NHL 2K9 / NHL 09

Toe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, just got the game, I'll pop it in so I can get an invite.

I suppose I can attempt to be Goalie, being that I don't have alot of experience anywhere. It'll probably end terribly, but I can still attempt.

If I'm a defenseman, I'm repping the Mighty Ducks with....

1111766354_deanportman2.jpg

That goes for any position really

Edited by Maxx

I'm a little disappointed in the lack of new equipment available. I hope that we get some more this year in the form of DLC. Same with masks... I was hoping for more goalie masks, and to be able to choose the international team masks as well.

I must say though, that the new masks I did see were pretty snazzy, and a big upgrade over their counterparts from last season.

Yeah, I was hoping for more in the way of goaltender masks. NHL 2K8 has Toskala's mask, or at least one that looks very very similar. Why can't EA put that in their game? It is a little thing, but it does add to the experience.

Everyone has been invited. What does being a GM of a club mean? I am the GM since I started the team, but I can make others that join GMs as well. Should I make everyone a GM?

I believe you can do trades and such, possibly "sign" free agents...people who just don't have teams.

So Dean Portman's career isn't going so well. After 3 games with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, we're 0-3. I've got 0 points, 28 Penalty minutes and 84 hits.

Perhaps I shouldn't be a defensemen?

It's far too easy to start fights... and then after you're going, it only takes two punches to win?

When are we going to be playing online?

I'm not too worried about masks that look like their real life counterparts... but more than 2 per team, or more than 9 other custom designs would be nice... plus, they have all the masks for each of the Euro League teams, so why can't we choose them when we're editing equipment? It just seems kinda lazy.

Be a Pro has been kickass though.

EDIT: Don't make everyone a GM. Someone might just go letting any asshole onto the team if we did that. I think our team should be strictly EWB assholes.

Edited by Gabriel

28 PIM's? Your a disgrace to the name Dean Portman!

28 minutes? Well worth it.

I'm ready to roll now if we have enough people.

Otherwise I'll roll out Greg Goldberg and attempt to be a goalie

Edited by Maxx

I'm usually on everyday at varying times in the afternoon and night.

We should all agree on a time to play our first game together soon. Do we need a full team to play, or could like 3 of us play and have the CPU play the other positions?

Edited by Toe

You don't need a full team to play OTP. Unfortunately the NHL games will never have accurate goalie masks either. It's a whole issue with who owns rights to the masks, the artists or the goalies. Dipietro is the only exception to the rule because I assume Itech and EA made some deal with the artist of his mask. Jose Theodore had the same deal in 07 and 08. He doesn't this year since no one knows what his Washington mask will look like.

And dear God is it hard to get assists in B-A-P. Or I'm just selfish, I dunno. A combination of both, probably. Not to mention my linemates are Steve Begin and Georges Laraque. I look forward to playing with one of the Kostitsyn brothers, though.

Sorry about the double post... but no one comes back to read for edits.

I think we should wait for an online game... Toe, as GM, can decide a time and day for our first game, and anyone who can make it, can play... sounds okay for me... don't know if anyone else has an objection.

EDIT: And we get a game going... haha.

Edited by Gabriel

Ok, so we are 0-2-0 now. Maxx scored to make it 2-0 in our last game, but the other team came back and we just couldn't get enough shots on net to get a third goal.

Our first game we were down by two, then I went to the box for fighting and Maxx got a penalty. Our AI teammates tied it up for us while shorthanded. It went to a shootout, but we blew it. I can't wait to get more people playing with us. Maxx is a defensive defenceman, and I am a power forward.

Edited by Toe

I scored with a defensive defensemen too, so give me some respect.

Yes, please someone else be a defensemen with me, so we can actually provide a solid defense. Someone needs to be a sniper too, that will certainly help

Edited by Maxx