NHL 2K9 / NHL 09

Toe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in, surprisingly took me a while to figure out how to quit my old club, but I figured it out. :shifty:

Anyone up for a game?

EDIT: Fucking wraparound glitchers, such bullshit online. Tell me theres not many more of these idiots. How you could sit there and keep trying the wrap around glitch all game long, fuck me.

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

Usually, if you can cut them off early, i.e. get in the passing lanes, smack them in the mouth whenever they go behind goal, they're basically lame ducks for the rest of the game. There's still some trying the glitcher wrister that was patched, that one's easy enough if you have human defensemen to poke the puck away.

The worst ones are the ones who don't glitch until they fall behind, I fucking hate those guys more than the whiny prats who just aren't any good at anything else.

So are the glitches inconsistent across the platforms? As I don't think there's a wrap around glitch for the 360 is there? I hope not as I occasionally get my goals that way and I'd hate to think I've been glitching a goal when I thought it was perfectly legit?

The glitches make it insanely easy for me to win games online. If someone goes for those glitch goals I can hold them to less then 10 shots per game and when they do finally have 1, I've already scored 3 or 4 by pounding the net with shots.

So are the glitches inconsistent across the platforms? As I don't think there's a wrap around glitch for the 360 is there? I hope not as I occasionally get my goals that way and I'd hate to think I've been glitching a goal when I thought it was perfectly legit?

Yes, there is, but not the way you do it. It basically involves either a. cutting as fine as you can and tucking inside the post or b. going past the goalline, cutting back in towards the crease, forcing the goalie to flal over before you even shoot.

That's alright then. The first one I can kinda forgive if it's just one, as it is a possible way to score to tuck it in tight at the near post. But obviously if someone is trying to abuse that then I'd get pissed off, but I can also imagine that's an alright one to defend against because as long as there's a defender somewhere near where he should be he can probably get to the net in time to clock the guy as he skates round.

The second one however is a fucking pain and pretty much akin to the near post dangle goal one where the goalie spontaneously drops to the floor and they shoot high. At the same time though, even when we lost 5-1 to glitchers, when we score a perfectly legit - and usually quite good - goal then its a little ray of sunshine I guess.

To be fair, Joe was removing the dog/sibling/small child from in front of his television screen for most of the second half.

It was my niece. I gave her my other controller so she could act like she was playing, but she then turned it on meaning I had a menu pop up on the screen. I solved this by removing the battery which caused her to then stand in front of the TV, while spreading her arms out, making my line of vision of the TV to be about 1/2 of what it should be. :shifty:

I was gonna have a few online games against people, full team stuff. Figured I'd have some practice against the CPU to start with and I am absolutely fucking awful. I can't seem to work a full team at all on this game, I pretty much only play as one player - RW - in BAP and EASHL. So fathoming a full team and getting everyone right and seeing the CPU's quirks and stuff that I'm not used to seeing is awful. I just can't seem to get things right, even with the Habs against fucking Checkov. Ugh.

EDIT: Well I saved face slightly with a 5-3 win over Kazan. I was 5-1 up with their only goal coming from a bit of a fluke, but I lost my way defensively and it all went a bit tits up near the end. Played miles better though apart from their 2 goals from my non existent defending. Was annoyed with Price for their first goal... it hit him, spooned up in the air and then he dived backwards and put it in himself. Tool. Absolutely no awareness, he should consider a trip through his living room where he doesn't walk into walls or furniture a resounding success. <_<

Edited by IAceI

Anyone on PS3 want a game? Perhaps a league game if enough are on?

EDIT: I see you in topic Clawson! :shifty:

Check out this play leading to a goal, performed on the fly~!

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/3492973

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives