Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Kuszack has been terrible. Looks like a bag of nerves out there, I'd rather they had put out Foster. Carrick is having his worst game all season too, usually really great passes but today they've been really bad. I really hope Blackburn don't get something out of this, because right now it looks like they could.

RONALLLLLDOOOO...what a fucking goal.

Edited by Dirty Johnny 27

Shocking decision not to award the penalty when Rafael brought Pedersen down. Also Ronaldo should have been sent off, but we all know he is a petulant bastard who doesn't get booked for that sort of thing :shifty:

Brilliant display by Blackburn though, and playing like that they will easily get out the relegation zone.

That's laughable. Pedersen felt a fucking brush on his shoulder and collapsed. It's about time they stop giving penalties for stupid shit like that. He could of went on and had a shot at goal, yet decided he'd act like he'd been shot from a brush on the shoulder. Referee got that and the Ronaldo penalty claim spot on.

Right result, although United were far from their best, very sloppy at times.

they were rubbish this year

You do know there's still about 12 games to go don't you?

And you can't be successful every year, my sympathy goes out to those fans who get disappointed when their team doesn't finish in the Premiership's top three for a change, it really does. :rolleyes:

I can't see Man Utd throwing this away unfortunately, once again the title will go to Old Trafford, although this unbeaten run can't go on forever, can it? <_<

If the freekick that resulted in Ronaldo scoring was awarded, then that means it was a penalty the other end as well. If it was outside the area Blackburn would have got a freekick for that undoubtedly, because it was in the box Howard Webb wanted to be hardnosed and not award a penalty - when, judging by the freekick earlier, it should have been if you ask me.

Have to credit Blackburn though, they came and made a game of it and came close to getting something out of it. I think Man Utd did enough to win the match, but had it finished 1-1 or 2-2 then I can't say I thought that would have been too unfair. Shame about Nelson hitting the post and then Diouf having a tame shot, then minutes later they go down field and score a peach of a freekick. And I think Gael Givet was really solid, good signing by Blackburn if you ask me

As for Villa, you're welcome. Enjoy the Champions League next season :)

2 points off 2 matches with Arsenal, could have been 4 if not for Fabregas' stoppage time equaliser earlier in the season.

Edited by IAceI

Streak had to end sometime, but the win is the most important thing. I realise they were resting VDS for Tuesday or whatever and he's not the sole reason for the clean sheet streak but putting Kuszack in goal instead when they're on such a magnificent run is just putting negative thoughts into the team's head before they even walk out onto the pitch. It's like Ferguson just wants to prove he can rotate through anyone in the squad and still keep a clean sheet.

You could see the team and fans were completely deflated after the equaliser. Think there were a few dubious decisions for both sides but glad they managed to drag themselves through it. Blackburn were the dogged determined team that we'd been used to watching the past few seasons. It's about time one of those Ronaldo freekicks flew in as well.

If the freekick that resulted in Ronaldo scoring was awarded, then that means it was a penalty the other end as well. If it was outside the area Blackburn would have got a freekick for that undoubtedly, because it was in the box Howard Webb wanted to be hardnosed and not award a penalty - when, judging by the freekick earlier, it should have been if you ask me.

Have to credit Blackburn though, they came and made a game of it and came close to getting something out of it. I think Man Utd did enough to win the match, but had it finished 1-1 or 2-2 then I can't say I thought that would have been too unfair. Shame about Nelson hitting the post and then Diouf having a tame shot, then minutes later they go down field and score a peach of a freekick. And I think Gael Givet was really solid, good signing by Blackburn if you ask me

As for Villa, you're welcome. Enjoy the Champions League next season :)

2 points off 2 matches with Arsenal, could have been 4 if not for Fabregas' stoppage time equaliser earlier in the season.

What? Wasn't the Ronaldo free kick for Evra going through two players and getting dragged down? Unless I'm mixed up, that was a free kick by a mile. Pedersen got brushed on the shoulder, if you're given penalties for that, you may as well give penalties for breathing near someone. He should of been booked like Ronaldo was.

AND CITY ARE LEADING. I don't see it staying that way, but for one day I could fall in love with them :w00t:

Edited by Dirty Johnny 27

Both were fouls on the basis a player was grabbed on the shoulder and pulled and taken off balance. The one that lead to a Man Utd freekick was worse and warranted a yellow card, but if you're running and someone grabs you on the shoulder and pulls you back you're going to fall back. The way Rafael quickly threw his hands in the air to protest innocence would lead me, and most people, to believe he's done something he shouldn't have - which he did, you can't go round grabbing players on the shoulders when you're chasing them. 9 times out of 10 you're going to get called for that, but because it was Old Trafford and in the box there wasn't a chance it was being given, outside the area though 100% would have given a freekick for it.

So your "breathing near someone" comment is completely off the mark. You run, I'll chase you and grab your shoulder as your lining up to shoot and you'll fall down too. Fergie can fuck off with his "dive" remark. The Ronaldo one was a clear dive, that one was a penalty through the fact there was body contact that took him off his balance while he was running.

Both were fouls on the basis a player was grabbed on the shoulder and pulled and taken off balance. The one that lead to a Man Utd freekick was worse and warranted a yellow card, but if you're running and someone grabs you on the shoulder and pulls you back you're going to fall back. The way Rafael quickly threw his hands in the air to protest innocence would lead me, and most people, to believe he's done something he shouldn't have - which he did, you can't go round grabbing players on the shoulders when you're chasing them. 9 times out of 10 you're going to get called for that, but because it was Old Trafford and in the box there wasn't a chance it was being given, outside the area though 100% would have given a freekick for it.

So your "breathing near someone" comment is completely off the mark. You run, I'll chase you and grab your shoulder as your lining up to shoot and you'll fall down too. Fergie can fuck off with his "dive" remark. The Ronaldo one was a clear dive, that one was a penalty through the fact there was body contact that took him off his balance while he was running.

I cant remember the United free kick. If it was the Evra one, he got took out y almost three players for fuck sake. Five foot Rafael touched Pedersen on the shoulder, he felt it and decided to dive. He wasn't even pulling him back if you watch the replay. It's basic instinct to do that, yet I don't believe that's a penalty for one minute. I'm tired of so many claiming ;'Oh it's United...Oh it's at Old Trafford' which is complete bollocks. Guess we'll just disagree on this one. I'm one of the few people who hate the majority of penalties and red cards given nowadays, it's ruining the game just as much as diving and so on is.

Oh and Liverpool score. I see them doing the usual comeback on the 93rd minute, I'd love a draw though.