NHL 2K9 / NHL 09

Toe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda On Topic: We don't get Saints until tomorrow, Also it's my whiny little brothers birthday tomorrow, So guess who gets to play first?

Stupid whiny little twat.

Fully On Topic: On the NHL front, I'm sitting in the lobby with my TV off, Seems that my TV hates the NHL lobby and gives me burn in whenever im in it too long, So speak if your in there and have a mic, I should still be able to hear you.

AD gets a million points, But the points don't matter, Because the points are like when Slogger scores a goal, It doesn't matter because we are down by 5 to begin with.

So I'm probably going to grab this today or soon....so who has it for PS3 again?

Clawson, get yerself a BAP player so I can invite you to the EASHL club.

So far, it's just me, Liam, and Plubby, and I could use someone a little further west of the prime meridian. Damn time zones.

If I knew anything about hockey I'd get it, but alas, I don't. I just know how to get penalties and hurt stuff in the scheme of hockey-related games.

So back to my question before, which one would everyone say is better? Also NHL 06 had a few other leagues in (Sweden etc.) - what do the new ones have to offer? Any new leagues etc.?

:)

EDIT: ..Right... NHL 09 isn't out in Europe on Playstation 2?... Is that true?

If so then - gay. They had the centennial Canadiens team on and everything :(

Edited by IAceI

Does anyone know how EASHL organises its matches? Is it with people in the same time zones? Because me and Jstarr have been unable to get a game the times we've tried.

I think it's just whoever's online that's near your skill level/league.

So back to my question before, which one would everyone say is better? Also NHL 06 had a few other leagues in (Sweden etc.) - what do the new ones have to offer? Any new leagues etc.?

:)

I only played the demo of 2k9, but NHL 09 is awesome. Last year's was named best sports game of the year and it was probably the best sports game this decade. 09 only improves upon that. PS2 version could vary though, I've only played it on the 360. It has quite a few European leagues now, international teams and the AHL.

This is so confusing. wiki doesn't list a PS2 European release date, but I've found a site that has a picture of the box, PAL version for PS2 so... maybe?

Not out just yet though if it is, 24th apparently. I'll probably pick it up.

On the latest versions (08 probably as most people wont have got that far yet) is the Entry Draft the same as usual or has it been improved. 06 it seems very... basic.

So I'm probably going to grab this today or soon....so who has it for PS3 again?

So far, it's just me, Liam, and Plubby, and I could use someone a little further west of the prime meridian. Damn time zones.

I already do. Invite me already. :P

What team does everybody play for in their offline BAP? I decided to try and crack Chicago's lineup since they lack any depth at center and see where it takes me from there.

I already do. Invite me already. :P

What team does everybody play for in their offline BAP? I decided to try and crack Chicago's lineup since they lack any depth at center and see where it takes me from there.

I tried yesterday, and it said "Fail to send invite" or some such jazz. I'll give it another run before I head to class tonight.

As for my club of choice, I started one BAP as a center with Washington. Bad move, it'll be eons before I get off third line there unless there are major trades. Defense with Tampa, though, is another story. Once you get on the first line with guys like Prospal, LeCavalier, and St. Louis, the +/- goes through the roof...and they're not bad for a guy's assist totals, either. 7 goals and 18 assists in 22 NHL games, and no other rookies are playing worth a damn. I smell Calder Trophy.