Captain America

Benji

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaaaaahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahaahaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaaaa

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaaaaahahahahahahahahahahah

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

ahahahahaahaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

THAT'S RIGHT! Thats what you get! Look at you, shits all banged up! WHO'S THE MAN? HUH? WHO'S THE MAN? Wait until I get another motorcycle! I am going to lower your friends RIGHT BESIDE YOU! YOU HEAR ME, YOU THINK THIS LETTER ON MY HEAD STANDS FOR FRANCE?

Won't happen in a million years...Marvel wouldn't do something THAT stupid.

They are bringing out a Ghost Rider 2

Ghost Rider isn't their property to fuck with anymore. They sold the rights, which is why we got the film we did.

Captain America is a Marvel Films project, and while Will Smith is a tremendous actor, making Steve Rogers a black man would be a huge mistake. He's supposed to be the symbol of the United States of America... not the symbol of Urban America.

I'm just saying, you know... the white man volunteered for the process and became the symbol of freedom... he became a super soldier. When he went missing, they forced a bunch of NGH's to be test subjects to try and recreate the formula.

If they don't radically change the backstory, then they can't radically change Steve Rogers' race. A black man would never have been able to be the face of freedom during World War II... and to add to that, Isaiah Bradley would never have become the black Captain America if Steve Rogers had never been there in the first place.

I love Will Smith, but I love Captain America more, and I'd rather them pick a lesser actor who is white, than rape the character I grew up loving by changing so much. It worked with Nick Fury, but not before a huge battle about it... and Fury doesn't have nearly as many things that could be argued as to why he should have remained white in the Ultimate universe.

Even now, in 2008, the United States may be electing just the first ever colored President... 40+ years ago, if the government came out and said "This man (who happens to be black) is going to lead our troops and be the face of a nation!" they would have been eaten alive.

I think Will Smith is a good representative for the USA :/

He came from an 'urban' background but i don't think he has ever potrayed himself as a gangster. But i am not American :P so wouldn't know what he gets up to...i thought Martin Lawrence was a gentleman aswell...did a bit of digging...and he ain't.

EDIT: I am a slow typer >.>

Edited by Cabral_

Not sure how you think i was calling him out for the 'black' thing. But this discussion isn't going anywhere good.

I don't know much about Captain America...so the whole him being apart of the war lost on me...but i know what Captain America stands for...and i think Will Smith would be good at that.