NHL 2K9 / NHL 09

Toe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang on - I always save the downloaded roster updates I get when I jump on EASHL...does this overwrite my own updates?

Unless you have it set up specifically not to (for example, you have your regular rosters saved as "Plubby's Rosters")... then it will probably overwrite Rosters 1, or whatever the default roster file is called.

I'm not 100% sure... but if you put her on Latvia and she's come back, then it must... because the National teams are the only teams in the game who's players don't end up on the free agents list in Be A Pro or Dynasty.

Hell, I beat her 4-2, so I decided to just leave her. At this point, I consider her sort of like Manon Rheaume, but with talent.

Sure...but Ms. Rheaume was a sexy beast.

For all the Ladha kids' big numbers, she sure is easy to figure out... which makes me wonder... are the numbers just for show?

Hell, I beat her 4-2, so I decided to just leave her. At this point, I consider her sort of like Manon Rheaume, but with talent.

Sure...but Ms. Rheaume was a sexy beast.

For all the Ladha kids' big numbers, she sure is easy to figure out... which makes me wonder... are the numbers just for show?

One would hope so. I don't think EA would be all about gamers throwing their controllers against the wall just to make one little cancer patient happy. After all, they do still have to sell games despite the word of mouth.

And yes, Manon was quite tasty. Possibly still is, I may have to Google.

EDIT 2: And she's still connected to the game, too. Nice.

Edited by Sinistarr

There's a patch upcoming for NHL 09. In the recap I read at pastapadre.com it didn't specifically mention the toe drag but shooting accuracy has been turned down while on the rush and turning quickly etc, so that should help.

In EASHL overtime will now be 5v5 rather than 4v4 and it will be continous, so no shootouts. Shame really, I liked the set up but I guess it is good for teams that play with 5 skaters so none of them have to sit out. Plus it means the result of the game won't come down to CPU v CPU on a shoot-out.

Another fix is that for an own goal the proper cut scene will play, showing the defender who scored it being upset rather than sometimes celebrating with the opposition team as if he was playing with them. I experienced such when Wade Redden scored an own goal against the Devils, treacherous fag <_<

Best news, though, is that they've made it so if you press the vision control and try a one timer, it won't try to check at all, it will always try to shoot. I'm sure Dragsy will be most pleased with this one :P

Another fix is that for an own goal the proper cut scene will play, showing the defender who scored it being upset rather than sometimes celebrating with the opposition team as if he was playing with them. I experienced such when Wade Redden scored an own goal against the Devils, treacherous fag <_<

I had Cujo put one in then celebrate with the guy who was awarded the goal. Twas fucking hilarious.

I had Cujo put one in then celebrate with the guy who was awarded the goal. Twas fucking hilarious.

Now THAT'S the sort of thing we should be able to record for highlights.

And hurray for vision control one-timers. Boo to eradication of the shootout, just rotate the human players FFS.

Anyone had a player getting helped off injured, and on the bench in front of him sit two players...one from each team?

Lecavalier seems to like killing people in my BAP game, and it's twice this season I've seen "Um, dude, your bench is over there." "Oops, sorry." Just very odd.

Actually, the Lecavalier destruction might be too, hitting by players who aren't particularly known for roughhousing has been toned down.

I took out Jason Spezza out for 50 days with a shattering hit by Sidney Crosby. Momentum is a huge part of hitting in the game, that is why any player with good speed can crush people even if their checking ability is low.