NHL 2K9 / NHL 09

Toe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was dissing your positioning, not your speed.

Also, I'm up for a few games tonight. I'll just pop on and invite Will nad Mick's bitch and anyone else who's left hteir gamertag that I've forgotten.

I'll make up for it, By not screwing up this time, I'm getting better from 2 days back.

Give me 11mins guys.

Edited by Merry Slogmas

I spilled drink on my controller and had no time to reset my mic to tach2, Because it has on a differnt tach than the controller, I couldn't hear or speak to you guys.

Also me as human goalie = NEVER AGAIN!

EVER!

EH EH EH EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER!

[EDIT] Crap, I had to take a call and missed the start of the game, Will come back online now.

Also, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER!

A-GAIN!

Edited by Merry Slogmas

We are a disorganised shambles when we play with Slogger. We are at least passable and have a chance of winning when we play without Slogger. Quite a predicament.

We lose with or without me, Atlest I'm not always in the penalty box.

12-0 :shifty:

Whoever was the goalie after Slogger was pretty spot on. Our defense needs to be man-on-man or else we end up leaving someone open which is never a good thing. Slogger, have you ever tried to play as a LD?

We are a disorganised shambles when we play with Slogger. We are at least passable and have a chance of winning when we play without Slogger. Quite a predicament.

We lose with or without me, Atlest I'm not always in the penalty box.

Not true. Where do you think the 20-odd wins we do have came from? We got a couple the other night, actually, with me, Whisper, Ace and Dragsy. And bad positioning/defending hurts us more than penalties to be fair, even when we have several penalties it's not often the opposition scores on the majority of the powerplays.

We have 30 wins and i've been there for a fair few, Including two that you wouldn't have won if it wasn't for me, See overtime winner and two goal game heroics (sans empty net miss)

It was Whisper in the Wind who was goalie after Slogger, obviously the only bad moment was when he tried to think ahead and they scored because he thought they were going to deke to the corner. Shame he got disconnected late on. Hardly a problem though as he's far and away our best human goalie and always makes us play well. Shame he's also a good defensive man - probably my favourite player to have at RD when I'm RW. Although Mr. X done a great job yesterday, sorry about the Yank comments, I just refused to call you Mr. X out loud - but Joe will do.

As I said, that 12-0 loss was possible the funniest thing I've ever been a part of ever. That goaltending performance may trump Dragsy's the other night when he pulled himself while they had an attack - although he put a good performance is afterwards. It was a quality match if only for everytime they scored all you could here was "WHAT THE HELL!?! HOW DID THAT GO IN!?"

5-6 is just too disorientating. Especially when you play another team with the same amount. I'm seeing fucking cones/triangle markers in my sleep. They're just everywhere.

Also I think I play NHL09 online more for the banter between me, AD, Dragsy and Whisper when playing than actually trying to win. Although there are a few good combinations of us who can play well when we're together and get a decent opponent to play against.

I don't think anyone said that, and you're not to blame for all the negatives of the team, either. I just prefer playing with at least one AI defender and with that leaving four human players, I prefer the combination of me, Whisper, Ace and Dragsy. Must be the British connection, we're better than everybody :shifty:

I assume it works the same way as FIFA in that if there's 6 or more people wanting to play at the same time, two or more could go into the dressing room and start up a game and then the remaining players can enter the dressing room and play a game of their own, so it will count as two games for our team, going on at the same time sort of thing.I've probably made that sound more complicated than it is.

Edited by AD

That's what it sounds like though.

I had been thinking about the other thing though., If there's 7 of us, Have a game with 3 in it and a game with 4 in it.

It made sense mate.

Edited by Merry Slogmas