NHL 2K9 / NHL 09

Toe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See Gabe, this why you have Moore take key faceoffs...scored it with 0.4 seconds left than a pair of dirty dangles by Gaborik and Kulemin to win in the shootout.

About 25% of my goals are those cheap pokecheck the goalie goals. Not that I'm complaining, because with the patch released, I'm having a harder time scoring other goals now.

Yeah I had so many chances in that game and really should have been up 5-2. My other goal was a shorthanded slapshot from inside the blueline with Cola. Chances that should have gone in did, but others didn't and I throw my last line out as a joke when there was only 10 seconds left and look what happened.

By the way, Hollweg+Battaglia for Carcillo was made when I was drunk last night. :shifty:

Stajan-Grabovski-Gaborik

Carcillo-Tlusty-Antropov

Kulemin-Steen-Hagman

Poni-Moore-Grabner

Just started my first dynasty, as Avs (obv). Started off with a silly trade, Raycroft for Nittymaki straight up. Win~!

Lost the first to Boston, 3-1 but I beat Edmonton away 2-1, with Nittymaki playing a pearler.

This game is just fun in new and awesome ways everytime I do a different mode. I love it so.

Ok, I give up, why can't I score in dynasty? The Avs topped the league in goals scored the first couple of weeks of the year, but I keep getting blanked. I dunno if my line combos suck or what, but I just can't generate decent chances on goal, I get way too many shots going wide or even over the net, and when they are on target, I may as well be shooting on a brick wall. Don't seem to be able to get decent rebound chances either, my guys just tend to flirt round the puck rahter than actually trying to flick it in or anything, it's so frustrating.

Ok, I give up, why can't I score in dynasty? The Avs topped the league in goals scored the first couple of weeks of the year, but I keep getting blanked. I dunno if my line combos suck or what, but I just can't generate decent chances on goal, I get way too many shots going wide or even over the net, and when they are on target, I may as well be shooting on a brick wall. Don't seem to be able to get decent rebound chances either, my guys just tend to flirt round the puck rahter than actually trying to flick it in or anything, it's so frustrating.

Lots of traffic in front... deflections and rebound goals are going to be your best friends. Remember... the left trigger button now works to help so that when you're trying to whack in a rebound, you won't be cross-checking people instead.

Dragsy: AI Learning. Try to score in different ways :P

I use some lines close to IRL:

Wolski - Sakic - Svatos (he's here for a couple games as a trial, usually it's Tucker)

Smyth - Stastny - Hejduk

Tucker - Arnason - Laperriere

Guite - Hensick - McCormick

But Arnason stinks, I might try and trade him.

Dragsy: AI Learning. Try to score in different ways :P

I use some lines close to IRL:

Wolski - Sakic - Svatos (he's here for a couple games as a trial, usually it's Tucker)

Smyth - Stastny - Hejduk

Tucker - Arnason - Laperriere

Guite - Hensick - McCormick

But Arnason stinks, I might try and trade him.

AI Learning is at 0, fuck that noise.

My lines up until very recently were:

Wolski-Sakic-Forsberg

Smyth-Stastny-Hejduk

Tucker-Arnason-Svatos

Guite-McLeod-Laperriere

Wolski has since been scratched because I'm getting nothing, called up TJ Hensick for the last game, no points but he was all over the ice and hit the iron a couple of times. Switched Tucker and Guite too, and sent McLeod to minors in exchange for McCormick. Only lost 2-0 to Columbus, rather than the 4-0's and 5-0's I have been suffering. Currently 1-8-1 and I honestly can't remember the last time I scored.

I bumped the shot accuracy and power up a notch and it seems to have done the trick. I knocked the game speed and palyer acceleration down to 0 and 1 respectively too, I have a much better handle on what I'm doing now.

Ben Guite broke our three game scoring drought with a one-timer at the high slot, and Cody McCormick chipped in an easy rebound in a game that saw 5 goals in the second period (3 Colorado goals). And who was this comeback against you might ask? Only top of the conference San Jose, motherfuckers (H). We were outshot 43-33, tied at 41 on hits, gave up 24 faceoffs to our 14 and were blanked on two powerplays, but still. 2-8-1.

I'm playing with Tampa, and the two games I have played since downloading the patch have been a 5-2 win over the Islanders and a 4-1 win over a team I can't remember.

My ability to score has not changed at all. I use a lot of one-timers coming out of the corners to the front of the net, and I usually get one good rebound goal per game too. I play on All-Star with the only changes to sliders being aggression to full and hitting power to 0.

Edited by Toe