Pro Evolution Soccer 2009

Crybaby Bunting

I think I'm starting to become attached to Jonito (my created guy).

Did quite well in a reserve game and was surely on for a good rating, despite being on a booking. Then put a sliding challenge in on SWP who went down like a sack of bricks and instantly shouted "No way is that a sending off!" through fear of ruining my rating and possible breaking into the 1st team/bench. Thankfully it wasn't...

...still didn't get into the team though. :crying:

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got through to the transfer window. Am a fairly regular starter now so, despite offers from West Ham, Newcastle, Villa and West Brom, I am sticking with Hull for the rest of the season at least. My reward for this loyalty is was being benched away at Wigan, so I proceeded to get Man of the Match (At least I think thats what it means by "Most Impressive Player") when I was brought on.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

So, I got it. Haven't really played it yet. I understand the update that was supposed to come on release day is now set for November. Now, I don't want to start a Legend/Master League until I have the Premiership updated and such. However I fear that this patch will undo any editing I do.

Think i'll stick to the National teams for a little while, gives me a chance to used to the game I guess.

I got the Pesfan option file today and everything (barring the Prem) looks spanking good now, no more PS2 days of renaming half the eastern European national teams (and Germany). Just need to do my Premier League and add Bayern Munich and Eidur Gudjohnsen (where is he?!?).

Started a Be A Legend as a centre mid and after hitting the bar in the trial game I managed to get 2 yellows and gone. So I've now played a daft number of games for Hull reserves and am getting royally sick of it already. Its possible I'm just rubbish, but I'm still not as rubbish as George Boateng.

Coming up to the transfer window and I'm nowhere near a regular, though I did get the second half of a 0-0 draw with Arsenal, and put Agbonlahor straight through on goal for him to shoot straight at the keeper. Bastard.

Had a great game last night as Man Utd vs. Everton. Was 2-0 up and cruising, they pulled one back just before half time. Second half they were the better side, and equalised on 70 minutes Both goals were from Yakubu, who on 82 mins DIVED and won a penalty. I was annoyed. However, Van der Sar pulls off a great save. A few mins later, I broke down the left with Rooney, cut inside to shoot, and Yobo takes my standing leg out RIGHT on the edge of the area. Ronaldo takes the free-kick, and the wall deflects it out for a corner. Ronaldo swings it in as the clock ticks into stoppage time, and Vidic rises at the near post to head the ball across goal and in for the 3-2 win! I fucking cheered like there was no tomorrow. Great game.

Edited by timmayy Aaron XXIV

Be a Legend is awesome. Hadn't played it for a couple of days but popped it in today. I've suddenly become a scorer of important goals. I'm pretty much a regular now, still start a fair few from the bench though... and i've scored 3 times. Last minute winner against West Brom in the league, last minute winner at Anfield in the Cup (still lost on aggregate) and the first goal in a 2-0 league win over Arsenal.

Think i'll look for a move come the summer... depending on who comes in for me. It says a lot for this mode that on every Pro Evo I generally switch it on for the first time and immediately start up and power through a Master League.. on this one I havent touched it yet.

The thing about Be A Legend is it doesn't seem to improve your rating for anything you do indirectly. If I'm at left midfield and I do a bit of tracking back to cover their right midfielder, which means they can't pass to him and then because of that they get pressured off the ball then it's the player who gets the tackle that will get marks. Likewise, if I'm on the left with the ball I could try a cross that would result in a great opportunity for my player but it's 50/50 it'll get to him. But if it doesn't then that's a failed pass, whereas I could pass to a player about 2 feet behind me in a pointless position who's getting marked and that's a successful pass, but he'll probably lose the ball and that fucks the entire play. Or if I deliver a great cross to one of my guys and he completely fucks up and misses, then that's also a failed pass through no fault of my own.

I finally scored my first goal (and only goal since my bro has sent off the game now) from a corner with a header. About time and probably the only way I was gonna score after being through on several previous occasions in different games 1-on-1 with the keeper and not just narrowly missing the target, but completely fucking it every single time. I know I'm a new player and would maybe struggle to get a goal, but for a left winger not being able to hit a white whale on a black background is stretching it a bit.

I'm getting bored of be a legend, hardly see the ball and my team mates are largely annoying. Also annoyed that in one match I had 11 passes, 10 completed, 1 shot which was on target, a couple of interceptions and I get a 6.0! WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME!?

I may re-start as a striker, or a right-back. My best success has been when I've made runs out-wide, but my guy sucks at taking people on. As a striker, I may actually see the ball, as a right-back I could make my runs down the flank and not be expected to actually take anyone on.

There's other stuff I want to do on Pro Evo, like play some master league and complete a champions league campaign I've started as Man Utd.

I made the team! About damn time too, twelve weeks without so much as a sniff, I even stopped halfway through to do a CL with Man United (dumped out by Barca in the semis in a cracking game). But yeah, came on for SWP on the hour mark and nearly scored with a low strike then didn't touch it for ages. My crowning glory was recked though when Corluka headed my cross against the bar and over.

Still, I've been kept in the squad for the match at Blackburn. Good job, those training ground games were driving me crackers.

Apparently you can't play as a right back in Be a Legend. Forward for me.

I just played a Champions League quarter-final game as Man Utd vs. Mad Rojo whoever, and while I won 2-1, I was royally SCREWED by the silliest refeering decisions ever.

I got Carrick sent off, even though he wasn't the last man, as Ferdinand and Vidic were both covering, and I WASN'T EVEN CONTROLLING HIM AT THE TIME, then Ronaldo committed a 'normal' foul that happens 10 times in every match in the middle of the pitch.... and GETS A STRAIGHT RED!

My winner was Rooney being hacked down from behind by a defender when he was one-on-one and I scored the penalty, however the defender wasn't even booked!

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?

I've been fucked over a few times too. Playing against my brother I had Richard Dunne sent off for a tackle near the corner flag when I wasn't even controlling him. Lots of barely fouls for pushing when jumping for headers seem to get given against me too, but never the CPU.

I've gone against myself and have started editing abit because I fancy some Master League. I think the kit design of stripes must be copywritten by the FA or Premier League or something. Seriously, why can Konami NEVER put them teams kits by default? Half of these kits are so off course it's unreal. Plus Sunderland have the biggest team in the history of the world. It's already full and they have like 5 guys to add, I ended up having to cut people they out on loan like Donnovan and Wallace.

But yes, ML. This is mainly because my attempt at Become a Legend (on the highest difficulty) was a failure, mainly because my team mates are pants on head retarded.

"Guys, in acres of space here, fancy passing me the ball?"

"Me run into opponent and lose ball. :)"

":@"

They then promptly lunge at the opposing player, get booked and then they score a free kick. <_< Maybe I should attempt it at something like Regular once I get the Prem sorted.

How the fuck do I get this mp3 gallery thing to work?

Just so I'm getting this right, I can upload by own songs on to my PS3 and play them on Pro Evo, right? I've not got the wrong end of the stick, have I?

You've got the right end of the stick, but apparently the feature isn't as easy to use as first suspected.

I've just had the craziest, most incident packed game of Pro Evo I've ever had.

I made the Champions League final as Man Utd, and I get Barcelona.

After extra-time, and with 10 men, I won 6-5 with the last touch. Though 4 of the Barcelona goals were down to the CPU being a bit of a cheap git >_>

Anyway, bloody great match.

A cagey start, I take the lead with a Tevez header from a Park cross on 25 mins. Man Utd 1-0 Barcelona

They equalise just after the half hour with a cheap goal. Messi runs away from Evra down their right flank. He cuts inside. I bring Vidic across, and he runs THROUGH, literally THROUGH Vidic - on the replay I slowed it down and there was a point where their bodies merged like some sort of deformed monster - and shoots at the near post. Van Der Sar could just fall down and stop the ball with his body, but instead elects to palm the ball round the post, which is fine. However, he palms it into the bottom corner, which is not. Man Utd 1-1 Barcelona.

They go 2-1 up a minute or so later. I defend a corner, ball falls to Scholes. I hammer the X button to smack it out, the game ignores me, Xavi tackles Scholes and scores. Man Utd 1-2 Barcelona.

I equalise at the end of the first half after some brilliant play from Tevez, who beats three defenders, runs into the box and then cuts the ball back to the edge of the six yard box for Rooney to drill home. Man Utd 2-2 Barcelona.

Half-Time Score: Man Utd 2-2 Barcelona

I take the lead right after the break, Park is fouled in the box, Ronaldo scores the pen. Man Utd 3-2 Barcelona.

They equalise again with the stupidest goal of the lot. Messi cross from the right, Henry takes the ball down and shoots RIGHT AT VAN DER SAR. RIGHT AT HIS CHEST. Van Der Sar decides again to palm the ball into the next. Man Utd 3-3 Barcelona.

They take the lead just after that with a carbon copy of their second goal, just replace Scholes with Ferdinand and Xavi with someone else. Man Utd 3-4 Barcelona.

I decide to go 3-4-3, remove Vidic and bring on Berbatov.

I equalise with about ten minutes to go, RIGHT after my tactical changes. Ronaldo cross, Rooney half-volley. Man Utd 4-4 Barcelona.

In the 85th minute, Xavi breaks down the right, I have to choice but to take him out with Neville, or he'd have been away. Red card. I now have two defenders, Ferdinand and Evra.

Full-time score, Man Utd 4-4 Barcelona.

Change for extra time, I bring O'Shea on for Tevez and go 3-4-2.

I take the lead half-way through the first half, Ronaldo corner, Park header at the near post. Man Utd 5-4 Barcelona.

They equalise with the only 'fair' goal they manage, Henry cuts inside O'Shea and places it into the bottom corner with about ten minuets to go. Man Utd 5-5 Barcelona.

Into injury time, and I'm blatantly waiting for penalties. I get the ball with Rooney, and take it to the left corner flag. I spot a red-dot making a run into the middle and go for it. Rooney cross, Berbatov diving header WITH THE LAST DARN TOUCH into the roof of the net to win the Champions League.

Final Score: Man Utd 6-5 Barcelona.

It was fucking great. Just a fucking great match. Of course, if the CPU had beaten me with it's collection of cheap goals, I might not be so happy about it.