Official X Factor Season 5 thread.

Guest tiarnantmann

As in, the second version of possibly one of the most successful UK acts at the minute. And Leona Lewis who has possibly one of the best female voices in the world right now and is able to break into the US charts like no other UK female act has been able to?

Damn.. that would just suck. <_<

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like her, but her crying is real ugly. Like, proper ugly crying. Makes me cringe.

Anyways, before my internet tried to crap out on me earlier, I was just going to ask what people thought was their favourite performance of the series. Naturally, the duet with Beyonce was impressive, but I was already a big fan of Alexandra doing 'Listen' on her own.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8JgburSKQzU

Plus although it was early on, I really liked Diana doing 'With Or Without You'

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=olIOyGK1UKo

Listening to it again, its probably because the song didn't allow her to go as yelpy as she did in some of the other songs, like 'Call Me'.

Edited by rvdwannabe

Holy fuck, they released the voting.

Week-by-week voting

In other words, the week that Diana fucked up was her biggest victory.

Rachel sucking throughout isn't surprising; and Take That week was ridiculous. Eoghan died after that...and Alex struggled until the final few weeks...

That tells me that in the week she done badly, all of her fans got scared about her being eliminated, so they voted. Other weeks they just didn't bother, thinking she was safely through. :/

That's me with my Diana hat on, mind. :shifty:

I believe when Ruth went her voters went turned to Alex, because she was the next best singer. And when Diana left, her fans went to Alex, because everyone wanted Cheryl to win. That is how this works though. It is much better being everyone's second option than a few peoples' first and everyone else's last.

I'm surprised by those figures. I thought Alexandra would've been far and away in the lead the last couple of weeks for them to have brought in Beyonce to sing with her. Otherwise why would they splash the cash for Beyonce to sing with a loser? Plus I don't think she'd want to be associated with anyone other than the winner either. They must've been confident she was going to win.

Looking at it, it looks like what really did Eoghan & Diana in was Ruth going. Literally...all her voters jumped to either JLS or Alex, which meant the littl'uns never stood a chance.

Even though JLS and Alexandra beat both the young ones on the week Ruth left >_>

I was surprised that Alexandra wasn't higher up the voting lists, but I feel that is probably more because people assumed she was going through most of the early rounds, so didn't vote. She was bookies favourite (aside from occasionally Laura or Diana) pretty much throughout.

If I'm being honest, I never see Alex winning it. She just didn't come across as having the entire package, good singer is all I saw at the start. Diana and Laura were the clear favorites from day one and I don't think it was until Diana left that Alex actually became the favorite, which then somehow switched to JLS on the final few days.

As for best/favorite performance, mine was easily Diana's 'With or Without You' which I almost loved more than the original, amazing performance. Heck in all honesty, I just loved all of her performances. Maybe it's because she's my cup of tea or because the songs/music she was doing is the stuff I love, but yeah.

Though I did love some of Ruth's performances too. Purple Rain was great but 'Always' was just awesome.

Looking at it, it looks like what really did Eoghan & Diana in was Ruth going. Literally...all her voters jumped to either JLS or Alex, which meant the littl'uns never stood a chance.

Even though JLS and Alexandra beat both the young ones on the week Ruth left >_>

I was surprised that Alexandra wasn't higher up the voting lists, but I feel that is probably more because people assumed she was going through most of the early rounds, so didn't vote. She was bookies favourite (aside from occasionally Laura or Diana) pretty much throughout.

That was Diana's biggest downfall towards the end. Clearly. It shows when on her worst week, not just admitted by her, but it was there for everyone to see, she came out on top of the voting.

If I'm being honest, I never see Alex winning it. She just didn't come across as having the entire package, good singer is all I saw at the start. Diana and Laura were the clear favorites from day one and I don't think it was until Diana left that Alex actually became the favorite, which then somehow switched to JLS on the final few days.

As for best/favorite performance, mine was easily Diana's 'With or Without You' which I almost loved more than the original, amazing performance. Heck in all honesty, I just loved all of her performances. Maybe it's because she's my cup of tea or because the songs/music she was doing is the stuff I love, but yeah.

Though I did love some of Ruth's performances too. Purple Rain was great but 'Always' was just awesome.

You do realise I work in a bookies, right? :shifty:

Actual bookies favourite was primarily Alexandra, with Laura for about two weeks before she went, and I think Diana for a week. Alexandra was long odds on to win the final as soon as Diana went. Bookies very rarely get it wrong, as proved here, since she spent the majority of the time as a front runner with them, if not the favourite.

And so it should have been. She carried herself better than a lot of the people on the show (apart from the crying, which annoyed the piss out of me), and has an impressive voice, but with more to it than just Laura's. She is a better singer than Leona Lewis, so if Leona was good enough to win it, Alexandra definitely was. I hate women vocalists on the whole, but there should never have really been a doubt that Alexandra should win, if it was based purely on talent alone. Diana was good, and it was nice to see something different on the show, but at times she was screechy, yelpy and was lacking in something....I'm not sure what, but even though she goes more towards what I'd like, it just wasn't as impressive week on week.

Ruth was good at times, but rather than just being a good singer, she was a little bit shouty, without the control of someone like Alexandra or Laura.