NHL 2K9 / NHL 09

Toe

I'm not sure if the All-Star Game automatically gets the tempo amped up or what... but jesus shit fucker can I see the difference between playing the slow, almost plodding at times, games with my Leafs... and the All-Star Game. Does having better players actually make THAT much of a difference?

Jeez.... I might have to go out and get myself a star guy.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if the All-Star Game automatically gets the tempo amped up or what... but jesus shit fucker can I see the difference between playing the slow, almost plodding at times, games with my Leafs... and the All-Star Game. Does having better players actually make THAT much of a difference?

Jeez.... I might have to go out and get myself a star guy.

Yes. Playing with better players does make a huge difference. Play as the Lightning and try not to dominate with your top line. I know exactly what you mean, too. I played with the Leafs right away when I got the game, and was shocked when I discovered how easy it is to score when playing as almost any other team.

Except the Islanders.

I hate tripping and delay of game penalty, The latter adds onto the former and I get myself a juicy 5 on 3, I've had to quit against Washington twice now, Because of this, If I'm not supposed to poke check, How am I going to get the puck off them?

I noticed the speed change right away... but was caught totally off-guard when a simple touch on my Skill Stick fired off a rocket of a wrist shot, top shelf, from Alex Ovechkin.

I had two reps in the game... Kaberle and Toskala both made the team, and Toskala played half the game, switching in after Martin Brodeur played the first half.

I had to put myself back at Superstar, because I was dominating games on All-Star. Not due to scoring, but because my defense is so good that I could win games 1-0 all the time. Of course, I was losing a few games here and there, but my opponents were still only registering 10 shots per game.

Superstar has it a lot closer, and I find myself struggling, but enjoying it more now that I've kind of figured out how to score a bit better.

Coming out of the all-star break, I'm in the Playoffs with both of my teams, but I have a feeling the Leafs will end up in 9th or 10th, and the Marlies will be my post-season story.

Funny story though, the Habs are the 13th ranked team in the East. I don't think I beat them at all so far in the season, so it's not my fault... they just aren't clicking for some reason.

SLOGGER EDIT: You have to be smart about when you poke check. There's also the stick-lift (A-Button on Xbox), which comes in handy. I find that using the two tools and being patient with it leads to very few penalties.

When it comes to Delay of Game... well... that's just an aiming issue. Be patient with the puck. If you have time, dump it, but make sure you're aiming for the middle of the ice. If not, either fire off a quick slapshot to clear it, or pass it to an open man to clear.

It's about patience.

Also...stop quitting your games. Start enjoying losing. I used to dominate at these games and it made it boring as hell by the end of the first month. It's almost Christmas time and I'm still playing this awesome game because I win some, I lose some, and I'm challenged by it.

Edited by Gabriel

What I ment is that I just got shutout 2 games in a row by the same score and I was getting pissed off with Washington doing what the other two teams did but by alot more, Due to the before mentioned penalties, Will take that under advisement, Thanks Gabriel.

Edited by Slogger

What I ment is that I just lost 2 games in a row by the same score and I was getting pissed off with Washington running all over me, Due to the before mentioned penalties, Will take that under advisement, Thanks Gabriel.

Try adjusting the sliders a bit, to up Poke Effectiveness.

If that doesn't work, just do what I do when I get frustrated with the poke check... just lay into everyone. Play the body and injure as many guys as you can.

I'm good for a league game at about that time, Hopefully we can get some of the others to come on and play some too.

Just an update on my previous post, I grabbed the new MudTiger sliders from the Operation Sports forums and got a real had fought 2-0 win against the Caps with both goals coming in the final 2mins of the game, Off the post wrister from Getzlaf and a Empty Netter from Shanahan (Whom I traded Pahlsson for)

On another note, This is the longest I've gone on a single franchise in an NHL game, 22 games <_<

xe6377uyrwm48frf

Jersey code. :o

A few jerseys are off because teams decided to change their designs AFTER sending them to EA. =/

Oh yeah, and Jose Theodore's a bitch. I'm playing my Be a Pro with Crosby, and he fucking robbed me. I should have one-timed instead of trying to be fancy. =/

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/2612240

Edited by Will!

If anyone wants a OTP game, I'll be one for a few more hours, But I tell ya what, I hate it when your rating is good enough to be on your NHL teams second line and your dumb ass AHL team wont take you off THEIR 3rd line.

I had something like 35 points in 25 games and got bumped from the 1st line on the Rangers :rolleyes:
Brendan Shanahan is holding you back mate! He's playing backstage politics to hold your push!

Shanahan is the Triple H of the NHL!

Edited by Merry Slogmas

xe6377uyrwm48frf

Jersey code. :o

A few jerseys are off because teams decided to change their designs AFTER sending them to EA. =/

Oh yeah, and Jose Theodore's a bitch. I'm playing my Be a Pro with Crosby, and he fucking robbed me. I should have one-timed instead of trying to be fancy. =/

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/2612240

?

Greatest save I've ever seen.

And yay, third jerseys.

And quit asking for league games when I'm not around, you cockbags. I try rounding up the troops and it's all "fuck off, Fallout/Cowboys/whatever".

Don't look at me, I won't have Fallout to own until X-Mas and I don't watch the Cowboys games.

Also yay for 3rd jerseys, But boo for the Ducks not putting out one, With colour swap jerseys like theirs, You would think they would need a Alternate.

Dallas offered me Tobias Stephan and Sean Avery for Alex Foster and Alex Steen.

Steen has been on fire for me recently, and has 13 goals at the beginning of February, so I took him out of the equation...and I have no interest in Avery, so I removed him and added a draft pick. They wouldn't accept just Foster, so I took him out and ended up dealing Mark Bell to Dallas in exchange for Stephan and a 4th Round Pick.

My backup in the AHL, Adam Munro, was signed to a deal by another team, so I got a new one in Eero Kilpelainen. Justin Pogge plays the vast majority (all but 3) of the games, so far anyways... but Kilpelainen was making it extremely hard to want to put him in the net. So I jumepd at the chance to add Tobias Stephan as my backup in the minors. With Joseph's contract out at the end of the season, that also gives me the option of dropping Toskala's games to get Pogge some NHL work next season, or keeping Pogge playing most the games in the A while Stephan backs up Toskala.

It's nice to have the 3rd Jerseys... Toronto's is beautiful.

Dallas offered me Tobias Stephan and Sean Avery for Alex Foster and Alex Steen.

Steen has been on fire for me recently, and has 13 goals at the beginning of February, so I took him out of the equation...and I have no interest in Avery, so I removed him and added a draft pick. They wouldn't accept just Foster, so I took him out and ended up dealing Mark Bell to Dallas in exchange for Stephan and a 4th Round Pick.

My backup in the AHL, Adam Munro, was signed to a deal by another team, so I got a new one in Eero Kilpelainen. Justin Pogge plays the vast majority (all but 3) of the games, so far anyways... but Kilpelainen was making it extremely hard to want to put him in the net. So I jumepd at the chance to add Tobias Stephan as my backup in the minors. With Joseph's contract out at the end of the season, that also gives me the option of dropping Toskala's games to get Pogge some NHL work next season, or keeping Pogge playing most the games in the A while Stephan backs up Toskala.

It's nice to have the 3rd Jerseys... Toronto's is beautiful.

Even though you could already choose them with the only difference being it looking a little bigger on the players.