NHL 2K9 / NHL 09

Toe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woo, brought my fantasy drafted and rebuilt Leafs to the Stanley Cup. :D

Defeated the Flames in the finals, who were undefeated until the semi-finals of their conference, where they dropped 2 losses to the Sharks, but prevailed in a 4-2 overall. Before that was Atlanta, who were undefeated until they met me and got smoked 4-1. Same with Ottawa before that, undefeated in the first round but destroyed in the second 4-0.

2008-2009 Stanley Cup Winners - Toronto Maple Leafs!

leafscupex6.jpg

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

Oh its Brodeur, and I'm on PC >_> Raped of the options but fun nonetheless.

EDIT: I feel like bragging my team, despite its OBVIOUS weakness in defense (aka I have no D players, instead 'tried to teach' others to play the D position; much to my success)

Check spoilers for roster

LINE 1

Marian Gaborik - RW

Mats Sundin - C

Ilya Kovalchuk - LW

LINE 2

Martin St. Louis - RW

Mike Peca - C

Alexander Ovechkin - LW

LINE 3

Bobby Bolt - LW

Yanic Perrault - C

Jamie Langenbrunner - RW

LINE 4

Daniel Cleary - RW

Wacey Rabbit - C

Ashton Rome - RW

DEFENSE PAIRS

1 - Josh Green - LW, Eric Nystrom - LW

2 - Eric Boulton - RW, Julian Talbot - C

3 - Trevor Smith - C, Jared Ross - C

GOALIES

Martin Brodeur (main)

Curtis Joseph

---

UPDATE: Through trades, replaced all my players in defense with rookie defense players and the future looks better than ever for that department.

Also through trades, Daniel Cleary was traded away, but I can't remember who for the life of me,

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

I don't think anyone said that, and you're not to blame for all the negatives of the team, either. I just prefer playing with at least one AI defender and with that leaving four human players, I prefer the combination of me, Whisper, Ace and Dragsy. Must be the British connection, we're better than everybody :shifty:

I assume it works the same way as FIFA in that if there's 6 or more people wanting to play at the same time, two or more could go into the dressing room and start up a game and then the remaining players can enter the dressing room and play a game of their own, so it will count as two games for our team, going on at the same time sort of thing.I've probably made that sound more complicated than it is.

The British-Connection is epic. We're like a family of 4 when we play, everyone just knows where to go and what to do in between. I think obviously AD and Dragsy work well together because they're brothers and they've grown up playing co-op's. Odd, brothers must either play co-op or just beat the living hell out of each other on their games.

Me and Whisper also seem to work well in a team, we practice a bit on Pro Evo and play regularly with each other on NHL and stuff as a team. I think it's more just... we play so regularly with each other. As I only play online when Dragsy's on really, and that generally means AD is on too. So I guess we just get that chemistry going. Plus 4 is about optimum number to use as it means we get a CPU defender and a CPU goalie so as long as we aren't being abused with the one timers across the crease or the protect the puck and fire in at the near post goals that the AI fall for - we're alright.

I'd imagine that's why we work well together, and why we can sometimes struggle otherwise. To a point of course, I'm not saying if we take me out of the team suddenly we're rubbish, because that's not true.

Slogger, I don't want to play hockey with you.

You're probably much better than me, and yet I'm not getting kicked off the team.

Why's that? Its because I bring precious comedy gold, as hockey playing Great Khali is always funny.

You bring comedy gold? You should have been online for our 12-0 loss the other day.

That was comedy gold at it's finest moment. I still maintain that may have been the greatest match I've ever played online, if only because we ended with 3 players in the penalty box. Both Whisper and Dragsy serving out the match for fighting, I couldn't get anyone to fight (despite trying before both of them) but eventually got off the ice for hooking, so I saw the match out in the box as miraculously in the 1 minute 47 or so that was left, they didn't actually manage to score.

I just wanted to see our opponents reaction. They'd either have been pissed off, thinking we were sore losers and just fighting and being general morons. Or found it hilarious that we just didn't want to be on the ice anymore and doing everything we could to get off.

Shame our communication went down not long after and we all gave up.

Both Whisper and Dragsy serving out the match for fighting

Hey! I was the one who knocked out the other guy in two punches and started the fighting spectacle. I think Whisper tripped someone which made him the 3rd person in the penalty box at the end of the match.

Maxx and Ruki are both serviceable when they try >_>

AI defenseman is horrid, I much prefer humans, as long as they're not dicking about. Same goes for goalie.

The Fight me Bill game was epic, I'm not sure the story has been told on here though. Essentially, me, Maxx, Ruki and I believe Toe as well, were getting demolished. This one guy was called Rob Goldberg, and we kept making wrestling jokes. Eventually, we got frustrated and just started pasting them and I tried to get a fight with Goldberg. No luck whatsoever until I sent him an XBL message that just read "Fight me Bill!" Either he thought it was hilarious, or he thought I was a dick, but he accepted, I ruined his face and sent him a second message reading "Who's next?" I don't know or care if he understood, but we found it hilarious. And yeah, I believe Maxx and Ruki combined for something like 170 hits, and me and Toe contributed a further 30.

Maxx and Ruki are both serviceable when they try >_>

AI defenseman is horrid, I much prefer humans, as long as they're not dicking about. Same goes for goalie.

The Fight me Bill game was epic, I'm not sure the story has been told on here though. Essentially, me, Maxx, Ruki and I believe Toe as well, were getting demolished. This one guy was called Rob Goldberg, and we kept making wrestling jokes. Eventually, we got frustrated and just started pasting them and I tried to get a fight with Goldberg. No luck whatsoever until I sent him an XBL message that just read "Fight me Bill!" Either he thought it was hilarious, or he thought I was a dick, but he accepted, I ruined his face and sent him a second message reading "Who's next?" I don't know or care if he understood, but we found it hilarious. And yeah, I believe Maxx and Ruki combined for something like 170 hits, and me and Toe contributed a further 30.

It was epic.

This game hates me. On BAP I'm constantly getting shuffled about on the line bouncing from top line to bottom line. I'll have a game and get 3 points, the next one we lose and I might get 0 points and suddenly I'm not good enough and being dropped instantly. It's such a gay. I'm the leading scorer with about 38 - which is pretty much 20 more than anyone else on the team, I'm 4th in the AHL on points having just reached my 50. But because I take quite a few shots (I am a RW Sniper after all) and occasionally turn the puck over (when passing it can be quite tricky to get the puck pass perfect everytime) my team play plummets to D or something silly. So I'll end up with positioning and stats usually around A for positioning and A/B for stats. Then a random D for team play for whatever reason which half the time I can't fathom.

And I'm back on the 2nd line. :-\