FIFA 09

alldaws1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I turned the difficulty up to Legendary and in my first game I went down 2-0 to Blackburn by half-time. Then I came back and had it tied by the 55th minute and eventually won 4-2 :D

Also, has anybody else noticed how installing FIFA to your 360 hard drive significantly decreases loading times? I used to have about 4-5 shots at the goalie in the arena before the stadium loaded but now it's maybe 1 or 2. Awesome.

I turned the difficulty up to Legendary and in my first game I went down 2-0 to Blackburn by half-time. Then I came back and had it tied by the 55th minute and eventually won 4-2 :D

Also, has anybody else noticed how installing FIFA to your 360 hard drive significantly decreases loading times? I used to have about 4-5 shots at the goalie in the arena before the stadium loaded but now it's maybe 1 or 2. Awesome.

Yeah, that's apparently one of the perks of installing to the HDD. I've heard GTA loads a lot faster than it normally does (got time to take a shit and make a cup of tea on PS3) after installing it to the hard drive on 360.

With freekicks, I've scored two so far that haven't been on the edge of the box so you can just power them into the top corner (got a couple of those ones as well).

One was with Gareth Bale on the left hand side, curved around the wall and into the top of the net. Keeper really should have saved it, tbf. Second was with David Bentley against my brother, on the right. I put it over the wall, it curved left slightly and dipped at the last moment into the top right hand corner. If you push the left analogue stick (on the 360 anyway) diagonally up and left/right (so at 315 or 45 degrees, depending which way you want it to curve) the ball will go higher originally to get over the wall and then dip suddenly, as well as curve that way.

Playing Accrington in the cup, Daniel Agger with a last ditch tackle Carragher would be proud off, considering Carragher made the original mistake..

http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/video/2377262

Anything you can do, I can do just as well...

http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/video/2395118

You got your body across the ball, I went through it and the man, and injured him. Sends a warning out to their forwards :P

some people are pure muppets on Be a Pro on Xbox Live.

Me and my mate where playing a few games with other people and there are a lot of selfish buggers who'd rather run into the keeper and try and round him from an impossible angle instead of pass to a unmarked player who'd score. Also why did the person who was the keeper throw it straight into a pile of chelsea players instead of kick it to unmarked players on the wing?!!!

atleast i got a rating of 8/10 in both games as Alonso and Fabregas

I stopped a certain goal. I was playing against Arsenal. I was under severe pressure.

Need I give any more reasons why my tackle was better than yours?

¬_¬

Those reasons together are a myth this season, but to be fair you were Tottenham :P

What is with this game and not telling me when a player is booked ffs? Several times nlw Ive committed a foul, and there's been no cutscene or a mention from the commentators, yet Ill check the match events and the player was booked for it. Ive just played 20 minutes of a game with no left back because the game hasn't even said he's been sent off!

It's most likely due to the referee playing advantage and leaving the booking until the next appropriate case for a cut scene, but by that time sometimes another cut scene comes along like a substitution or something and it doesn't show the cut scene for the player being booked or sent off for the foul he committed earlier.

At least when a player is booked and you don't see it their name comes up in yellow so you know they have a card. Obviously no such luck with sending offs, though.

Edited by AD

The referee decisions can be ridiculous sometimes, I cleanly win the ball off the last man who's actually turning away from goal to pass it to another player and just nudge him afterwards. Straight Red :@

Oh and as for awesome clean tackles check this beauty out http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/video/2403964

Edited by The General

I just had an EPIC match against Newcastle in Manager Mode while I was Charlton, I opened the scoring in the 11th minute with Rafael Da Silva elegantly lobbing the ball into the box for Todorov to head in the good start didn't last long though as Martins scored twice. From then on they kept attacking but my team defended with their lives, throwing themselves at every cross/shot Newcastle attempted but Fortune hauls down Owen in the box and gets sent off in the 90th minute.

I am shitting myself as Martins steps up to take it but he fires it straight into Weaver, I immediately pump it forward and Colocinni makes a hash of the clearance, Bouazza slots it in and I am jumping all over the place. Penalties were bloody intense but my team held their nerve and Weaver saved from Habib Beye to send us into the next round of the league cup.

I love this game :wub:

I'm still having trouble scoring with headers.

Nearly all of em go over the bar. How do you aim exactly? I just thought it was simply a case of shoot + analogue stick in direction you want to put it.

So if a corner comes in from the bottom of the screen, and you want to head it into the far corner of the goal, you'd press shoot and right/up on the analogue. I'm starting to think pressing up is affecting the height rather than the direction, or is it all in the timing?

I think I'm officially the worst player in the game ever.

I can't do shit if the difficulty is above semi-pro. It takes nothing for me to be depossesed, I can't get a pass/through ball to go anywhere near the person it's intended for, don't even get me started on free kicks, and the list goes on. Most annoyingly is the "two seconds later" action that every single direction/button I press has in terms of being carried out.

Yeah, LOL me so far.