Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm, also started up an England management game for the cheap thrill of it. First match: friendly versus the Czech Republic.

Had a look at the assistant manager's mid-match feedback on players/tactics/etc. What does he say? "Gabriel Agbonlahor appears to be having serious problems blending into the squad".

HE SCORED A HAT-TRICK YOU FUCKTARD.

Muppet.

What is it with strikers getting injured?

I started a new game as Newcastle, and in each of my first three matches another striker got injured. I expected it in the Conference North, but I wasn't even playing against Stoke City and it's still happening, and only to strikers. The one position I don't have ten thousand players to cover. Grrr.

Pfft, now that useless lump of shit Beye is demanding that I pay him £27,000 a weekfor the rest of his current contract to make up for the money Blackburn can't afford to pay him, otherwise he won't leave. He's only on £40k a week, I doubt Blackburn are that poor... Cool feature though.

injuries.jpg

:bang: :bang:

In case you're wondering: 3 weeks, a month, 2 weeks, respectively. If this is realism I'll go and play SWOS, thanks.

Edited by Farmer Reil

I'm loving this so far, everything seems "fresh" in a good way, as opposed to 08 which just seemed wank from the start :shifty:

Haven't played any proper games yet though, so my feelings will undoubtedly change once I start getting pummelled and can't understand why.

Playing as Spurs, signed Kevin Davies for a laugh. He's awesome in the air though, and really strong, so he's not a bad deputy for Pav. Tried getting Diarra but somewhere between 9.0.0 and 9.1.0 he lost his desire to play for Spurs so I had to pay more to get Veloso instead. Got Paulo Ferreria for 1.4m as backup for the full backs, Alex (the 26 year old AMLC) for like 7.75m when there was probably a better deal elsewhere but I got tired of scouting all these wingers and only getting decent status, and Rafael Carioca who will be an awesome DM one day for 3m. Didn't realise how quickly I was pissing away my money though and never had enough money to sign any of the awesome young centre backs I found while looking for a DM :(. Had to sign about 17 staff members too. What Spurs started with was shocking.

I'm also Spurs and I also signed Rafael Carioca :lol:, but I think he is already capable of playing regularly despite his age. I'll put up who I signed when I get back, it's a whole list :pervert: You're right about the staff, Spurs only have 3 scouts at the start and I use them a lot so I had to throw some money around to get 3 new decent scouts.

You're a complete twat, Zaz. How is that cheating?

EDIT: I am going to be home from work in about an hour and you and I are going to have words about this!

It was tongue-in-cheek (hence the ;)). It's not 'cheating' per say, I just find it more realistic by having it not on.

Meh, Robinho wants to leave Man City before the season has started.

Yeah, i'm into mid November and he's only got 2 league goals!!! Says he's having trouble settling in the area. I'll flog him if he doesnt turn it around 2nd half of the season. Thankfully I've bought in Huntelaar who seems to score regularly so I'm not completely reliant on Jo.

I'm also playing as Spurs, but don't cheat (;)) and have transfer budgets turned off in the first window. So no signings, there's a current batch of about 8 new players that still have to fit in.

I only sign the players I need for my system, in fairness. Veloso's the only signing who will actually slot into the first team.

You know the problem with playing a Blue Square North (or South) team? Trying not to spend my entire time scouting for as many loan targets as I'm legally allowed, rather than caring about tactics etc. The temptation is to go "Fuck it, this guy's from League 2 is valued at £350k, who cares whether he fits into the squad or not?" ¬_¬

Edited by stokeriño

Im back on 08 :(

Dissapointed with the new features and how slow everything goes.

Really hate that despite having 3D turned off it still has to spend about 45 seconds every game "setting up match" before my first 2D highlights. Hopefully that can get fixed.

-Barry

You've got 3D turned off in the preferences I take it? Is it 2D Classic you're using?

And TheArsenal:

- Download 9.1.0 patch from sigames.com (or a mirror like gamershell)

- Go into FM directory, then updates, 910, db, something like that anyway, and find fake.lnc and any other lnc files and delete them.

- Kraig's lnc file that he linked to has everything updated apparently so download that and stick that where the other lnc files were

- Then start your new game and pick the 910 database. Maybe just start a quick test game first and check that Germany have a proper national team, the UEFA Cup, Intertoto Cup et al are named correctly and then you'll know it's worked and you can take the time to start up a proper game.

Think that's everything...

Oh, I'm also not sure what "keep Holland team" does in the extra files bit of preferences, so maybe untick that for your test game and see what their national team looks like. If it's full of fake players then just tick it again. :P