blink-182

Benji

Only place I've seen it like that is the nurse's badge on EotS. And if you go off that, it could also be Blink *182* as per Dude Ranch.

Except that it's always been -182 on the heavilly dominant part of every album, single and merch they've done. It was only during the "Dude Ranch" era they ever really went off track in any significant way with that styling of the name. Search for yourself if you don't believe me.

Edited by Benjirino~!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's the way I've always seen it spelt by myself and others. I know that there dozens of way to do it - Blink182, Blink 182, Blink-182, etc. but who really cares...

EDIT:

And Benji, he was asking why I was putting it after the 182, not before.

Edited by PunkRockPete

PRP is right and wrong at the same time.

Right in that yes, at the end of the day, they're both selling a mass market image.

Wrong in that...well...the genre says it all. <_<

I love blink-182- probably than everyone else who has posted in the thread. Seen them four times in concert and saw +44 twice. Doesn't change the fact they are mass marketed pop music. That isn't a slight against blink-182, just the honest truth. When people write things like:

Take that back!

Also, Dragsy, it's like that on the cover for Take Off Your Pants and Jackets as well.

Yeah, that's the way I've always seen it spelt by myself and others. I know that there dozens of way to do it - Blink182, Blink 182, Blink-182, etc. but who really cares...

EDIT:

And Benji, he was asking why I was putting it after the 182, not before.

Ohhh, gotcha', my bad Drags.

Also, Dragsy, it's like that on the cover for Take Off Your Pants and Jackets as well.

No it's not :/

Blink182-takeoffyourpantsandjacket.png

AFTER, I'm questioning the hyphen being AFTER the number, christ. It was an off-hand bloody comment, nevermind.

As for the reunion, I'm in two minds. I liked the self-title album I guess, but it didn't feel like it was 'proper' Blink. I know they grew up and everything, but meh. EotS and Dude Ranch were like summer soundtracks when I was at school, being grown up isn't what I want from Blink. But on the other hand, I wouldn't want a dick joke album from a bunch of 30+ year-old family men, so I don't see how I can really win >_>

No it's not :/

Blink182-takeoffyourpantsandjacket.png

AFTER, I'm questioning the hyphen being AFTER the number, christ. It was an off-hand bloody comment, nevermind.

As for the reunion, I'm in two minds. I liked the self-title album I guess, but it didn't feel like it was 'proper' Blink. I know they grew up and everything, but meh. EotS and Dude Ranch were like summer soundtracks when I was at school, being grown up isn't what I want from Blink. But on the other hand, I wouldn't want a dick joke album from a bunch of 30+ year-old family men, so I don't see how I can really win >_>

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see a double disc album, one dedicated to "teenage fun" blink and one dedicated to "teenage angst" blink.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see a double disc album, one dedicated to "teenage fun" blink and one dedicated to "teenage angst" blink.

Wouldn't that just be the same as releasing a +44 and AVA album seperately?

Not really, to use the most modern examples compare the fifth album to Angels and Airwaves and they don't sound the same, ditto for +44 and Take Off Your Pants and Jacket; similar? Yes, but not the same. Why else would pretty much every fan say "oh they're good, but they're not as good as blink-182", it doesn't matter if the themes are similar, they still sound way better when they're together.

If this means Angels and Airwaves keep going then I'm happy. If it means the end of Angels and Airwaves I am PISSSED. Blink were good, very good even, but I like AVA so much more. I hated Tom DeLonge when he sang in Blink, but with AVA he just sounds so much better. So I'm in two minds about this.

If this means Angels and Airwaves keep going then I'm happy. If it means the end of Angels and Airwaves I am PISSSED. Blink were good, very good even, but I like AVA so much more. I hated Tom DeLonge when he sang in Blink, but with AVA he just sounds so much better. So I'm in two minds about this.

AVA are still going for the foreseeable future, they've no intention of stopping according to Atom Willard, I think they're just going to be more side-projecty.

A&A can't stop...Tom still has "Change the world in 30 years" plan with them, we're only 2-years in.

And the self-titled had some amazing tunes on it, even if it felt more like a Box Car Racer follow up to a Blink album. In fact "I Miss You" is the only song that doesn't do anything for me (although stuff like "Easy Target" and "Stockholm Syndrome" are a bit hit and miss). "All Of This" is brilliant, "Feeling This" is probably my favourite Blink 182 single, "Go", "Violence", "Here's Your Letter", "Asthenia", "Obvious" (which is HOLY BOX CAR RACER) and "Always" are standouts too.

Edited by YI

Change the world in 30 years? What?

Is he/are you serious?

is awesome

Actually I've been looking at some blink live videos on youtube. To get me in the mood you know. They're a bit hit and miss which is a bit of a shame.

is dreadful. :(

However the earlier songs have a few good versions.

Edited by metalman

Before We Don't Need to Whisper, I came out and said that it was going to change the face of rock and roll, What I meant was over a 30-year period. It's been one year — wait 29 more and you'll see how different your life is. Because it's still happening. What happens over the next six months to a year with I-Empire is going to continue that thought of what I really wanted the last record to do. It's a lot harder and a lot more ambitious than what I ever believed it to be, but what we're going to continue to try to do is to change a lot of things about music.

Christ. I love Tom Delonge so much...fuck, the "I-Empire" trailer is the most fabulous thing ever;

BAND: "So, how do we go about hyping our second album?"

TOM: "I know, how about I drive about the desert on a motorbike!"

One of our local ministers used "Secret Crowds" to soundtrack a powerpoint presentation. That was unexpected.

Oh and I actually thought the trailer was quite good. It was the cover of the album I hated. And the album itself of course. >_>

Edited by metalman

2009 is like a total 2001 "Year Of Pop-Punk" throwback. We have;

A great New Found Glory album.

Blink 182 reform.

Sum 41 releasing a 'best of' (LOLZ...even as a fan...LOLZ :shifty: )

Green Day announcing a new album for May ("21st Century Breakdown")

and awesome-ly...NEW AMERICAN HI-FI!!!

Now if someone can find where the fuck Fenix TX and Mest are hiding, we're sorted. Actually, I seem to remember the Mest singer got done for murder, but got off on self-defence, somewhat recently.

Edited by YI