NHL 2K9 / NHL 09

Toe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate how real life NHL events can change my team in 09. After the deal today I finally decided to bench Steen in favor of Mayers. Carlo scored an overtime winner last game, and leads my defensemen in goals (with 3) so he gets to stay for now.

Kulemin-Grabovski-Gaborik

Tlusty-Stajan-Antropov

Hagman-Moore-Grabner

Ponikarovsky-Mayers-Carcillo

(Steen)

Kaberle-Kubina

Cola-Schenn

Finger-Van Ryn

(Frogren)

I just played up to the Christmas break, so I figured I'd simulate to my next game and then save.

Happy Xmas, Toronto! Edmonton has just placed Marc-Antoine Pouliot on waivers. Would you like to claim him? Fuck yes, we would.

Georges Laraque was also put on waivers, but I figured I'd let him slide instead of getting greedy. I'm hoping that Pouliot can help the Marlies out with some secondary scoring, because John Mitchell is only one man, and aside from the occasional defenseman or Boyd Devereaux, I'm not getting a whole lot of other people scoring.

Quirky fact: I have the fewest goals scored in both the NHL and the AHL. I also have a winning record in both leagues because I'm the best in Goals Against in both leagues.

I've been playing with the sliders again to get more offense out of my opponents, but nothing seems to work very well.

I still suck at scoring, played two games in BaP....we slaughtered both. First game, I was just +1, second game I managed to score a goal AFTER bumping up the accuracy. What is the best way to make the game more competitive, while still being able to score?

My first game with the team got off to a winning start, mainly thanks to Dragsy - who scored the overtime winner. I'm sure he'll tell you all about the camera angle and stuff on his own so I won't steal his glory. <_<

So yeah.. we played two shitters and only won 1-0. Although apparently I fit into the team quite well with my hurried offensive style. I don't really defend very well, and I don't score too many either. So, not sure what I bring to the team...

Heart. Kid's got a lotta heart. >_>

My goal was awesome because I came out of the penalty box (bullshit tripping call with 30 seconds left in regulation :angry:) about 6 seconds before ace flicked the puck up to me and I beat the two d-men and fired a wrister top shelf...without being able to see the goal because the camera had done that screwed up facing the wrong way thing.

Also, anyone know where the thirds code is actually going to be posted? I imagine it'll be all over the place when it does, but still.

Edited by Dragsy

Because I'm excitable still, I got my first goal for the Battleground in awesome, awesome fashion. It was so awesome the other team just quit there and then because when you pass the puck into the net off the post having only played a couple of games on the console and game itself, that is cause for the whole team to quit. It was actually a pass to Dragsy but he was too busy trying to cross check it into the net so luckily it slid in anyways.

Goals from Dragsy when he wasn't in the penalty box and two I believe from AD gave us a 4-0 win with loads of time to spare before they threw the toys out. In my opinion they were better than the two we played against in my first match, but we only scraped a 1-0 then. Whether I'm picking up the game a bit better or AD is awesome (we'll say the first) may have some effect.

Was definitely fun though. If not for AD's second goal where he just bundled the goalie into the net with the puck <_<

Edited by IAceI

My first goal was awesome, got one-on-one with the goalie on the breakaway, faked to the left, brought the puck back to the right and beat him high. Then my second was stopped by the goalie but he covered up on the line so I just went to poke it out from underneath him, it came loose and trickled in. I liked Dragsy's goal where he intercepted them in the offensive zone, had about 5 seconds to decide what to do with it and then just slapped it right into the top corner.

Looks like me, Dragsy and Ace could be a good combination.

Indeed it could be, if I can sharpen up my skills a bit, which will come as I learn the ins and outs and stuff.

I really struggle with working my dekes right and managing to place my shots because you have the left stick going where you want to move, then suddenly when you want to shoot you have to move it to the position for the goal. I think anyways. Kinda confusing but I'm getting the hang of it I think.

We'll have to play some more sometime soon.

It's because I'm used to playing the computer at the minute which doesn't put your ass on the ice every other second. With computer controlled players there's no skating back and getting in the way it literally just is check, check, check, check until they win the puck or go to the penalty box.

I'll work it out <_<