NHL 2K9 / NHL 09

Toe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So late last night I played my BAP mode Power Forward (right wing, Pittsburgh) and I had been in a bit of a slump lately (mostly due to me not being able to pull off slapshots due to the controls....I just have a hard time going straight back and straight forward everytime), so I was happy when I scored the first goal of the game.

Then, being that I hadn't even had a goal in a few games, imagine my delight when I took a beautiful pass from a teammate and backhanded it off the post for another goal. Now imagine my horror when i saw the replay and realized that my beautiful goal had come against my own goalie. >_<

Ouch. I wish I had saved the replay. I did manage to score the gamewinner after that though, late in the third period to win the game 2-1, but I honestly didn't know you could even legitimately shoot on your own goalie.

I also made this hit...which I -think- is a fairly good one...but might just be run of the mill :P

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/1530865

Called up to Florida, go me!

Also, anybody playing BAP as a goalie? If so, is it any fun?

I didn't like it very much. I much prefer playing forward or defense. Defense is more rewarding and awesome to play... but scoring lots and getting into corner battles is fun too.

Called up to Florida, go me!

Also, anybody playing BAP as a goalie? If so, is it any fun?

I'm loving it. For a mode where you (hopefully) spend a lot of the game not doing much, you really have to be concentrating at all times.

I found that playing goalie is tough. Sometimes you'll face less than 10 shots...and sometimes you'll face around 30 on 5 minute periods (Only playing All-Star difficulty though).

One thing that makes sitting there watching a little more tolerable is that if you press select your view will follow the puck instead of being from behind your goalie. Press select again to change it back. It's tough to make saves from this view, but it's good for seeing the action when the puck is in the other end.

Speaking of seeing the action, any way to make the camera not zoom to a horrid angle when I'm in the attacking zone? I hate being a puck hog and getting low Team Play scores, but if all I can see is me and the goalie because the camera won't pan out so I can see forwards or defensemen to pass to...

Just won a wonderful game against Spelradion Allstars, so wonderful, I'm going to post the stats.

CAMTA 3 - 0 SA

33 -Shots- 19

39 -Hits- 44

(sorry Ruki)

29 -Faceoffs- 8

(would've been 37-0 if not for lag and my penalty minutes)

4.36 -TOA- 6.58

8.00 -PIM- 4.00

0/2 -PP- 0/4

Highlights included the most perfect one-timer you ever saw, Ryan Steel slotting it in nearside under the goalie's arm and Ad's horowitzer of a slapshot from the left faceoff dot. Unfortunately, neither were included in the 5 highlights at the end, so no savesies :(

Edited by Dragsy

Is there any way other than using the internet to get a player to start the season injured? I'm getting NHL 09 (for PS2, I'm poor) tonight and I want to start a franchise but I like having things be completely up-to-date. I can edit the rosters myself, but I'd like Sergei Gonchar and Ryan Whitney to start the season hurt so I can properly simulate the real season.

Oooh these are available for the PS2 still? I wasn't sure, I've just got back into playing on my PS2 and a bit of NHL 06, I want a bit of an upgrade.

I'm wanting something more realistic as NHL 06 is too.. high scoring and - like most American sports games (NBA/NFL anyways) it just doesn't feel.. that real. I know, it is a game. But - what's the most realistic kind of game I can get?

NHL 09 or NHL 2K9 - cheers.

Just don't play them for a while. And I'm not gonna start a dynasty until all the new guys are in so I can play Schenn for 40 mintues a game. :shifty:

Yeah, I guess that works. Is there any way someone like myself who doesn't have online capabilities can get the updates? I'm away at school and can't get my friends back home to share the roster updates with me like in years past because well, they're at home.

I don't have a problem creating people and making changes to the Penguins roster but I'd like for all the teams to be updated.

Oooh these are available for the PS2 still? I wasn't sure, I've just got back into playing on my PS2 and a bit of NHL 06, I want a bit of an upgrade.

I'm wanting something more realistic as NHL 06 is too.. high scoring and - like most American sports games (NBA/NFL anyways) it just doesn't feel.. that real. I know, it is a game. But - what's the most realistic kind of game I can get?

NHL 09 or NHL 2K9 - cheers.

I find both games to be high scoring after a while. I've been playing 2K8 on Pro and above since I got it and have routinely scored 5+ goals a game since I bought it.