FIFA 09

alldaws1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so I decided after having won everything with Middlesbrough I'd see what else was on offer. Thought I'd get a couple offers to choose from. Didn't realise you could just pick ANY team in the entire universe.

So any ideas? Don't wanna go too low a league as I've done that before, possibly abroad.

Yeah, so I chose Fulham. <_<

Not very far flung but I fancied trying to challenge my old Middlesbrough team which are now sort of a European super power. I've just been soundly beaten 2-0 by them, but give me 2 seasons and I'll be Prem champions.

First order of business as Fulham manager > Sign Totti, Samba and Carvalho on free transfers, then steal Emnes from Boro.

Legendary is a bitch.

I've played 5/6 games as Bournemouth, never scored more than one goal. Lost 3, drawn 2, won 1. It's annoying :(

I'm Real Madrid and still I find it difficult.

My excuse is that I get my games played after I get home from work after working early mornings, so I'm never properly switched on. <_<

About to play the Champions League final

West Ham Vs Blackburn >_<

Gah, I HATE that. The clubs in the Champions League for me last season were Middlesbrough and Man City. Apparently the other 2 didn't even qualify. I played them in the semi but luckily not the final. I played Inter and it really did feel like a big occassion. Huge stadium, raucus crowd and they threatened on every attack. I won 2-0 with both goals in injury time, the first of which was a daft own goal which I was a bit miffed about. If you're gonna win a European cup, you don't want it on an own goal.

The match in which that Totti replay comes from I ended up winning 6-1, with 4 goals from Johnson and another belter from outside the box with Totti. Also got my 250 goals achievement.

According to the EAfootballworld site I'm only 9% into my FIFA 09 game, is there a list somewhere of PS3 achievements?

Yesterday me and my mate started a Manager Mode game with Shrewsbury in League Two and it was completely insane. League Two plays like League Two, the opponent gets the ball and they just pump it forward to the attack which resulted into extremely fast paced matches with shitty players. We ended up quitting the game though and taking over Coventry City because we hated how we could never use our best team two times in a row because of their shitty fitness staff and we didn't have any money to upgrade it much either. Do they really think that in League Two players are not capable of playing two matches in a row? First we thought it was their stamina but then we got Javi Garcia from Real Madrid on loan and even he was exhausted after one match. Fuckin' hate it. So now we started with Coventry City and used all our money to upgrade fitness staff. Had the most insane match ever though with Shrewsbury against Carlisle, it just went back and forth the entire time and ended with our keeper kicking the ball against someones back and going into the goal >.> in extra time...