup in history and I could see us easily going 2-0 down tonight if we;re not careful and settle things down.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

I am gutted for Burnley. Spurs are lucky, and nobody deserves to be in a major final after that performance. The following sentence has never been uttered by me in the past and likely never will be again.

I hope Man Utd beat the crap out of them.

Seriously, how annoying. Plus I wanna see Everton in the Europa League next year, not a Championship side like Spurs :P

Interestingly the bbc sport forum has descended into vitriolic ranting of hatred against Spurs for having tha audacity to actually not give up and TRY to score the goal they needed. GASP! How DARE they!

People are just upset about not being able to laugh at Spurs for giving away their three goal lead and lose. If there's anything people like to do, it's laugh at Tottenham when we lose.

Apparantly people are now "understanding why Arsenal fans hate Spurs", "embarrassed for English football to have this team, this overpaid illiterate bunch of 'sportsmen' representing them in Europe" and various other disappointed Premiership fan-wanting-an-upset ramblings.

Tough.

Off we go to Wembley.