Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1PW: It's definitely a graphics card problem, from the discussion on SI's site. Make sure your graphics card's drivers are updated by checking on the manufacturer's website (and go on to the manufacturer of your PC's site as well, if necessary.)

Thanks for the advice-I checked my graphics card and it apparently doesn't need updating, so Ive no idea what to do. I don't mind if this is only with the demo, but if the same problem occurs with the full game then it won't be good.

I'm enjoying this Man City game I've got going. Bought Veloso, Lassana Diarra, Huntelaar and Srna. Robinho seems to get injured in every game he plays and hasn't done anything that special for me. I doubt I'll play the 3D game mode when the actual game comes out because it'll take longer to get through seasons that way, but for the moment it's a laugh. Obviously not when you're losing though. For this game and 08 it just seems like it's a chore to get to January and then June, when you can actually start having fun again for a few hours. I'm thinking I'll probably just end up ignoring most of the new features within a couple of days.

Maybe I didn't look hard enough in the brief session I had earlier but the section with 2D in it (and I assume 3D) was greyed out so I was stuck on the old style.

What am I doing wrong?

Oh, now i've remembered something. I like the 'Great Britain' work permit as opposed to English or Scottish etc. I can't remember it ever being a major issue for me in the past but it's a nice touch. Though I wonder if it will differentiate between the different countries for a 2nd nationality?

Also, goalies having free kick and penalty stats is awesome. For some reason Liverpool's David Martin is 15 at FK's so I am gonna sign him for Leeds. :shifty:

It seems they've relocated the future finances section to the transfers tab as 'clauses'. I was worried for a moment when I couldn't find it.

Edited by Fat Sow-sa

This may be a stupid question, but I've never tried this before - I started the demo as unemployed and the only job available was some Blue Square team I wasn't interested in, so I just continued it on. Obviously they've now got a manager and since it's the start of the season there's not many firings going on. Is there any way I can tell the game to just carry on by itself until another job comes up? Right now I'm having to press continue all the time as it plays out all the league games. I tried going on holiday, but it won't seem to let me, perhaps because I'm not in a job.

Any ideas?

So the SI Games forums are in a total shitstorm right now with people complaining they can't get the demo to work. On the surface it looks like there's major problems with everything, then people start posting their specs and 90% of them have awful, on-board graphics cards and a lot of people have less than the 512Mb RAM too. Some people have no idea what specs their PC has at all and the ones that do have no idea what it means.

Basically people have been getting by on completely ancient rigs and then are disgusted when the new game with the biggest graphical leap the game has ever seen doesn't run. I've spent ages on there helping people out.

Anyone here have any issues?

EDIT: And the 3D engine is growing on me now. I reckon once I really get into a game in the full version and get my own players in there instead of just fannying around with the Man U squad in random friendlies I'll appreciate seeing my guys.

The only thing that irks me a bit is the default skin, but I'm bound to find a 3rd party one I'll like after release.

EDIT 2: Best "bug" ever: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=57304

Also, someone's been playing with the height/weight stats:

20081104_f2157840fde435cb379f5iuVZ3hK91S8.jpg

Edited by Scott McFly

When im watchin a match i like to click madly all over the place, i suppose its my way of prowling the technical area! but now the interweb opens when i click on an ad-board, usualy 3 or 4 as im clicking away like mad. this is a pain in the arse!

Other user:

I don't understand, what's the purpose in clicking madly all over? It doesn't do anything does it?

Not sure where the bug is here.

From SI:

This is deliberate behaviour, clicking on an ad-boards is meant to then take you to the relevant website.

I'm afraid that when clicking madly all over the place you will have to stay clear of the ad-boards if you do not wish this to happen.

as i said i just like to click madly when im watching the match as im thinking or urging a player to pass.

when i click on an ad-board the inter net opens. is there away to stop it?

SI:

There is no option to prevent this from happening.

oh well, i'll just have to calm down.

thanks anway!

So he... clicks randomly all over the place when he gets excited during a match. Okaaaaay.

When im watchin a match i like to click madly all over the place, i suppose its my way of prowling the technical area! but now the interweb opens when i click on an ad-board, usualy 3 or 4 as im clicking away like mad. this is a pain in the arse!

Other user:

I don't understand, what's the purpose in clicking madly all over? It doesn't do anything does it?

Not sure where the bug is here.

From SI:

This is deliberate behaviour, clicking on an ad-boards is meant to then take you to the relevant website.

I'm afraid that when clicking madly all over the place you will have to stay clear of the ad-boards if you do not wish this to happen.

as i said i just like to click madly when im watching the match as im thinking or urging a player to pass.

when i click on an ad-board the inter net opens. is there away to stop it?

SI:

There is no option to prevent this from happening.

oh well, i'll just have to calm down.

thanks anway!

So he... clicks randomly all over the place when he gets excited during a match. Okaaaaay.

Um...doesn't everyone do that? :unsure:

I like to rapidly click the place I want the ball to go. Or click on a player I want the ball played to. I know it's very unlikely to do anything, but it makes me feel like God when what I click on works.

Luckily I'm not retarded and can probably learn how not to click a billboard.