NHL 2K9 / NHL 09

Toe

Plubby, where are you?

EW Bullets have won their first game (thanks to Liam ripping a nice slapshot for the first goal and me sending two rockets in from the blueline to back that up), but we need a goalie who won't plop his ass down on top of the puck and scoot it backward across the goal line to put us behind.

Won't you be that goalie? :crying:

This was posted at about a Quarter to One in the morning, my time. I have work today, I wasn't going to be online. I'm Sorry! :crying:

I can play either from about an hour and a half ago to now, (That's 7:00PM-8:30PM US Eastern, convert it to your own from there) OR anytime from about 6AM to 10AM Eastern.

Weekends are different :D

We'll have to hope we can hook up on the weekends, then, and the post was mainly just to ask you to answer the invite. I'll get on now to make you a GM...and then I guess I'll have to go to EA and find some more players.

Admittedly, I can't always guarantee to be on, but at least my work offers me flexibility, as I'm sometimes off early or start late.

Mine doesn't. :D 6:30 AM-3 PM Eastern, which would get me off work at about 8 your time, right? A couple of hours before the wife gets home and that's about it. Although I'm taking a day off this Friday, and if the Mrs. doesn't do the same, I intend to be on the virtual ice all fucking day. Dig it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plubby, where are you?

EW Bullets have won their first game (thanks to Liam ripping a nice slapshot for the first goal and me sending two rockets in from the blueline to back that up), but we need a goalie who won't plop his ass down on top of the puck and scoot it backward across the goal line to put us behind.

This was posted at about a Quarter to One in the morning, my time. I have work today, I wasn't going to be online. I'm Sorry! :crying:

I can play either from about an hour and a half ago to now, (That's 7:00PM-8:30PM US Eastern, convert it to your own from there) OR anytime from about 6AM to 10AM Eastern.

We'll have to hope we can hook up on the weekends, then, and the post was mainly just to ask you to answer the invite. I'll get on now to make you a GM...and then I guess I'll have to go to EA and find some more players.

Admittedly, I can't always guarantee to be on, but at least my work offers me flexibility, as I'm sometimes off early or start late.

Mine doesn't. :D 6:30 AM-3 PM Eastern, which would get me off work at about 8 your time, right? A couple of hours before the wife gets home and that's about it. Although I'm taking a day off this Friday, and if the Mrs. doesn't do the same, I intend to be on the virtual ice all fucking day. Dig it.

Yeah, something like that. Friday though, I may be able to get a few games done around half 4, 5-ish my time, if you are off and have the chance to get on.

My only problem with the EASHL was that I did have a bit of problems with lag, but hopefully it might be better next time we play.

Plubby, where are you?

That would make it Friday Night for me, looks good for hockey! :D

EASHL, EW Bullets win 4-2 after coming from 2-0 down, I grab myself 2 goals and 2 assists.

Oh, and JStarr was good as well :shifty:

But seriously, we played well to get back into a game again. I feel like I skate around like a headless chicken on ice for the most part, but pop up occasionally with the goods, whilst JStarr actually is more consistent with his play. It worries me that I'm setting a standard I definitely can't keep up :P

The goalkeeping still sucks though, as the shots that went in were pretty easy.

I got online as fast as I could!

Awesome to see you guys bringing the W's though, hopefully when I join in I won't screw things up.

Also, do I have to create a player manually, or will it use the dude I made when I first started up the game?

I got online as fast as I could!

Awesome to see you guys bringing the W's though, hopefully when I join in I won't screw things up.

Also, do I have to create a player manually, or will it use the dude I made when I first started up the game?

You use the guy you created, I believe. But, to be honest, you can select any position from the match screen, so even though your BAP player may be a Goalie, you could play in defense or attack......so yeah, I'm not really 100% sure :P

Timing sucked a little last night, as I was up for a quick game with all 3 although NFL coverage was starting shortly, but when Starr pulled out, I thought it better to leave it for another night.

Yeah, the wife had just gotten home from an important business meeting, and I kinda needed to hear what she had to say about it, since it relates to us moving house at year's end. Otherwise, yeah, I'd have been all about another one with Plubby in the net.

Plus, if we'd missed any of the Big Bang Theory, she might have called a lawyer or something. :shifty:

Ad, Slogger and I just played the best game ever. 3-1 down with 4 mins to play in the 3rd, we managed to level it up and slogger grabbed the game winner in Overtime.

And for anyone interested (and my own personal bragging rights :P)... EWB CAMTA stats...

Team Record - 10 - 31 - 3

Most Games Played

Dragsy - 41

Whisper - 33

Slogger - 27

Ruki - 26

Ad - 25

Top Scorers

Dragsy - 16

Whisper - 10

Ad - 10

Toe - 4

Maxx - 4

Top Assists

Whisper - 17

Ad - 10

Slogger - 8

Dragsy - 5

Toe - 5

Most Hits

Ruki - 972!

Dragsy - 513

Maxx - 459

Ad - 321

Whisper - 230

Penalty Minutes

Dragsy - 141

Ruki - 98

Maxx - 87

Ad - 67

Toe - 47

Overall Record

Whisper - B-

Ruki - B-

Ad - B-

Dragsy - C+

Slogger - C+

Toe - C+

Gabriel - C+

Maxx - C

Old School - C

awesome, now where's slogger and ads when you need em?
I was having breakfast at McDonalds, Hotcakes FTW

You forgot to mention my pass from deep in our zone to just before the second blue line to set up the game tying goal, There's a reason why my passing's at 97.

also THIS was off the first face off in OT, Props to AD for winning the face off and Whisper for the pass, Great game guys.