Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Lennon's looking good this season. It seems as though Bentley arriving has really made him stop and think about fighting for his place.

Also so happy O'Hara got the second goal. He's been with us since he was a kid and from the pictures the way he reacted is exactly how I want to see one of our players react when they score at the moment.

newc_cc_away420a.jpg

Newcastle MUST be in a bad shape as well, we never win away up there.

I don't know why anyone's surprised at the Tottenham-Newcastle game, at the end of the day Tottenham have got some brilliant players who just haven't clicked and have some horrible confidence at the moment. On the other hand I'd say Newcastle have some average to good players who are also around the low level of Tottenham thanks to some appalling confidence.

The only difference is that Tottenham have got a (presumably) World Class manager whilst Newcastle are being shown what to do by their fitness coach.

When you add in that Tottenham won the cup last year, everything pointed at a Tottenham win. It was Spurs' game to lose and they managed to pull through

The problem is, you'd assume when they get the owner sorted and the manager then things will probably look up - so they're shit, but you'd imagine when everything is in place such as new owners and possible Keegan back then they'll be fine, until the slightest thing goes against Keegan's wishes and he throws his toys out the pram again.

Spurs have the owner, manager and money - they don't really have the excuse for being this bad like Newcastle do.

Also so happy O'Hara got the second goal. He's been with us since he was a kid

Once we'd poached him from Arsenal's academy >_>

I'd always bring him up from the reserves/youth in Football Manager. He wouldn't always turn out great, but still....The love was there. :wub:

Actually, didn't Kinnear resign from Wimbledon due to heart problems?

IIRC, then we'll have killed him off by 3.45 tomorrow, never mind the end of October :shifty:

Sat 27 15:00 H Blackburn

Sun 5 16:00 A Everton

Mon 20 20:00 H Manchester City

Sat 25 12:45 A Sunderland

Wed 29 19:45 H WBA

Well, at least he doesn't have any of the big 4 but still, that's pretty tough. If Man City can turn over Pompey then I worry for what they'll do to Newcastle.

Sat 27 15:00 H Blackburn

Sun 5 16:00 A Everton

Mon 20 20:00 H Manchester City

Sat 25 12:45 A Sunderland

Wed 29 19:45 H WBA

Well, at least he doesn't have any of the big 4 but still, that's pretty tough. If Man City can turn over Pompey then I worry for what they'll do to Newcastle.

Everton away and Sunderland away (as a derby match) could be tough games too. And the way Newcastle have been playing, I'd say Kinnear doesn't have enough time to turn the squad around before tomorrows game against Blackburn. I wouldn't be surprised if they only took points from the WBA game, and maybe a draw tomorrow if they're lucky.

It's sad to see, but I don't think Kinnear has the calibre to turn the club around, and when your in the position that Newcastle is in, they are some hard games to face.