NHL 2K9 / NHL 09

Toe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, here's my stats after 50 NHL games played on All-Star difficulty... as a defenseman.

33 Goals

41 Assists

74 Points

120 PIM

+41

1559 Minutes Played

684 Hits (More than double the second place guy)

Anyways, I just had a 4 goal game, in a 9-3 blowout of the Bruins, and I thought I'd up the difficulty to Superstar, and see what happens.

It's a little ridiculous how easy it is to be a league leader in this game.

EDIT: After the first period, I can say that I feel pretty much useless on Superstar difficulty... which is awesome. Now I actually will have to use my Experience Points, and maybe I'll slip down the leaderboards a little.

Edited by Gabriel

That was great fun.

I liked the beat downs laid out by "The Bad Guy" and Steele. Plus, it looks like we might have a goal scorer in Whisper.

I have to admit, that was the greatest forechecking ever, although we really deserved a goal off it. I didn't see the GWG as I was in the box though :(

What this thread needs is daily match reports to make everyone aware of my goalscoring heroics. <_< It may never happen again :P

I'm very much the "small guy" in the team it seems... seeing as everyone else puts out about 30 hits a game and I have a distinct lack of ability on defence... aside from throwing myself in front of shots, that I do enjoy.

I do fear i'll never sleep again though, what with the time difference of playing with you guys. That game is far too addictive, and i've only had it a day!

Also, with the stat updates for your player, I assume Online is seperate from BAP?

I'm actually my real height and weight, and I hit less than Ruki, and occasionally Maxx - it depends what mood I'm in :P

The time difference is a killer though, I won't be able to play again till Wednesday (got Thursday off), unless anyone can get on at like midnight UK time and we can squeeze a couple games in.

So, here's my stats after 50 NHL games played on All-Star difficulty... as a defenseman.

33 Goals

41 Assists

74 Points

120 PIM

+41

1559 Minutes Played

684 Hits (More than double the second place guy)

Anyways, I just had a 4 goal game, in a 9-3 blowout of the Bruins, and I thought I'd up the difficulty to Superstar, and see what happens.

It's a little ridiculous how easy it is to be a league leader in this game.

EDIT: After the first period, I can say that I feel pretty much useless on Superstar difficulty... which is awesome. Now I actually will have to use my Experience Points, and maybe I'll slip down the leaderboards a little.

Gaby needs to get Live and join us, clearly he's much better than we are <_<

Seriously? Superstar? I wasn't even aware there was a difficulty past All Star! I still find it fairly difficult on Pro.

I do like the sound of it being hard though. Seems like this game could have a better life span than most hockey games i've bought in the past. I'm not sure i'll ever get bored of BAP... gonna try me a goalie soon. I think the only thing threatening how much I play NHL, aside from real life :P, will be the release of Pro Evo 09... which, if the equivalent mode on that is half as good as on NHL, will actually ruin my life :(

Also there was one play in that last game, where we moved the puck around really well, ended with I think Dragsy shifting it inside to me and I hit the post. I dunno if you guys remember it but it would've been an awesome goal. I was actually gutted at the time that it didn't go in. I'm sure it started with a Khali open ice hit too... as most things did :P

What position are you projecting yourself to be?

I think it worked well last night with me, Toe and Whisper as the forwards and Ruki and Maxx as D-Men. Although I prefer playing center, I did alright on the wing. We need to sort out our roles as well, bit pointless having more than one power forward.

I think it worked well last night with me, Toe and Whisper as the forwards and Ruki and Maxx as D-Men. Although I prefer playing center, I did alright on the wing. We need to sort out our roles as well, bit pointless having more than one power forward.

I am going to switch to the wing for you.

We are getting better as a team. We are allowing less shots and making less mistakes and developing a little bit of offensive chemistry. It doesn't hurt having two power forwards. You have a cannon slapshot, and power forwards are great at getting those rebounds into the net. Also, I can't play with a character that doesn't hit well. It just doesn't feel right.

And Ruki, the d-men probably won't be part of the offence much until we can get better at puck control. Then we could cycle and move it out to the point with Dragsy and I in front of the net.

Edited by Toe

I am going to switch to the wing for you.

We are getting better as a team. We are allowing less shots and making less mistakes and developing a little bit of offensive chemistry. It doesn't hurt having two power forwards. You have a cannon slapshot, and power forwards are great at getting those rebounds into the net. Also, I can't play with a character that doesn't hit well. It just doesn't feel right.

And Ruki, the d-men probably won't be part of the offence much until we can get better at puck control. Then we could cycle and move it out to the point with Dragsy and I in front of the net.

Pfft, Khali's gonna keep firing in massive slapshots regardless.