NHL 2K9 / NHL 09

Toe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just pulled off a Leaf comeback against Ottawa with Kulemin picking up 4 assists. My first line is fucking lethal.

Must be an Ottawa thing. Down 3-0 with 10 minutes left, I get a lucky pokecheck goal with about 12 seconds left in regulation to tie, and I pick out Lecavalier with a lovely two-line pass right off the overtime faceoff, he then slams home the winner 12 seconds into OT. Fucking beautiful game.

I just pulled off a Leaf comeback against Ottawa with Kulemin picking up 4 assists. My first line is fucking lethal.

Must be an Ottawa thing. Down 3-0 with 10 minutes left, I get a lucky pokecheck goal with about 12 seconds left in regulation to tie, and I pick out Lecavalier with a lovely two-line pass right off the overtime faceoff, he then slams home the winner 12 seconds into OT. Fucking beautiful game.

I love the pokecheck goals. Only way I avoided being shutout by Philly. Wrapped around with Stajan and the puck was floating around in the crease so hitting R1 just had the puck slide in.

Plus for the first time since I can remember, I got a major penalty for Hollweging Randy Jones with Stajan.

Plus for the first time since I can remember, I got a major penalty for Hollweging Randy Jones with Stajan.

I did, too, with my BAP guy. Killed Alex Ovechkin for 55 days with a broken jaw. Probably knocked the Caps out of the playoffs, as the East is about six points between 4th and 10th right now, and they're sitting in 8th. I was all "sorry, Alex" since he's one of my favorite players, but damn, it was a sick hit.

I'm still struggling with faceoffs in my dynasty... so I'm seriously considering adding someone before the deadline. I'm currently halfway through November...Grabovski is abymsal against anyone who is any good on the draw, Tlusty and Stajan are okay, but not reliable enough when I absolutely need to win the faceoff... and that leaves Dominic Moore, who I've got centering my fourth line. Moore is the only one of my guys above 50%, but there are a lot of times I don't want my fourth line out in a pressure situation.

I'm looking at Jeff Halpern, from Tampa Bay, right now. I think he'd fit in well, but I have no idea how I'd get him onto the roster. The only forward I was considering trading was Jason Blake, and he's started producing, with 7 goals in 16 games.

I've got Carlo Colaiacovo floating right now. I can't send him down without risking losing him, but I'm extremely happy with my six defensemen, especially Finger and Frogren, who as my third pair, are injuring opposing players left and right.

So, Coly is a definite possibility to be moved to bring in a centerman... but I still would have to scratch or demote someone to make room. I'll probably end up giving Halpern the second line center role, move Tlusty to the win on the fourth line, and have him, Mitchell and Kulemin alternate in and out of the fourth line until I find a combination I'm happy with.

I don't want to make the move too early though... I'm doing fine without any additions, and maybe between now and the deadline I'll have an injury or something happen and open up some room without forcing me into any difficult decisions.

12th in the East after 16 games, and this is the most fun I've had playing an NHL dynasty ever.

The way Dynatsys go in NHL you won't have any injuries. :shifty:

And if you want Moore out for key faceoffs, go into Edit Lines put the two wingers you want out on the 4th line then once the draw is done switch your forward line to the center you want. For instance if I want Kulemin, Grabovski and Gaborik out I'll put Kulemin and Gaborik on the 4th line then once the faceoff is done I'll switch to my first to get Moore off and Grabs on.

I am on the second line with Grabobski and Bell.....I don't think he's ever won a faceoff <_<

Playing on pro now, AI learning down to half. First game against the Rangers, we win 4-2, and then we lose the next game to them 4-1. I think I like this new setting.

The way Dynatsys go in NHL you won't have any injuries. :shifty:

And if you want Moore out for key faceoffs, go into Edit Lines put the two wingers you want out on the 4th line then once the draw is done switch your forward line to the center you want. For instance if I want Kulemin, Grabovski and Gaborik out I'll put Kulemin and Gaborik on the 4th line then once the faceoff is done I'll switch to my first to get Moore off and Grabs on.

I can't be assed to do that. I might just move Moore up onto my third line for the time being, with Hagman and Mayers, because they do a great job of shutting forechecking and keeping the other team away from my net.

Fucking hell, what a series. Up 3-1 with Tampa against the Islanders, we cough up games 5 and 6, down 4-2 in Game 7 with 10 minutes to go. Then, we get two goals in the last three minutes to tie the thing up and go to OT. Then another OT. Then the third OT. And with 7 minutes left in OT3, Bill Guerin throws in the goofiest-looking shit off the boards and off Kolzig's ass to win the series for NY. Shitty ending, but DAMN. Hella game.

Anyone else feel like BAP is just a little chintzy with the XP's? A+'s across the board on the season expectations, and all it buys me is four rating points...one of those because I had several saved up for defense. I dunno, maybe if the point boosts cost 120-150 instead of 160-220, it'd feel easier to get ahead.

Finally, who else has won some hardware? I raked the Calder (no surprise there, since Boguniecki was the only other rook doing a damn thing in my game) and the Norris (BIG surprise, except for the fact that I led all D-men in points...20 G, 39 A). Kolzig, shockingly, won the Vezina AND Hart, and Lecavalier won the Art Ross and Rocket Richard. All that hardware, and we still crashed out first round. And then, the Tampa GM still let Kolzig leave to Detroit. Bastard.

I just got rid of a heavy load on my shoulders... I was on a five game losing streak with the Marlies, and I was headed into back to back games against Rochester.

Game one, they destroyed me... it was just utter domination.

So before the second game, I made some changes, sent Brent Aubin to the main club and brought down John Mitchell to center my top line. Mitchell wasn't getting enough playing time with the Leafs anyways.

So game two is super close, we're up 1-0 with five minutes left in the third and we're pressuring for the insurance goal... but with four guys down low on the cycle, I take a shot, miss the net and it wraps around the boards... McCardle gets a two on one with some other guy against Ian White... and I play the pass... McCardle roofs it past Pogge and we end up going to overtime.

Nothing gets settled in overtime, and I'm starting to freak out because I don't think I've ever lost six in a row before... Pogge bails me out a few times, and we get a Powerplay for the last 30 seconds... but David Shantz shuts the door. So we head into the Shootout, and nobody scores for eight rounds. My ninth guy is Staffan Kronwall, and I go forehand, backhand, stutter step, Shantz moves for it and I go forehand for the win.

Mitchell's presence really helped my forecheck in the game, and we dominated with puck possession... so I think I'll keep him with the Marlies for awhile.