NHL 2K9 / NHL 09

Toe

Yeah I wish we had chemistry kinda too. I had Tlusty on the left wing on my top line but when I dropped in scoring I switched him with Kulemin. Grabner is my third most scoring forward but he's a right winger so he won't work well on my front line.

Anybody else have trouble with d-men scoring. I've had 1 goal from the blueline though Kaberle has 16 assists so far.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I wish we had chemistry kinda too. I had Tlusty on the left wing on my top line but when I dropped in scoring I switched him with Kulemin. Grabner is my third most scoring forward but he's a right winger so he won't work well on my front line.

Anybody else have trouble with d-men scoring. I've had 1 goal from the blueline though Kaberle has 16 assists so far.

I just score randomly with my defence. For me, the players skill has nothing to do with it, except sometimes I'll carry the puck deep and try something towards the net with faster defencemen like Kaberle or Bouwmeester.

Also, sometimes when I change forward lines, if I take the puck deep with a forward one of the defencemen will pinch in and you cen set them up for a one timer in the slot. Scored in overtime with Zubov this way.

Also, sometimes when I change forward lines, if I take the puck deep with a forward one of the defencemen will pinch in and you cen set them up for a one timer in the slot. Scored in overtime with Zubov this way.

I absolutely love that.

Hagman takes the puck behind the net so that I can get my first line out and look for the tying goal with a couple minutes left in the game... I see Kubina sneak into the slot, pass it to him, take it in, quick two move deke and put it between the goalie's legs on the backhand... it was beautiful.

...then we lost in the shootout. <_<

Tavares unproven? Lawl.

The dude is the next superstar, and it's rather silly to bank on late-round steals. Obviously the Leafs shouldn't just give up on the season, but from a rebuilding standpoint, it would honestly be rather silly to try and push for the eighth spot, barely squeak into the playoffs, and most likely be ousted in the first or second round and get a mid-round first round pick. Should they just tank? No, but they need to be realistic about this year and the years coming up. And I really think if Gaborik goes somewhere else it's gonna take a year or two to really adjust after playing in Minnesota for his entire career.

The Leafs need to aim for a top five pick, because even after Tavares you've got a guy like Victor Hedman too, or let's say Magnus Svensson the Leafs finish 25th or so. The Leafs cannot really lose if they miss out on Tavares as long as they get a top ten pick. However, fifteen or sixteen might be pushing it, especially if they do the same in the 2010 draft. It's absolutely ludicrous to think the Leafs will be better off in five years with a mid-round pick two or three years in a row and Gaborik for a year or two, maybe three while rebuilding as opposed to focusing on rebuilding and building up a solid prospect core that's comprised of a few top five picks. If Gaborik would stick around, I'd say go for it, but I honestly cannot see him doing that in Toronto.

Fuck, look at the Pens. They were God-awful and in the process had some financial woes, but got Fleury, Crosby, and Malkin. Along with a few other guys. They're fucking set now. The Leafs wouldn't have to worry about that because honestly, the Leafs will never ever ever have to worry about attendance no matter how bad the on-ice performance is.

Seriously, getting Gaborik is just a bad idea for the Leafs right now. Wait a year, maybe two and I'd say go for it.

And to keep this somewhat on-topic, I'm having a lot of fucking trouble playing BAP as a goalie. It's tremendously fun, but I have a problem actually finishing a game because I'll give up an awful goal, then just restart said game.

Edited by Will.

I have made it to the top line of my NHL club! I'm on the Kovulchuk line :w00t: !

Kind of a nice feeling, eh? Playing on the blueline behind Prospal, Lecavalier, and St. Louis is 10 million times more fun than when I was toiling away on Line 3 and doing little but racking up minuses because Line 3 only scored once in 10 games. My second game with those three, I had four assists. A month later, I managed a hat trick AND three assists in the same game. (10-3 over Atlanta...realism be damned, I'll take six-point games where I can find them.) :D

If it was my game, you'd also have Robo-goalie :@

I just found out that there's NO FREAKING ESCAPING HER :@ :@ :@

How does this bitch appear in my games when I moved her to Latvia <_<

...maybe she's still in free agency anyway :|

You must have done something... either not saved them, or laoded up the wrong ones... or downloaded the roster update...

I moved her to a national team, didn't change her stats at all... and she's nowhere to be found.

It's beautiful.

Also... I'd just like to point out that losing close games is way too much fun. Being down late in the game and trying to battle back is just... well, it's the bee's knees. It really is.

You must have done something... either not saved them, or laoded up the wrong ones... or downloaded the roster update...

I moved her to a national team, didn't change her stats at all... and she's nowhere to be found.

It's beautiful.

Also... I'd just like to point out that losing close games is way too much fun. Being down late in the game and trying to battle back is just... well, it's the bee's knees. It really is.

It is just so satisfying when your down by one in the third, tying it early in the period then going ahead late.