NHL 2K9 / NHL 09

Toe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a bad loss, but we will figure it out soon enough. I think we just need to increase our volume of shots from the high slot.

Also, I need to play 20 games to get the next card. I assume that is when we get more points for our player. I am now the dedicate center, and I am just going to try for deflections and screens.

Edited by Toe

So, I downloaded the demo last night. A few things...

Would someone be kind enough to explain the offside rule in Hockey? - When I was playing, offside was called 3 or 4 times, but I didn't know why. :shifty:

Also, what button do you find most effective to steal the puck?

Thanks in advance.

The attacking team's players must be behind the blue line (the one closest to the goal you're shooting at) when the puck crosses it. If an offensive player is beyond the blue line when the puck crosses it (be it a pass or someone bringing it up) it's offside. Sort of like football, but the last defender is the blue line.

Poke check is a good way to get the puck but you have to time it pretty well. Alternatively you can just use the right analog stick to check someone off it and pick the loose puck up for yourself :P

Edited by AD

We had Benoit on our team. He was our D. He killed bitches
I'm sure I don't have to point out the irony that that sentence.

But I wish the damn game would come out here already, I've scored 3 with Crosby on the demo so many times it's given me the shits.

Toe, you fuck, I wanted to be the garbage-goal center :(

Fine, I'll stay as defenseman, but I'm taking more shots!

Also, we play again tonight? Sucks that I missed our first win, but it turns out that I actually can work on less than 5 hours sleep.

Edited by Dragsy