Mafia Game Waiting List

R.W.

Can the second medium & small game slot be polls just for those slots :shifty:

Actually, there's an idea. Why not get rid of the poll, and replace it with a small game slot. And have one of the mediums and one of the smalls be decided by a poll

I generally like the system as-is. If anything, I think we should consider abolishing the Trad list and just put them in the relevantly sized pecking order, and have a second poll slot maybe.

A second small game slot would be better than a second poll game spot. One of the reasons RW put the system as-is is to avoid cluttering up the pinned topics portion of the page, I believe, with too many games. When you add in multiple polls as well, it starts to clutter more.

I think one poll game is fine. We need a second small game slot because honestly, there are more small and medium games than there are large, and the large games have been running just fine on their own and in conjunction with the poll game slot.

Can't we just get rid of the traditional slot? There's no point in keeping it if people aren't going to play the games because they're out of their depth, or so they say.

But then they shouldn't be playing traditional games.

Edit: And if people are signing up for games they can't play, maybe that suggests they're signing up because there aren't enough other games to play.

Edited by Footjob Fever

Well, even if I'm allowed to do a medium game first, I think I'd like to try out a Small first, so RW, if you would unregister Jurassic Park Mafia, I'll put It Mafia up there.

And I'm all for replacing the traditional mafia game with another small game. The game should be on the list according to amount of players. Traditional games are no less fun than themed games, it really depends on the amount of players and the mix you have and whatnot.

Can't we just get rid of the traditional slot? There's no point in keeping it if people aren't going to play the games because they're out of their depth, or so they say.

But then they shouldn't be playing traditional games.

I agree. But they are.

Edit: And if people are signing up for games they can't play, maybe that suggests they're signing up because there aren't enough other games to play.

People tend to sign up to like every game here. If they can have fun just coming in and voting and not really adding anything because they're more concerned with their abilities (or in the case of trad games, concerned with.. well, I'm still not sure), that's cool, who's to dictate how people play a silly game on an internet forum? I wasn't getting any fun from that and that's why I only play small games now with a few exceptions. If anything people are signing up to too many games.

• Admin
Hmmm. With this new information that I'n not allowed to run a medium game first, I guess I'll take my medium game off the list and register Stephen King's It Mafia Small Game for 10 Players.

You're allowed to run a medium game, just not a large - however, if you wish to switch games you can - just let me know (Y)

I've just seen your later post, sorted :)

Edited by Rabid Wolverine

• Admin

And following on the other discussion:

- Since the poll is open to abuse, and people on EWB are prone to that sort of behaviour, I'm thinking of scrapping it and just putting another Medium Game slot in it's place.

- I'm also keen on the idea of removing the Traditional slot and replacing it with another Small Game slot.

I would just dish out harsh punishments for poll manipulation rather than ditching the poll...but then again I'm in favor of more polls so you probably won't listen to me anyway :P

Something like "Game that was on the list is removed, you're banned from having any game on any list for 3 months, and when you are allowed to get a game on the list again your game is still banned from polls until RW decides to be lenient" should do it.

And following on the other discussion:

- Since the poll is open to abuse, and people on EWB are prone to that sort of behaviour, I'm thinking of scrapping it and just putting another Medium Game slot in it's place.

No. I like the poll, and don't mind it being abused. >_>

Honestly, its just a few people* kicking up a shit for no reason other than they* can.

*Few and They may actually mean One and He.