Pro Evolution Soccer 2009

Crybaby Bunting

The wonders of early delivery/stores not caring about street dates.

Any of you early adopters know what the deal with online legends mode is? The demo vid hinted at 4 people playing together, is that just four of you against the computer? Can you have, say, two of you against two other legends but they are on the opposing side?

Don't quote me on it, but i would guess you can do 2 v2... since you can do 4 player (2 each side) full team games. I'll have a go later. On the plus side, online is tons of fun. Just ebat a guy 8-2 after extra time... insane. Scored the best chip ever with Tevez too :)

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legends mode is nice. I narrowly decided against being a Czech right-back to be an English central midfielder. I played the 'trial' match, and we won 2-0, I got both assists, and earned a 7 rating. I recieved offers from Villa, Sunderland and West Ham. I went with Villa, and have played one training match. The reserves I was playing for beat the first team 1-0, thanks to another assist from me.

Still no clean sheets for me in normal matches. Just played as Man Utd and beat Hull 3-1. I scored after two mins, they equalised on 10, and then OWNED MY ARSE for the rest of the first half. Second half, I improved and they got worse, and I scored a Scholes screamer on 70, then added a third in the dying minutes to secure the win.

I'd say that this is FUN, and less annoying then previous versions, but still has some little niggles.

Just played on the hardest difficulty as United against Arsenal, lost 1-0. Happy with that kind of difficulty as I don't think it'll ever get to the point where I'm winning 4/5-0 every game like on past versions. Every game feels different which I love. Also, Champions League music on a computer game = awesome.

I take back what I said about online play.The mode itslef is fine but they should put some kind of restriction on it. I just lost 2 games because the guys I was playing had awful connections and their players lagged about the pitch, making it impossible to defend against.

Just started a Be a legend mode, it's great. Started on the highest difficulty, thought I had a stinker in the training game (despite hitting the post). We lost 1-0 but I got contract offers from Sunderland, West Ham and Villa. Was gonna choose SUnderland since it's moer likely i'd start, but they wanted to play me out wide, so Villa it is.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

After a decent start in legend mode, the last couple of games have been boring, my team mates sub-par and I never saw the ball despite making some sexy runs into space. Has anyone managed to get beyond playing training matches yet?

I got a start and a couple of sub appearances for Stoke earlier, on the middle difficulty... my current game with Villa on the hardest mode is proving impossible though. Think i'm lowering the difficulty again soon. THe problem is, I dont think you can change it once your Be a Legend game is underway.. I dont really want to play 18 odd seasons with it being stupidly easy.

Is there a limit on the seasons you can play on Be A Legend?

Also I've heard that holding long pass and down to shoot under the wall from a free kick nearly always goes in. Do any of you know about this and is it true?

Someone mentioned that on PESGaming. They tried it 4 or 5 times in Training and it went in every time, then once in match-play and it went in, so it looks like a bug.

In other news, I didn't bother collecting the pre-ordered (with a night manager) copy in Tesco as it was £35.89 or something close to that, due to me being able to get it for £10 less at Asda, as it's £27 minus the discount my mother can get.

But no rush anyway, due to me being without a PS3 at the mo. :(

So after 8 training games I was handed my Hull City debut, as a 70th minute substitute, 1-0 down away at Sunderland. With my first touch I send Peter Halmosi through, only for him to blaze over. Only touched the ball once after that :(

edit - After sitting on the bench for the entirety of a defeat to Chelsea, I came on at half time against Portsmouth with the score at 0-0. With effectively my first touch I set up an attack that leads to goal. We hang on until the 88th minute when they get a corner. I am on the post. Ball comes in, header from Campbell.. off the post, off me and in. I was gutted. Fortunately it didn't go down as an own goal. Then, in stoppage time, our keeper hoofs one forward, flicked on by the front man to me.. I bundle away from a defender only for him to chop me down. Boateng steps up and spanks home the free kick. 2-1. Man of the Match for me. Awesome. I love this game.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

Where does your player play? As in position.

I just had my best training game yet, didn't give the ball away, bar crosses that got blocked. We beat the first team 2-0, one of my crosses led to a goal after a bit of a scramble and another cross was a direct assist. Even though I'm a central midfielder, I like making runs out-wide. My guys shooting stats are awful though, the few efforts I have had have been way off target. Still hate the camera a little in that mode.

The camera could be a lot better I agree. A lot of the time I end up dribbling into a defender because it rotates so much. My guys best position is Attacking Mid. I've found that really sticking to your position, especially defensively gets you better ratings. Unfortunately, I dont think the game is in depth enough to credit you when the team scores from something you do, if it isnt a direct assist.

I am yet to score... (aside from the 3 i got in training). my guy finishes like a centre half. Bagged my first assist and second MoM in my last game, in a 3-0 win over Boro... only to be dropped for the following cup game at Fulham :(

You're having a much better ride than me. :)

Started off by drawing the first game after the centre forward missed the one-on-one following my through ball. Got offers from Man. City, Sunderland and West Brom. The last two wanted to play me in centre forward when I'm a left winger so I went Manchester Blues, despite knowing it'll be a monumental task to overtake Petrov in the first team. We got smashed 5-1 in my first training game with goals from Elano, Jo, Robinho Petrov and Wright-Phillips. Since then I've done OK, drawing most games although I've netted twice. Don't think I'm close to being called up because the first team is undefeated and full of good attacking players. I think I made the wrong choice in club and will probably look for a move in January.

Great game though, although I keep mixing up run with placement shot because of FIFA which has led to numerous moments of frustration. Bit disappointed with the amount player transfers that needed doing too, given that FIFA has them all done and came out before it. I'm still getting used to the balance of the game though, which is something I haven't enjoyed doing on Pro Evo for a while now.

The camera could be a lot better I agree. A lot of the time I end up dribbling into a defender because it rotates so much. My guys best position is Attacking Mid. I've found that really sticking to your position, especially defensively gets you better ratings. Unfortunately, I dont think the game is in depth enough to credit you when the team scores from something you do, if it isnt a direct assist.

I am yet to score... (aside from the 3 i got in training). my guy finishes like a centre half. Bagged my first assist and second MoM in my last game, in a 3-0 win over Boro... only to be dropped for the following cup game at Fulham :(

Why don't you just switch to the normal camera then? It'd make things a lot easier for yourself.

Why don't you just switch to the normal camera then? It'd make things a lot easier for yourself.

That doesn't help, you just loose sight of where your guy is.

My latest role seems to be 'Unused Substitute'.