NHL 2K9 / NHL 09

Toe

I know I sucked tonight guys, but how many shots am I gonna have that come off the glove and end up safe instead of dropping in or out front for an easy rebound?

Try going stick side instead of glove side.

I can't decide if that was genuine advice or a Gunnar Stahl pun :P

Probably both.

Either way, my shots go where they want to go, very little thought goes into direction in Online play... since generally you get fuck all time to do anything between recieving the puck and getting nailed.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so All-Star difficulty, with the AI Learning all the way up and Aggressiveness almost full... leads to good competitive games.

Florida had 42 shots, we had 36 over three periods and OT... into the shootout now... Ramo had a shutout going into the last minute, where they piled on the pressure and scored after managing 10 shots in under two minutes.

Damn, they just beat us in the shootout.

Much better than Superstar with the sliders all favoring me.

I know I sucked tonight guys, but how many shots am I gonna have that come off the glove and end up safe instead of dropping in or out front for an easy rebound?

Try going stick side instead of glove side.

I can't decide if that was genuine advice or a Gunnar Stahl pun :P

Probably both.

Either way, my shots go where they want to go, very little thought goes into direction in Online play... since generally you get fuck all time to do anything between recieving the puck and getting nailed.

I haven't seen the films in years, I don't really recall the plot, let alone enough to reference it.

That's a point though. For those who know more about their hockey than I do... Am I doing soemthing particularly wrong in those cases where, I get the puck in the Offensive zone and am instantly put down. I mean, is there anyway to avoid it at all that i'm unaware of?

Edit - and yes, i'm in tonight if we gots the numbers.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

That's a point though. For those who know more about their hockey than I do... Am I doing soemthing particularly wrong in those cases where, I get the puck in the Offensive zone and am instantly put down. I mean, is there anyway to avoid it at all that i'm unaware of?

Edit - and yes, i'm in tonight if we gots the numbers.

It's the way the game works. To avoid it, we would have to dump and chase, taking out a defender in the corner to create a mismatch.

I rented 09 and am having a blast with it. If you want to add me to the EWB team to help with the achievement, that's cool.

Will do.

I'm going to be around fairly late tonight, I'm working tomorrow now, but I get a lie-in since it's supposed to be my day off. Also, AD's renting a copy so we can both play.