FIFA 09

alldaws1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Find it and charge it, quick! Then let me know...

I found it was pointless using a headset unless both players are using one last night, as all my mate could hear was mumbling through his TV, which is to be expected I think. But playing with a headset definitely gave FIFA a whole new level of awesomeness for me last night.

EDIT: And my headset has already come in handy for Home, but that's for another thread...

Edited by LL's Boy

Unsure. I know my headset's input and output are both set to 8860 or something like that...they're the same number for both anyway. The manual says to put the mic volume to 1 to remove background noise, but on testing it, it seemed quiet, so I've moved it up to two.

And I've turned off the commentary/put the volume on it down to minimum, just to help things. The guy I played last night had a decent mic, but I could hear the commentators a lot. There were times when his phone would ring and he'd be talking to someone whilst playing, which had me trying to hold back the laughter.

Be A Pro mode can be seriously annoying at times, especially when I'm playing for England. We lost 2-1 to New Zealand after I put us 1-0 up, and managed to get one of their players sent off for a professional foul. And then, we go 1-0 up against Slovenia, give away a penalty to make it 1-1, and never really threaten afterwards.

Probably a bug, so the only way to stop it would be by patching, something EA probably won't do to MM this year.

Played my game with AJ, with mic's. He beat me 1-0, but it was good nonetheless.

Might've been a better game had I not been fiddling with the settings all the time. T'was a scruffy goal really that won it but I'm pleased I'm starting to score more from corners. I can't actually remember much else other than I managed to survive a couple of 1 on 1's when you'd broke past my defence.

I ended up having the volume settings in FIFA all turned down to minimum and your mic output through my headset (which is why you'll be able to hear yourself) cause through the TV it was a bit distorted. It was still really quiet though =\ I'm just gonna have to put it down to having a crap headset. It's only a Madcatz one which sits on your ear so the mic and speaker are practically on top of each other.

Go to the EA Sports Football World website, log in, click on your profile, edit your 'My Bio' section and then select your gamertag from the Persona List, or if it's not there select New Persona. Then just follow the steps. I think that's what you need to do, that's what I told Baddar anyway and he seemed to figure it out >_>

Maybe you can help me with another issue I've got;

I changed the way my avatar looks on the site and confirmed the settings. Whenever I log into the site, I see my guy in his new gear. However, when I play FIFA and see my avatar, it's still the same as it was before, with a vest and pants on. :/

Any idea on a solution?

I'm probably more available during the week, but because of my working hours, do occasionally face the odd American on the games I play. Add me, and if I see you, I'll give you a game.

rvdwannabe PSN name.

(Y) will do.

This Friday is actually looking promising at the moment.

• Admin

Just started a Manager Mode on Legendary with Wycombe - fancied the challenge of starting low and building up.

Drew 1-1 with Barnet, then lost 1-0 to Chester, before beating Brentford 2-0. It's what I like about FIFA this year the most - teams play like their real-life counterparts. Direct football and set-pieces are a lot more important in the lower leagues.