Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

Yeah I was reading your diary, the defense has really really let you down.

Have a look at Ricardo Moniz...he's a coach I always get in. Plus you're City you should be able to poach most of the good coaches?

I should, they won't come even when I offer them 10x their current wages. They're all "happy at their new clubs" or other bullshit. But yeah the lack of 6/7* coaches on this update is annoying.

Edit: For instance, I've just offered some Brazilian guy £24,000 a week (my maximum) where he's currently on £750 and he turned me down because he feels he could justify a more lucrative salary.

Edited by Footjob Fever

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just started up a proper journeyman game(Leagues from every continent loaded too!).

Found myself a job in the Swedish Fourth Division with Holvikens...engrossed in a relegation battle when I took over but with only 6 games to go I guided them to safety. Next season and I set my aspirations high and told the board I am going to win promotion, bought in some quality Asian and African players(North Korea and Reunion FTW.

Hopefully my career ends up with me managing a giant team like United or Madrid.

Wow how can you manage to do this? Everytime I try to do something like this I get bored really fast because I don't know the players. Plus I'm used to managing a team with at least decent players (lowest I've done is Carlisle to Premiership), but Holvikens...wow. Good luck ;)

Just started up a proper journeyman game(Leagues from every continent loaded too!).

Found myself a job in the Swedish Fourth Division with Holvikens...engrossed in a relegation battle when I took over but with only 6 games to go I guided them to safety. Next season and I set my aspirations high and told the board I am going to win promotion, bought in some quality Asian and African players(North Korea and Reunion FTW.

Hopefully my career ends up with me managing a giant team like United or Madrid.

Wow how can you manage to do this? Everytime I try to do something like this I get bored really fast because I don't know the players. Plus I'm used to managing a team with at least decent players (lowest I've done is Carlisle to Premiership), but Holvikens...wow. Good luck ;)

See, I have trouble with all the players, I haven't paid attention to any form of football in years, but on a whim a while back I bought the game, I can't get into it because along with the three T's being set up (training, transfers, tactics) it makes life harder when you don't know ANYONE in the game, I keep trying but it doesn't work :(

I just love it when you take control of an absolute backwater club in the arsehole of nowhere, and you have that one no-name guy who would be absolutely diabolical anywhere else on the planet, but he is the prolific goalscorer of that league and takes it by storm. And then you cry when some Serie C team buys him for £4,000 and the board over-rules you into accepting.

I'm playing a game with Liverpool currently. Won the league and carling cup. Lost in the finals of the Champions League to Man United.

My key first year signings were mainly on the wings where I brought in Camoronesi and Arshavin who were both awesome. I also brought in Boateng and Joe Mattock to play full backs.

At the end of the first season I made a few sales including Keane who was horrid Agger and Carragher, as well as Lucas. Raked in 70 million euros about. Also loaned our Reina and Camronesi. Reina was dissapoting and Camoronesi is getting old, he was a short term plug on the wing.

On the purchasing side I splurged. New centre back duo in Sakho and Zapata which cost me around 40 million euros. Nigel de Jong will provide depth in the midfield. Gourcoff for 10 million euros was a bargain, he is a world class winger. I grabbed Goran Pandev to replaced Keane. Ochoa for GK.

The best signing however was a young 16 year old regen, Grant Connor, for 2.4 million euros. He made his league debut with Liverpool becoming the youngest player for the club to ever play in a league game. He scored off a 30 yard free kick and a header. He is an Attacking Midfielder. He is currently being tutored by Gerrard and he looks like eh could turn out to be one of the best players to come through Liverpool and a great replacement for Gerrard.

Top of the league by a point with Hollvikens with 18 points, 8 games played. This unattached 36 year old Polish striker who like mentioned above would be absolutely diabolical everywhere is scoring for fun, the two North Korean buys(Ri Yong Dok and Pak Man Choi...GK and Left Winger)are both doing fantastic.

Steam is easily the most frustrating fucking thing I've ever dealt with. It took about two hours for the fucking game to download, which, ok, it's a big game, I can accept. But then it says I'm not connected to the fucking internet while trying to activate the account, which is bullshit because I'm surfing the net as I do this. So then I call the number and activate it by the phone, but when I go to open the game, it's making me type in the activation codes again. What the fuck. I just want to play the fucking thing.

P.S. I don't think I could have said 'fuck' more times if I had tried.

I've called the activation phone number twice now and it still brings up the activation thing when I go to open the game. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Edited by Meacon Batista

Top of the league by a point with Hollvikens with 18 points, 8 games played. This unattached 36 year old Polish striker who like mentioned above would be absolutely diabolical everywhere is scoring for fun, the two North Korean buys(Ri Yong Dok and Pak Man Choi...GK and Left Winger)are both doing fantastic.

What's the name of the Polish scoring machine?

Chelsea - 88pts (35 games played)

Arsenal - 79pts (35 played)

Man United - 73pts (34 played)

Man City - 69pts (35 played)

Piss of piss, right? Get just one single point from my last three games and I win the title.

And what are those three matches?

* Man United (Away)

* Arsenal (Away)

* Man City (Home)

I get the feeling I'm going to be going into the last day of the season still needing a point to win. :crying:

Edited by stokeriño

Man United 1 - 1 Chelsea

Ashley Young (64)

Carlos Tevez (77)

Well okay, I was wrong.

Nothing will get you over losing to Man United in the Champions League semifinal better than going to Old Trafford 3 days later and lifting the Premier League title. ^_^

The Polish scoring machine it turns out is actually Danish, his name is Thomas Kristiansen.

Also JUST BEEN PROMOTED :D.

It was fantastic, went into the last day of the season with me needing a win and my title rivals who were leading the table needing to lose(they were away against a pretty average side). 15 minutes in and I see they are 2-0 down, then suddenly my opponents score, it takes me until the 78th minute to equalize, still need another goal and in the 89th minute my goalkeeper pulls of a great double save then hoofs the ball forward and I get the winner! :D

I fucking hate this stupid fucking game. Why is this City team so shite no matter what the fuck I do. They either can't hold onto a lead. Can't score. Can't defend or can't keep the fucking ball. Piece of shit. *Quits the game and starts a new one*

Never seen such bullshit in all my life.

BIH Diary?

I quit the game out of rage and didn't save so I may return to it when I'm less pissed off/have had some sleep... But I'll essentially be cheating since I don't know when the game saved and I just lost 9-1 to Man Utd which caused the fit of rage.

Edit: I'd actually like to finish the diary since my plan was to only do one season and I've gotten to April, but having loaded it up just now I'd have to rewrite the Spurs game again and I'd feel bad if I won :shifty:

Edited by Footjob Fever

9-1? Nice!

Not nice. Ridiculous. I could've understood if I'd been beaten 3-0 or something but for fucks sake it's a good City side and no matter what the formation it just bollocks up sooner or later. The only good thing I looked to have going was the system with Santa Cruz, but he got injured after 2 matches.

Edit: and my desk (and therefore my wall) took the most damage from my hissy fit. ;) Although my screen is now slightly skewed but there's so much shit on the desk that that aint going to be fixed any time soon.

Edited by Footjob Fever