NHL 2K9 / NHL 09

Toe

Dallas offered me Tobias Stephan and Sean Avery for Alex Foster and Alex Steen.

Steen has been on fire for me recently, and has 13 goals at the beginning of February, so I took him out of the equation...and I have no interest in Avery, so I removed him and added a draft pick. They wouldn't accept just Foster, so I took him out and ended up dealing Mark Bell to Dallas in exchange for Stephan and a 4th Round Pick.

My backup in the AHL, Adam Munro, was signed to a deal by another team, so I got a new one in Eero Kilpelainen. Justin Pogge plays the vast majority (all but 3) of the games, so far anyways... but Kilpelainen was making it extremely hard to want to put him in the net. So I jumepd at the chance to add Tobias Stephan as my backup in the minors. With Joseph's contract out at the end of the season, that also gives me the option of dropping Toskala's games to get Pogge some NHL work next season, or keeping Pogge playing most the games in the A while Stephan backs up Toskala.

It's nice to have the 3rd Jerseys... Toronto's is beautiful.

Even though you could already choose them with the only difference being it looking a little bigger on the players.

While this is true, they're so bulky looking compared to the RBK Edge jerseys, even when I select vintage jerseys for both teams, it bothers me all game.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I've decided to customise that custom music pack a bit, and make the Avs arena music more accurate rather than using the generic list. I'll go through and out the organ stuff in when I can be arsed (I don't want too much of it). From watching the demolition of the Kings, I've pieced together a couple of songs (I'm pretty sure I've edited the right bits of the songs too), but it's going to get bloody repetitive with about 12 songs, so I was wondering if anyone knew some sort of resource that lists what teams use? It's a longshot I know, but I haven't managed to turn up much in my searches so far, and I don't get to see home games very often.

I wanna CAMTA sometime. I haven't played NHL 09 in a week or so but I'll get in the lanes and just knock people about if needs be.

CAMTA now? My dad's robbing the telly to watch Sports Personality OTY so I'll have to miss the first NFL game. Therefore me and Dragsy can CAMTA if anyone else is up for it.

Needs more interference calls. Like, WAY more interference calls.

Something that bothers me is that it's impossible to set up guys in front of the net. I'll be cycling the puck and see someone or even two guys sometimes parked in front of the net ready for a pass or deflection, but just as I'm getting ready to set something up, they get repeatedly cross-checked by the defenders, which takes away all offensive opportunity.

I'd like to see interference worked into the game properly for next year.

Dragsy had a good idea that with online play you should have a bit of a timer on when you can use the right analog stick to check someone. The last match was particularly bad because someone would go down the wing with the puck so naturally someone would be skating down the middle to get to the net and at about the blue line would be put on their backside by repeated checks.

Was fucking frustrating. Won't play them again I hope.

What did it say?

Matthew Smith - Goal - 17:34

Unassisted

A goals a goal and I didn't see you guys getting any in, Besides, I never ever score, That's my 6th goal in 45 games.